"Three possible Transat suitors say they are not interested in acquiring struggling airline"

Discuss topics related to Air Transat.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: "Three possible Transat suitors say they are not interested in acquiring struggling airline"

Post by altiplano »

charlo wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:55 am
Last posting 10 years ago about how to find a job on the dock... now you're flying a 705 jet!

Good for you... keep applying...

I'm really talking about experienced guys that choose to spend 20 years in the M.E... not you...

Regardless, my point still stands, you don't get to choose your employer most of the time regardless of your experience. I wanted AC for stability but couldn't and no I won't keep applying, this thing is a pipe dream.
Everyone doesn't get offered the job of their choice, that's just a fact.
---------- ADS -----------

ToolShed
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: "Three possible Transat suitors say they are not interested in acquiring struggling airline"

Post by ToolShed »

charlo wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:55 am
Last posting 10 years ago about how to find a job on the dock... now you're flying a 705 jet!

Good for you... keep applying...

I'm really talking about experienced guys that choose to spend 20 years in the M.E... not you...

Regardless, my point still stands, you don't get to choose your employer most of the time regardless of your experience. I wanted AC for stability but couldn't and no I won't keep applying, this thing is a pipe dream.
Don't give up.

Attachments
tenor.png
tenor.png (119.39 KiB) Viewed 8360 times
ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

I saw a merger when I worked in aviation years ago, before I started flying - in another century. The problem was that the process was not fair at all. Some got seniority back, others went to the bottom. They had all worked at the original place, then chose to leave for a greener pasture that didn't work out. Tough tits. The rest of us stayed and hacked it out.

So the moral of the story is that if you are going to integrate people, do it the same for all jobs, and all employees. But this industry is not like any other. I do not know if it has to be, or it just worked out that way. I don't know of any other where it is so hard to get to the top. Most of the time, you just hang in, and things work out; but this field has a lot of examples where this didn't happen, unfortunately, whether because you die on the job, or timing is rotten.

seriousflyer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by seriousflyer »

Any update here?

simply_no_one
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by simply_no_one »

Interesting how there has been zero media covering AT in two weeks. This is still the most recent article and it's two weeks ago, if you go on Google and search "Air Transat".

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

I expect some news will come down this week.

April 29th I believe was the date for TRZ to pay back one of its loans

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

It's held support around $4.50 for 3 weeks without any announcement or information on the state of the PKP deal, LEEFF package, or a PQ bailout. I think a lot of retail investors are in the red and believing a $5 PKP deal will come.

I'd be interested to see what the large shareholders have done, Letko, etc. Are they maintaining or divesting their holdings these past weeks.

Either way, news has to come soon.

TFTMB heavy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TFTMB heavy »

altiplano wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:31 am It's held support around $4.50 for 3 weeks without any announcement or information on the state of the PKP deal, LEEFF package, or a PQ bailout. I think a lot of retail investors are in the red and believing a $5 PKP deal will come.

I'd be interested to see what the large shareholders have done, Letko, etc. Are they maintaining or divesting their holdings these past weeks.

Either way, news has to come soon.
Lekto isn't in support of the PKP deal at $5. I would be surprised if they moved a large portion below the $5 mark and it not be disclosed also.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Most of the answers that people are looking for will come out on Thursday at the TRZ Annual Shareholders Meeting or prior to.

https://www.transat.com/en-CA/corporate ... ses/124368

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

Dias
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dias »

CEO has stepped down.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

simply_no_one wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:18 pm Interesting how there has been zero media covering AT in two weeks. This is still the most recent article and it's two weeks ago, if you go on Google and search "Air Transat".
News cycles.

Notice how last week it was all about Hamas shooting 2400 rockets at civilian population centers and the IDF striking back.

This week its all about Belarus' "hijacking"

Latitude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Latitude »

**** wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:44 am CEO has stepped down.
Well deserved retirement ! As planned !

Savage Poetry
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Savage Poetry »

Is Air Transat a meme stock?

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Savage Poetry wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:19 am Is Air Transat a meme stock?
No, I bought them seriously. They are scheduled to start operations at the end of July, at which point I hope their stock will shoot upward.

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:49 am
No, I bought them seriously. They are scheduled to start operations at the end of July, at which point I hope their stock will shoot upward.
Serious question though, pre covid and the AC merger and all the future debt obligations and smaller operation that all entails Transat was a $5 share company so it seems like a healthy recovery is already priced into the stock. Where do you see Transats stockprice going after covid? It seems that according to this morning reports even for a Canadian airline right now Transat is a very sick animal.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Sharklasers wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:28 am
notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:49 am
Serious question though, pre covid and the AC merger and all the future debt obligations and smaller operation that all entails Transat was a $5 share company so it seems like a healthy recovery is already priced into the stock. Where do you see Transats stockprice going after covid? It seems that according to this morning reports even for a Canadian airline right now Transat is a very sick animal.
There is bound to be a rebound once the company has revenue again. Worst case scenario, I'm out a few hundred dollars.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

It is either a ‘dead cat bounce’ or somebody knows something (or is a really good guesser).

Trading volume not particularly eye-catching.

Transat AT needs to be recapitalized. It will have to be a third party. I would still not rule out a court supervised restructuring or a voluntary restructuring.

777Aviate
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 777Aviate »

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/t ... 67645.html

"While the availability of a vaccine makes it possible to hope for the resumption of operations at a certain level during 2021, the Corporation does not expect such level to reach the pre-pandemic level before 2023."

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Strategic plan

The Corporation has developed its plan for future years, setting the following objectives:

During 2021, stabilize the business by streamlining operations and laying the foundations for a recovery that will ensure the Corporation's long-term viability after the pandemic;
During the 2022-2026 period, make the Corporation profitable again and complete its transformation to achieve a level of profitability that exceeds pre-pandemic levels, as well as grow in new markets;
After 2026: leverage those achievements to propel Transat toward a new growth phase.
To that end, Transat will implement or continue certain changes:

Refocus airline operations and redefine the network by ensuring a greater presence in Eastern Canada and Montréal and forging alliances to strengthen the network;
Reduce costs and increase flexibility, particularly by renegotiating some commitments (fleet, real estate, etc.), by refocusing on airline businesses (discontinuation of the hotel division) and a significant simplifying of the organization;
Optimize financing structure over the long term;
Increase efficiency by streamlining the fleet and bringing its average age down, around two types of Airbus aircraft, improving aircraft usage, reducing seasonal fluctuations and enhancing revenue management practices.

Discontinuation of the hotel division

On May 20, 2021, due to the decline in liquidity as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, and in line with the objectives of the new strategic plan, the Corporation's Board of Directors approved the discontinuation of the hotel division's operations.

Return to “Air Transat”