Private Jets & COVID rules

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Private Jets & COVID rules

Post by tsgarp »

The Real . wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:49 am
RedAndWhiteBaron wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:01 pm I mean, I'm just saying - but pilots aren't paid for their discretion. Journalists are.
Corporate/Private Aviation Pilots sure are paid for their discretion, in fact it’s likely in your contract.

Rigpig is correct, first rule is we don’t talk about it.

And yes we follow the rules or we would be on the street faster than Justin Trudeau spends your tax dollars.
Hey, how did you get that user name past the auto-censor? :smt040
---------- ADS -----------

The Real Scudrunner
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by The Real Scudrunner »

don't you know Auto sometimes screws up.

My Forums Better
Dh8Classic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dh8Classic »

Katien. Hmmmm.

Katie n perhaps. Hmmmmm

Katie N. perhaps. Perhaps I could google Katie N. journalist. Hmmmm. Comes up with Katie Nicholson and says;
“Katie Nicholson is a senior reporter with CBC News based in Toronto.”

Is this our mysterious Katien. Maybe.

Let’s see what this particular person is doing on behalf of her employers, also known as taxpayers.

Of course, it could be a different journalist.

But one entity was not impressed with what they said was a hit job by Katie Nicholson:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.theepoc ... 2.html/amp

Even if a different person, I would stay far away from Katien. This person has a deadline for their story. Just wait a while.

MrWings
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by MrWings »

If Katien trashed the racist right wing Epoch Times then she is a hero.

I'll talk with her.

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

Hey CBC reporter, you literally live off of handouts and government bailouts to survive. Your wage is paid by OUR MONEY. Your viewership is decreasing and so is your ad revenue. This year you need another 800 Million ON TOP of what you normally get. Now I dont want to get personal but as an organization that wouldn't exist without MY TAX DOLLARS, how about you support other struggling industries instead of attacking them at EVERY opportunity.
Covid has been the biggest devastation in the aviation industry in the history of Canada, 100x worst than 911. How about you use your unlimited funds to support fellow Canadians instead of look for more stories to hurt our industry. These are mothers, brothers, neighbors, and friends, that are all unemployed losing their HIGHLY specialized skills waiting for the government to make a plan to restart travel.

Respectfully, I wouldn't sleep at night If was you. Hope you see the light and start supporting Canadians in the darkest hour. Karma is real.

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

RRJetPilot wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:52 am Hey CBC reporter, you literally live off of handouts and government bailouts to survive. Your wage is paid by OUR MONEY. Your viewership is decreasing and so is your ad revenue. This year you need another 800 Million ON TOP of what you normally get. Now I dont want to get personal but as an organization that wouldn't exist without MY TAX DOLLARS, how about you support other struggling industries instead of attacking them at EVERY opportunity.
Covid has been the biggest devastation in the aviation industry in the history of Canada, 100x worst than 911. How about you use your unlimited funds to support fellow Canadians instead of look for more stories to hurt our industry. These are mothers, brothers, neighbors, and friends, that are all unemployed losing their HIGHLY specialized skills waiting for the government to make a plan to restart travel.

Respectfully, I wouldn't sleep at night If was you. Hope you see the light and start supporting Canadians in the darkest hour. Karma is real.
What in high heaven are you babbling about? Find a job yourself and stop living off taxpayers and expecting "the government" to help you, so hypocritical.

Oh ya, blame the government for not "restarting travel". Where you going smart guy? Is the rest of the world open for business and it's just us not traveling?

"highly specialized skills"? the reality is no, it's not and requires very little education. Not to mention that automation is taking our jobs away too. Time to retrain or stop complaining.

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

Heliian wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:05 am
RRJetPilot wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:52 am Hey CBC reporter, you literally live off of handouts and government bailouts to survive. Your wage is paid by OUR MONEY. Your viewership is decreasing and so is your ad revenue. This year you need another 800 Million ON TOP of what you normally get. Now I dont want to get personal but as an organization that wouldn't exist without MY TAX DOLLARS, how about you support other struggling industries instead of attacking them at EVERY opportunity.

What in high heaven are you babbling about? Find a job yourself and stop living off taxpayers and expecting "the government" to help you, so hypocritical.

Oh ya, blame the government for not "restarting travel". Where you going smart guy? Is the rest of the world open for business and it's just us not traveling?

"highly specialized skills"? the reality is no, it's not and requires very little education. Not to mention that automation is taking our jobs away too. Time to retrain or stop complaining.
Respectfully if you think pilots aren't specialized you are *. I will add that automation is not taking the jobs away, that is a pipe dream. Good luck with that. Anyone that flies an airplane knows how unreliable aircraft systems are.

Actually Im still employed and work for an airline that under normal circumstances was doing very well. What I am doing is calling out CBC and the unethical reporting and yearly bailouts they need to remain in business.

Actually Canada is lagging behind the rest of the world in travel by a long shot, we are actually the LOWEST in the world:
https://www.airlines.org/dataset/impact ... a-updates/#
PAGE 14, 15
Capture1111.JPG
Capture1111.JPG (85.58 KiB) Viewed 1673 times
Its almost unbelievable

So Im not sure if you are some other journalist or friend of this CBC reporter but you as well need some self reflection of the damage you are doing to the country. We are falling behind internationally and rhetoric and attacks on Canadian industries doesn't help.

The difference between the airline industry and CBC is one employs hundreds of thousands of Canadians, is a huge part of GDP, is an essential service, is security for the country, transports essential goods (like food, supplies, and PPE into the country), and only needs help once a decade or two during black swan events that are not in any way preventable. While the other sucks taxpayers money and attack Canadian businesses and people to garner the most clicks and views.

Facts.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

rookiepilot wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:03 pm
katien wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:19 pm I'm a journalist looking to speak with people in the private jet industry about how COVID has impacted business and how quarantine rules and testing are handled when you're flying back into Canada. Message if you'd like to chat.
I've got a question for you. Actually three.

1. How would anyone here be assured they would be quoted accurately in context?

2. Would you give full editorial control to the ones being quoted?

3. As a journalist, what is your position on news articles that -- as commonly occurs -- only selectively quote information gathered during an interview, and sometimes obscuring the context or meaning?
......And no responses to my polite questions on behalf of this community.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

They didn’t answer because they are leaches. Most journalists will do whatever it takes for clicks and are not interested in the truth that you want to write.

Headline needs to be something about how the elite get out of quarantine... and this journalist wants you to out your own clients. :lol: they already have the story they fabricated, now they just need someone to answer a few questions so they can quote 10 percent of what they say to make the story sound legitimate.

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

More like taxpayers having a plague brought here by the airlines, then having the airlines steal their airfare, and then having the airlines whine and complain that the tax payers aren’t bailing them out.

I wouldn’t sleep at night if I was you.

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

Zaibatsu wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:39 pm

More like taxpayers having a plague brought here by the airlines, then having the airlines steal their airfare, and then having the airlines whine and complain that the tax payers aren’t bailing them out.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

MrWings
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by MrWings »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:37 pm ......And no responses to my polite questions on behalf of this community.
No response to your ridiculous questions? Shocking.

Perhaps she didn't want to jump through your unnecessary hoops.

Perhaps someone already helped her out and she doesn't need your entertain your bitterness.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

MrWings wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:01 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:37 pm ......And no responses to my polite questions on behalf of this community.
No response to your ridiculous questions? Shocking.

Perhaps she didn't want to jump through your unnecessary hoops.

Perhaps someone already helped her out and she doesn't need your entertain your bitterness.
A reporter trolling for information to create hysterical headlines? Should earn the privilege by establishing credibility -- by answering my very reasonable questions.

A reporter has no right be here, and the Mods should kick any off that show up.

Dash.Trash
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Dash.Trash »

https://www.flightglobal.com/strategy/a ... 52.article

One of the key points of the agreement was that Air Canada refund non-refundable fares that customers had purchased but which they did not use due to either cancelled flights or the travel restrictions - a move the airline had previously opposed. The government set aside C$1.4 billion for this purpose, but Air Canada says so far many customers have chosen to keep their travel vouchers rather than cashing them in.

“The take-up on refunds has been slower than anticipated,” Amos Kazzaz, the company’s chief financial officer, says.

Customers: “You stole our money! How dare you! I demand a refund!”
AC: “Ok, we're able to provide them now.”
Customers: “Actually the voucher is fine, thanks.”

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Dash.Trash wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:22 am

Air Canada says so far many customers have chosen to keep their travel vouchers rather than cashing them in.
Let me help.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

One of the key points of the agreement was that Air Canada refund non-refundable fares that customers had purchased but which they did not use due to either cancelled flights or the travel restrictions - a move the airline had previously opposed. The government set aside C$1.4 billion for this purpose, but Air Canada says so far many customers have chosen to keep their travel vouchers rather than cashing them in.

“The take-up on refunds has been slower than anticipated,” Amos Kazzaz, the company’s chief financial officer, says.

Definitely more to that story lol. Guaranteed most pax aren't ok with Air Canada holding onto their cash interest free.

Likely AC has created a nice little obstacle course to get your refund. I wonder how long people are waiting on hold.

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:57 am

Definitely more to that story lol. Guaranteed most pax aren't ok with Air Canada holding onto their cash interest free.

Likely AC has created a nice little obstacle course to get your refund. I wonder how long people are waiting on hold.
Actually if you look online you can see people are praising AC for how quick and easy the process was. Even on that Gabor the Troll Facebook group. And they hate airlines.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/we ... val-492792

Reporters melting down because White House insists on seeing what reporters will actually print when they quote -- actually doing what I suggested would be good policy for anyone talking to a reporter.

“The only way the press has the power to push back against this is if we all band together,” said the first reporter. At least one White House reporting team has been talking internally about reaching out to other outlets to push the Biden team to stop the practice.

“Have any reporters talked about mutinying?” the second reporter asked us. “If you start fomenting an insurrection, keep me updated.”

Sounds classy. And posters here are giving it to me LOL.

Read this: This is what they do. And I don't respect it! Because news reporting has become only a place for editorials and politically based bashing.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/05/media/60 ... index.html

https://news.yahoo.com/watch-60-minutes ... 55754.html

Last edited by rookiepilot on Tue May 11, 2021 5:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.
complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:37 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:03 pm
katien wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:19 pm I'm a journalist looking to speak with people in the private jet industry about how COVID has impacted business and how quarantine rules and testing are handled when you're flying back into Canada. Message if you'd like to chat.
I've got a question for you. Actually three.

1. How would anyone here be assured they would be quoted accurately in context?

2. Would you give full editorial control to the ones being quoted?

3. As a journalist, what is your position on news articles that -- as commonly occurs -- only selectively quote information gathered during an interview, and sometimes obscuring the context or meaning?
......And no responses to my polite questions on behalf of this community.
Shocking.

Who WOULDN'T want to engage with the lunacy displayed on this thread alone?

I find it hilarious in a cynical way. People rushing to advise everyone not to speak to a reporter. So we can attack reporters and fake news and the CBC and god knows what else. (Incidentally, it's one thing to have a hate-on for the CBC. It's another completely to be venomous towards a single employee trying to do their job.) It honestly makes it look like most pilots have some degree of mental illness.

Problem with advising people not to talk: if no one with some actual industry experience is willing to speak to the media, then don't be surprised when some wingnut wannabe is more than eager to chat. And then of course everyone whines about how awful the reporting is, and the cycle repeats.

A reporter has "no right to be here"?! wtf? They clearly identified themself as such and why wouldn't a reporter visit an aviation site to research an aviation story?

All this outrage at media bias while displaying blatant biases of one's own.

As I said, hilarious.

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

GRK2 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:58 am
AirFrame wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:50 am
Go take a look at the COVID sub-forum here and read through some of the posts there if you want a much more eye-opening expose of what pilots think about the COVID restrictions.
Now wait just a GD minute here Airframe. Are you saying that that sub-forum represents ALL pilots? Because I'm quite sure it does not. The almost daily bluster and protest posted on that sight is so far over the top and so very anti government it borders on anarchy in some cases.

SO Katien, by all means, read it, but it certainly does not represent general consensus. What you will find (if you do your research as a journalist) is that asking for opinions and answers on an aviation internet site like this one will get you a very loud response from a few. Not a great cross section.
Along the same lines, avcanada in its entirety only represents a small percentage of pilots out there. It’s the world through a looking glass. Take it for what It’s worth.

Return to “General Comments”