MyIDTravel WS yellow face?

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

MyIDTravel WS yellow face?

Post by co-joe »

Anyone else notice that that every single WS flight in 2021 has a yellow frowny face on MyIDTravel? I thought it was supposed to be based on some estimate of unsold seats, but I've been on a couple empty flights that had yellow face suggesting they were almost full.
---------- ADS -----------

simply_no_one
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: MyIDTravel WS yellow face?

Post by simply_no_one »

The best way to use WJ passes, is to make friends with someone at WJ that can look up the loads for you. I have never had good luck with the face system.

jeollanamdo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by jeollanamdo »

WestJet only displays a maximum of 7 seats in Sabre on all flights. Due to this, WestJet will always show a yellow face in MyIDTravel. Red faces are for 5 or less seats for sale on any given flight. Yellow faces indicate more than 5 and up to 7. Green will indicate for 8 seats and above available for sale.

Do not trust the faces. the faces only indicate seats for sale and not seats available. If an airline oversells intentionally, or if there is an IROP, the flight could show green because 9 seats are still up for sale... but potentially the flight is oversold.

I recommend Staff Traveler if you are looking for loads. Available on IOS or Android.

Mrbobmarly111
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mrbobmarly111 »

I have a theory for the yellow face. I think i figured it out years ago. Westjet never shows anything other than a yellow or red faces. When you ask employees that works there how many seats are available they only can see a max of 40 open seats even if the flight is completely empty. So i think the face only goes green if its showing somthing above 40 seats. But I think the program that website uses must limit the maximum number to 40 just like them employees app the face never goes green and gets stuck at yellow.

landshark
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by landshark »

WJ faces have never been green.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

I swear I've seen green smiles but I must be confused. I was wondering if it was because they only show 7 per letter where other airlines show 9. I downloaded the staff traveler app but haven't tried it yet. Thanks for the feedback.

Return to “WestJet”