Are you vaccinated?

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.

Are you vaccinated?

Yes, first dose only.
45%
Yes, both doses .
22%
No, not yet.
3%
No, and I don't plan to.
30%

Total votes: 212

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Are you vaccinated?

Post by CpnCrunch »

No mention of MB whatsoever. Case closed.
---------- ADS -----------

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

CpnCrunch wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:46 am No mention of MB whatsoever. Case closed.
You really are acting like a buffoon.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba ... -1.4470468

The Winnipeg Regional Health Authority says they are adding more beds to hospitals to help deal with this year's flu season after a spike in the numbers. The season is rapidly becoming similar to the 2014-15 season, said Krista Williams, chief heath operations officer for the WRHA. "There was a spike of cases and it really put that pressure on our system to meet that demand and we're seeing the same kind of similar number of cases," said Williams.
CpnCrunch wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:34 am Please post some evidence. I had a look and didn't see any previous research or news stories about ICUs filling up during flu season:
Well now you have! SURPRISE!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/he ... cle562037/

OH @#$! theirs more! It's like every other year we are talking about canceling surgery and hallway medicine. But you can't find any evidence of it... Nope never happens! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

BigQ
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BigQ »

digits_ wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:22 am
BigQ wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:54 am
CpnCrunch wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:50 pm

No, their response is pretty reasonable given the ICUs are overflowing. It's the people refusing to get vaccinated because they don't understand science and then cause the ICUs to overflow that are the problem.
ICUs are NOT overflowing. That's a lie. They always operate at 90+% capacity.

My source: nurse friends and family in GTA, YUL, YOW, YWG, YQB, and doctor friends in YCC, YGK, and YPQ.
How does that work? Do they remove beds when there is no need, or do they lower the threshold for which health issue gets you in the ICU?

Also, if that's true and there is no overflow, why are Manitoba covid patients flown out of province for treatment?
An "ICU bed" is not a calculation solely based on numbers of actual beds. It's also based on how many healthcare personnel are available to work.

Since we are "in a state of emergency", extra funding is available for overtime and extra hires, thereby making more "beds available". In some cases, yes, the threshold for ICU care is adjusted higher or lower as needed. Right now, wanting to keep ICUs empty for "future waves", the threshold is higher.

And I have no idea why MB flies out its patients, but I would guess that they have few "designated covid treatment hospitals", to keep other hospitals for other conditions. MB's health care system is a very big clusterfrack.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

montado wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:27 am
Well now you have! SURPRISE!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/he ... cle562037/

OH @#$! theirs more! It's like every other year we are talking about canceling surgery and hallway medicine. But you can't find any evidence of it... Nope never happens! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
No, still no mention of ICU beds. It's talking about "flu patients were moved to surgical beds because there was no room in the medical unit" and possibly cancelling elective surgery. Right now elective surgery has been cancelled, and ICU is full. The story you mentioned was a bad situation, but this is much worse. Who is the buffoon? And why do you keep denying the obvious?

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

11584C31-6250-4F50-91D9-C702ED428A60.jpeg
11584C31-6250-4F50-91D9-C702ED428A60.jpeg (478.46 KiB) Viewed 3197 times

deadbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by deadbear »

All hospitals that use the MATH+ protocol are empty. All countries that have gotten onboard with I-MASK protocol have won the war on Covid.

In Canada governments are blocking the MATH+ protocol. The government is filling the ICU and keeping them full by blocking and preventing treatment.

In very simple terms covid will be OVER when doctors are allowed to follow this protocol. Not when a jab is placed in every arm.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/covid-1 ... -protocol/

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

deadbear wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:06 pm All hospitals that use the MATH+ protocol are empty. All countries that have gotten onboard with I-MASK protocol have won the war on Covid.

In Canada governments are blocking the MATH+ protocol. The government is filling the ICU and keeping them full by blocking and preventing treatment.

In very simple terms covid will be OVER when doctors are allowed to follow this protocol. Not when a jab is placed in every arm.

Ah, really? Looking at these protocols they seem to be a mishmash of pseudoscience and failed clinical trials. Have you actually looked at the clinical trials for vitamin D and ivermectin in COVID-19?

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

deadbear wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:06 pm All hospitals that use the MATH+ protocol are empty. All countries that have gotten onboard with I-MASK protocol have won the war on Covid.

More bullshit.

The editors of Frontiers in Pharmacology have taken down an article about the use of the antiparasitic drug ivermectin in COVID-19 patients. The paper, which was written by members of an organization called the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC), had been provisionally accepted and posted in abstract form by the journal in January, but was ultimately rejected this Monday (March 1). The editors determined that it contained unsubstantiated claims and violated the journal’s editorial policies.

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opin ... tion-68505

Trematode
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Trematode »

This site has become an absolute dumpster fire of idiocy. I think the mods have actually done a disservice to the pilot community in Canada by entertaining the loons.

This last decade has brought so much change to our information consumption habits. It's unfortunate that so many can't seem to handle having unlimited access to garbage on their smartphones. In the past, having to have some kind of technical know-how thankfully kept these idiots from too much exposure to to the fringe elements of the information sphere -- they don't have working bullshit detectors, but they were also too stupid to trawl a conspiracy BBS with a terminal program -- so it's a bit of a travesty that Apple and Google made it so easy for these mouth-breathers to silo themselves into whatever backwards reasoning it takes to become an actual bona fide crackpot.

The situation has become so bad that, in many individual cases, it seems to have completely obliterated their judgement. So much so that I am left wondering if they ever had any to begin with. Thank you, avcanada, for bringing me to this sad and sobering realization.

It's unfortunate that one of the most common traits that these idiots share is their unrepentant need to spread and revel in their horseshit. This only seems to embolden more ignorance and anti-reality sentiment from others just as eager to take screenshots on their iPad from whatever whackjob site they've been visiting, and post it to prove they know how to meme. They're middle-aged imbeciles that just discovered the internet "has stuff on it" and are behaving like teens on dial-up in 1996, only with even less sense or social accountability.

Even after we're done dealing with this Pandemic, I don't think I can ever go back to looking at my fellow professionals in the same way. I used to think pilots were reasonable people. Now I know they're just as likely to buy into bullshit as anybody else. Maybe even more so. Sad.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Yes, we agree.... but you haven’t made it clear who was the one typing bullshit... is it the pro maskers, the anti maskers, the pro lockdown, or anti lockdown, pro vax or anti vax people that are full of shit? I’m so confused :lol:

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

If someone is complaining about many people typing bs in a thread to which you've contributed, and you can't work out who they're talking about...

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
BigQ
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BigQ »

CpnCrunch wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:24 pm

Ah, really? Looking at these protocols they seem to be a mishmash of pseudoscience and failed clinical trials. Have you actually looked at the clinical trials for vitamin D and ivermectin in COVID-19?
If they have inconclusive results and/or not recommended status, howcome the government of India managed to curb their strong wave of cases with a mass distribution campaign of ivermectin to it's population?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladityar ... 9b0896d9f8

https://www.google.com/search?q=india+w ... CA4&uact=5

I WAS Pez
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by I WAS Pez »

BigQ wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:29 pm If they have inconclusive results and/or not recommended status, howcome the government of India managed to curb their strong wave of cases with a mass distribution campaign of ivermectin to it's population?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladityar ... 9b0896d9f8

https://www.google.com/search?q=india+w ... CA4&uact=5
Uhh, from your two links alone:

1. The Forbes story talks of the state of Goa's plan to distribute Ivermectin to its population, with the WHO cautioning strongly against this. The article was published May 11, 2021

2. The next link you posted, to the Google COVID tracker graphically depicting new cases and deaths in India in their second wave, shows a peak around April 22 - with a largely straight line decline to today.

So.......

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

montado wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:24 pm Yes, we agree.... but you haven’t made it clear who was the one typing bullshit... is it the pro maskers, the anti maskers, the pro lockdown, or anti lockdown, pro vax or anti vax people that are full of shit? I’m so confused :lol:
photofly wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:35 pm If someone is complaining about many people typing bs in a thread to which you've contributed, and you can't work out who they're talking about...
Trematode did enter the chat on page 5 using indirect and passive grammar. You have to identify the subject in at least one sentence if you are to use pronouns, determiners, etc. when ranting in the third person. otherwise, it's up for grabs.
Trematode wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:28 am disservice to the pilot community in Canada
Oh yes, having an opinion on injecting experimental goo into your body is really the defining point of downturn for the tight-knit and well-respected Canadian aviation community. Not the hundreds of dogshit employers, ratty-assed clapped-out aircraft, or the army of CPLs willing to front their next 5 years worth of living conditions to fly a Dash 8 for basement apartment wages.
Trematode wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:28 am Thank you, avcanada, for bringing me to this sad and sobering realization.
:roll:
Covid opinions---in the...COVID FORUM.

confuzed
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by confuzed »

It's always nice to see the shamers out there in all forms, and that it is running rampant on here.

You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.
TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by TheStig »

Trematode wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:28 am This site has become an absolute dumpster fire of idiocy. I think the mods have actually done a disservice to the pilot community in Canada by entertaining the loons.

This last decade has brought so much change to our information consumption habits. It's unfortunate that so many can't seem to handle having unlimited access to garbage on their smartphones. In the past, having to have some kind of technical know-how thankfully kept these idiots from too much exposure to to the fringe elements of the information sphere -- they don't have working bullshit detectors, but they were also too stupid to trawl a conspiracy BBS with a terminal program -- so it's a bit of a travesty that Apple and Google made it so easy for these mouth-breathers to silo themselves into whatever backwards reasoning it takes to become an actual bona fide crackpot.

The situation has become so bad that, in many individual cases, it seems to have completely obliterated their judgement. So much so that I am left wondering if they ever had any to begin with. Thank you, avcanada, for bringing me to this sad and sobering realization.

It's unfortunate that one of the most common traits that these idiots share is their unrepentant need to spread and revel in their horseshit. This only seems to embolden more ignorance and anti-reality sentiment from others just as eager to take screenshots on their iPad from whatever whackjob site they've been visiting, and post it to prove they know how to meme. They're middle-aged imbeciles that just discovered the internet "has stuff on it" and are behaving like teens on dial-up in 1996, only with even less sense or social accountability.

Even after we're done dealing with this Pandemic, I don't think I can ever go back to looking at my fellow professionals in the same way. I used to think pilots were reasonable people. Now I know they're just as likely to buy into bullshit as anybody else. Maybe even more so. Sad.
When you read the comments this is good summary, however, if you look at the poll the results are similar to the public as a whole. Vaccines come with risk, as does any medical procedure. Everything you do comes with an associated risk. People die from complications related to surgery all the time. People die horseback riding, swimming, walking on the sidewalk, everything has risk. As pilots we're risk managers, there is no way to eliminate all risks. COVID19 is endemic, it's not going away. You're going to need to develop immunity either through vaccination or having COVID19.

Last edited by TheStig on Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

ReserveTank wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:25 pm
Oh yes, having an opinion on injecting experimental goo into your body
Antivaxxer and terrorist supporter to boot (http://avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p1154654).

confuzed
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by confuzed »

CpnCrunch wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:29 am
Antivaxxer and terrorist supporter to boot (http://avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p1154654).
Yep...there it is, slow clap. Keep shaming...that's it, keep going....no really, keep going. At the end of the day it comes down to choice. YOU choose what is best for YOU, you have NO right to talk down to ANYONE who make OTHER choices than you. You alone choose to engage anyone who disagrees with you, it is totally on you to continue.

You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.
notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

confuzed wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:01 am
Yep...there it is, slow clap. Keep shaming...that's it, keep going....no really, keep going. At the end of the day it comes down to choice. YOU choose what is best for YOU, you have NO right to talk down to ANYONE who make OTHER choices than you. You alone choose to engage anyone who disagrees with you, it is totally on you to continue.
It's the classic argument between someone who thinks about themself first and a someone who thinks of others first.

Confuzed is the former.

confuzed
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by confuzed »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:58 am
confuzed wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:01 am

It's the classic argument between someone who thinks about themself first and a someone who thinks of others first.

Confuzed is the former.
Yep, keep making assumptions chum...the high and mighty on themselves keep blasting away. Keep going, keep telling us how awesome you shamers are.

Return to “Covid”