LEC Reps working OT

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

RightPlaceWrongTime
Rank 1
Rank 1

LEC Reps working OT

Post by RightPlaceWrongTime »

We currently have 600 pilots still on furlough. Some have already run out of EI benefits and the rest will run out in September/October. We were told by ACPA that AC (The so called NHL of airlines in Canada) could not afford to put us on CEWS, which has now been extended once again. Good thing they could afford bonuses for the managers. During that time we negotiated permanent concession in a cargo deal because we could not compare ourselves to any other cargo airline as we were not a door to door delivery service... turns out that was the plan all along...Revo. SOMEBODY IN THE NEGOTIATING COMMITEE REALLY DROPPED THE BALL ON THAT ONE.

Now it has been brought to my attention that we have elected union reps working more than 90 hours in the month of June while we have fellow pilots running out of benefits and struggling to keep a roof over their families heads and keep food on the table. It is a complete embarrassment to our industry and these individuals should feel ashamed of themselves. I would expect this kind of behviour from a management type. When will it be time these self serving @$$ hats be held accountable for their actions. Its time we start keeping track of these individuals so we know how to vote in the future. ACPA better realize they are creating a very toxic environment and they must remember 600 is not a small voting block.

If anybody knows which LEC reps are doing this please reply with which position they hold. ie. Base and Capt/Fo status.
---------- ADS -----------

ZBBYLW
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: LEC Reps working OT

Post by ZBBYLW »

Quebec Juliet at 93 hours. Not a bad pay check while some of the people who voted for you at earning nothing.

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

- YVR LEC Chair 94 hours
- YVR LEC Vice Chair 93 hours
All info is easily accessible through aeronet sked lookup feature, and VO/Draft assignments.

YVR Vice Chair accepted draft after already being displaced and credit protected.

YVR Chair is in line indoc. He chose to say yes to additional flying over DBM for training purposes, when he should have said no. Simple reply to scheduling "I am an elected union rep, and I can not fly overtime when we have 600 pilots furloughed it will have to wait until next month."

It's one thing for a line pilot to accept draft during furloughs, but for elected LEC/MEC members to do so is a disgrace to the office they hold. It sets a terrible example of what real leadership should be and both should resign from their positions. I am sure if you call them, both will be chalked full of excuses and claim it's their contractual right. They aren't wrong, but it sure sets a damn poor example. The MEC should be silently advocating for no overtime or at least trying to lead by example by not taking any themselves. The three NEM MEC members are the only people I have any respect for anymore.

There is zero justification for either of these MEC members to do what they have done. The fact this is not circulating among the various chat groups is disappointing. I hope come time for re-elections all 600 furloughed pilots will remember who chose to fly overtime when they were on the street working for Amazon.

Last edited by acpaleaks on Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

Is ANYONE surprised??? You shouldn't be. ACPA hasn't worked for the Membership for more than a decade.

The complete arrogant disregard of an "elected official" for those who are struggling to make ends meet on layoff is appalling.
You can't make this shit up, it's the very definition of audacity. You 600 would be wise not to forget what they are doing.

It's easily 10x worse than any "executive bonus" in the recent news.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

YVR LEC Chair and Vice both over 90 hours!

While the rest of us settle for the neverending low guarantee they pushed on us, and 600 are on the street.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Oh wow, look at every Canadian eating themselves through a pandemic. Everyone is beginning to hate each other. “Masks and social distancing are easy and have zero side effects, this is why we should just follow the science and stop the spread”.

Divide and conquer.

Just think of how many people you used to like, and how maybe you have some changed opinions about them. Instead of understanding, forgiveness, freedoms and liberties your government, media and leaderships have found ways to divide everyone. People are at the point of no fucks given and the government has you where they want you.

I don’t condone those working OT, but don’t we all see the elephant in the room? We need fucking work to do matey! We need to drop the idiotic travel bans an policy, and we needed to do that months ago. Are we really all going to squabble over 30 or 40 hours of OT here? @#$! we are so well trained and influenced like culty religious thinkers…. Leaders don’t even have to put in any more work, they can just sit back and watch their young eat each other like cannibals.

Ratherbe
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ratherbe »

Not sure if you have access to Reportlink but the YVR Chair is getting line indoct because he lost his qualification due to NOT flying. Not sure about the Vice but on the award history it looks like something might have been going on.

Personally, I have an issue with guys signing up for OT when we have colleagues on furlough but publicly shaming without getting the facts is not cool. Maybe pick up the phone and ask him why he took the pairing?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Ratherbe wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:52 am Not sure if you have access to Reportlink but the YVR Chair is getting line indoct because he lost his qualification due to NOT flying. Not sure about the Vice but on the award history it looks like something might have been going on.

Personally, I have an issue with guys signing up for OT when we have colleagues on furlough but publicly shaming without getting the facts is not cool. Maybe pick up the phone and ask him why he took the pairing?
Regarding the Chair.

A Pilot on a transition or an initial course and a Pilot returning from a LOA/GDIP who needs to re-qualify will be assignable in the Block Period he begins IOE flying to a maximum of 85 hours regardless of the DBM. The 85 hour limit is for training purposes only.

95 hours? The company didn't force him to go to 95 because he's training. If anyone should know the contract it's him, and it's maximum 85 hours. Not to mention that he's on full displacement collecting full pay anyway all through these covid MOA months.

The Vice-chair?
I see displacement and double dipping into OT.

That's the facts.

I have little problem with Tom, Dick and Harry doing OT but it seems that these guys should know better.

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

Ratherbe wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:52 am Not sure if you have access to Reportlink but the YVR Chair is getting line indoct because he lost his qualification due to NOT flying. Not sure about the Vice but on the award history it looks like something might have been going on.

The vice chair was cold called for draft, and accepted.

The chair has no valid excuse to fly above 85 hours while doing line indoc. He's been non-current for what, 6+ years? And now as soon as he is back in a plane the first thing he does is pad his month. Classy.

dhc2pilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dhc2pilot »

acpaleaks wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:15 pm

The chair has no valid excuse to fly above 85 hours while doing line indoc. He's been non-current for what, 6+ years? And now as soon as he is back in a plane the first thing he does is pad his month. Classy.
Why the new account Tony? Get into some legal trouble?

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

dhc2pilot wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:24 am

Nah, he was banned from AvCanada for being unbecoming... at least, that's what I assume.

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

Not Tony. Just another AC pilot sick of the terrible leadership coming out of the MEC and most recently the YVR LEC reps specifically.

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bcflyer »

Do you have any proof that what was stated didn’t happen?

Dry Guy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dry Guy »

'If I didn't take the trip the flight would have been canceled'.

Isn't that the point? If they start canceling flights due to lack of crew they will need to bring back our colleagues from furlough.

AOW
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by AOW »

Dry Guy wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:24 am 'If I didn't take the trip the flight would have been canceled'.

Isn't that the point? If they start canceling flights due to lack of crew they will need to bring back our colleagues from furlough.
100%!!!!!

How is it that random internet strangers grasp this concept, yet our elected officials don’t?!?!¿

RightPlaceWrongTime
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by RightPlaceWrongTime »

AOW wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:47 am
Dry Guy wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:24 am 'If I didn't take the trip the flight would have been canceled'.

100%!!!!!

How is it that random internet strangers grasp this concept, yet our elected officials don’t?!?!¿
Because didn't you hear??? "we aRe aLL iN ThiS ToGeTHer"

Unless you are a union rep making a full block and picking up OT to pad your pockets. I think these guys need to go review ACPA's core values which include "Integrity and Respect, and Professionalism and Career Development." So far their actions don't fall in line with the values they represent.

All we can do at this point is remember how we have been treated and never forget it. Vote accordingly in the future.

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

Unfortunately our YVR LEC reps don't understand this simple fact.

alkaseltzer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alkaseltzer »

acpaleaks wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:56 am

Unfortunately our YVR LEC reps don't understand this simple fact.
So these senior pilots wish to work for straight pay given the after tax implications?

Return to “Air Canada”