First flight on Flair

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: First flight on Flair

Post by Tbayer2021 »

acpaleaks wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:02 am
Tbayer2021 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:51 am
acpaleaks wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:41 am

And that makes it a good place to work? Ok well maybe it is a good place to work but that doesn't change the fact they're lowering the bar. That just tells me we don't have a lot of options in this country. Doesn't mean we should all be praising a ulcc for starting up and paying 30% less than other 737 operators. But you do you. Justification is the road to mediocrity.

I guess we should all be looking at AC pilots for guidance on how to properly lower the bar. What are you guys calling it these days, "capture flying"?
You're preaching to the choir bud. Dunno if you've noticed that 80%+ of my posts are criticizing ACPA.
Hadn't bothered to look through your post history, but ok. I just don't get what your point is, shitting on others for having a job you clearly consider beneath you. The reality is that AC wont hire every single pilot out there. Even some of the ones they do hire, makes you scratch your head. I mean, they hired that Keith kid that was selling mentorship lessons here a few years ago. So some will have to work jobs that pay less and/or have less benefits than yours. Should those other jobs ideally pay more? Sure, but I wouldn't be so quick to preach when AC's WAWCON has been on a steady downhill for the last 2 decades with no sign of stopping.

But I guess part of me understands. After all, you guys get looked down upon in the world stage when you show up to Athens without relief crew, and the Captain doesn't even get paid as much as the FO of American/Asian carriers.
---------- ADS -----------

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

Tbayer2021 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:20 am
Tbayer2021 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:51 am

I guess we should all be looking at AC pilots for guidance on how to properly lower the bar. What are you guys calling it these days, "capture flying"?
You're preaching to the choir bud. Dunno if you've noticed that 80%+ of my posts are criticizing ACPA.

But I guess part of me understands. After all, you guys get looked down upon in the world stage when you show up to Athens without relief crew, and the Captain doesn't even get paid as much as the FO of American/Asian carriers.
Or in Shanghai when the United crew hears were on a 22 hour layover with only 3 pilots.

Montroyal
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Montroyal »

acpaleaks wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:01 pm
Tbayer2021 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:20 am

Or in Shanghai when the United crew hears were on a 22 hour layover with only 3 pilots.
I'd say Hong Kong too but you won't be finding any American crews there. Something about crew safety and not wanting to end up in a Chinese quarantine facility. But Canadian pilots don't seem worried. We like to "capture" flying at all costs.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Got another two flights booked on them. This time on a longer flight.

Didn't take a bundle package. Are they going to nail me if I bring two carry-ons?

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

pelmet wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:57 pm Got another two flights booked on them. This time on a longer flight.

Didn't take a bundle package. Are they going to nail me if I bring two carry-ons?
The fees are outlined on the website. If you purchase online during booking, carry-ons are $39-59. If you do it at check in or boarding gate, it's $59-79.

Personal items are free.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

flying4dollars wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:32 pm
pelmet wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:57 pm Got another two flights booked on them. This time on a longer flight.

The fees are outlined on the website. If you purchase online during booking, carry-ons are $39-59. If you do it at check in or boarding gate, it's $59-79.

Personal items are free.
Thanks,

What would be considered personal items?

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

pelmet wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:29 pm

Personal items are free.
Thanks,

https://flyflair.com/travel-info/baggag ... e-and-fees

Best to look at their official information as to not get screwed by one of us.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:43 pm
pelmet wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:29 pm

Personal items are free.
Thanks,

https://flyflair.com/travel-info/baggag ... e-and-fees

Best to look at their official information as to not get screwed by one of us.
Thanks....personal items up to 7kg. That is free. Basic Bundle is $51, with no $39 option for this flight. Maybe on shorter flights.

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

pelmet wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:39 pm
Thanks....personal items up to 7kg. That is free. Basic Bundle is $51, with no $39 option for this flight. Maybe on shorter flights.
Yeah I think the price range is based on the length of the sector.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Did my two flights recently. These were return flights after using AC on the way out.

I am avoiding WJ for now after reading about their cancelling of flights that are not too full. I am not interested in a re-booked flight the next day or many hours later resulting in missed connections and therefore missed plans(turned out to be a good plan as my overnight flight last month with AC had a WJ/Swoop cancellation for their competing overnight flight……apparently the second night in a row they cancelled).

For this Flair day, I had one long flight connecting to one short flight with an hour in between flights. Was surprised that I had to buy two separate flights unlike AC where they have less than 1 hour connection times. This means more time making bookings.

The long flight was about half the AC price for the same day(but not super cheap as Flair seems to do the typical airline thing of raising prices as seats get sold). The short flight was super cheap compared to AC. As you might imagine, the long flight was fairly full while the short flight(which appears to be a new flight) was nearly empty.

Booking is easy. Bought one of the bundle packages(the payment for carry-on/check-in baggage depending on the type of bundle you purchase) after making my booking which was easy to do. A friend was also on the flight with a check-in bag. I think that you can't buy a bundle within 24 hours of departure as I tried that for my friend and could not get it done(pay more at check-in is the result). I didn’t buy a bundle for my connecting flight as I figured the probability of a Misconnect was high. It turned out I made the flight, and seeing as I already had a carry-on tag from my previous flight, my carry-on was accepted in the connecting flight. Oh well, I consider this a through flight anyways with one purchase for carry-on.

But this part of the experience was annoying……I accidentally pushed yes instead of no for COVID symptoms while checking in online. Then I could not change my answer. So I called the phone line to get help. 45 minute wait.

I tend to think of AC as the more reliable airline for flights but I was really glad that I took Flair for the long flight as the AC flight at the same time was cancelled and their next one was delayed, meaning I would have missed my connecting flight.

Was lucky to get a row to myself as a group of three didn't show up right opposite to my seat(and there was a noisy kid in front of my original seat anyways). The long flight departed late by about 20 minutes but arrived on time. 737 Max. Seats don't recline which is annoying. No food or water given on Flair, so bring your own. AC has started food sales again.

One nice thing about Flair is that their lower service level means no TV screens in the seatback. Therefore, the person behind you should not be repeatedly poking at your seat hundreds of times searching for their entertainment(the screen works when touched gently folks).

Cabin crew were friendly and there was one Happy Birthday song for an FA but at least no annoying joking around PA's.

The short flight was about an hour late due to late arrival. Nice plane again. Moved to my own seat as 80% were open and was not happy with Flair giving me a middle seat squeezed between people in the middle of the fourth wave. I thought about that when they made a PA before departure saying that if I had any concerns, to let them know. Once again, no food or water. No problem on a short flight but they really should make a PA about this at the gate prior to boarding a long flight, so people can get water before boarding.

The service is less but I would fly again, especially with AC back to their highway robbery prices on much of their network.

Of course, we all know that if Flair becomes successful like WJ did, it will end up charging ticket prices in the same coordinated manner with increasing prices as ticket purchase date gets closer to departure date, penalizing people who want to fly on short notice(imagine if Walmart did that with holiday shopping). At that point it will be time for a new upstart to come on with reasonable prices.

JakeLRS
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JakeLRS »

I wonder when they'll bring back inflight drinks and snacks. They're definitely missing some easy revenue.

FatPilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FatPilot »

pelmet wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:57 pm

For this Flair day, I had one long flight connecting to one short flight with an hour in between flights. Was surprised that I had to buy two separate flights unlike AC where they have less than 1 hour connection times. This means more time making bookings.

This way.. if the first leg goes but the second leg doesn't and you get stuck in Tim Buck Two ... too bad, its your mess to deal with.
Or, if your first flight leaves two hours late, and you miss connect with your second flight.. to bad.

If you had a connecting flight , they are obligated to put you in a hotel and feed you, or find you alternate transportation.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

FatPilot wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:31 pm
pelmet wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:57 pm

This way.. if the first leg goes but the second leg doesn't and you get stuck in Tim Buck Two ... too bad, its your mess to deal with.
Or, if your first flight leaves two hours late, and you miss connect with your second flight.. to bad.

If you had a connecting flight , they are obligated to put you in a hotel and feed you, or find you alternate transportation.
Or they did not design their system to sell multi-leg trips.

The Air Passenger Protection Regulations would still hold Flair responsible if a through passenger missed their second Flair flight because their first Flair flight came in late.

evilgravy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by evilgravy »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:12 pm

The Air Passenger Protection Regulations would still hold Flair responsible if a through passenger missed their second Flair flight because their first Flair flight came in late.
I don't think they would be. They are two separate bookings. The regs would still apply for both flights though (ie if the second flight was cancelled for a reason under the control of the airline, they would be entitled to a hotel stay and booked on the next flight)- but I think it would be tough to claim a missed flight of a connection that the airline had no part in booking.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

evilgravy wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:54 pm
notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:12 pm

I don't think they would be. They are two separate bookings. The regs would still apply for both flights though (ie if the second flight was cancelled for a reason under the control of the airline, they would be entitled to a hotel stay and booked on the next flight)- but I think it would be tough to claim a missed flight of a connection that the airline had no part in booking.
Why would it be tough to claim that the delayed arrival of a flight on one airline that was the direct result of a passenger missing a connecting flight on the same airline is the responsibility of the only airline in question?

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

What he’s saying is its only a connecting flight in that sense if they’re booked together. This is a technicality allowing ulcc’s to never have connecting flights and not be held liable for missed “connections”

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

C-GGGQ wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:33 am What he’s saying is its only a connecting flight in that sense if they’re booked together. This is a technicality allowing ulcc’s to never have connecting flights and not be held liable for missed “connections”
That's sketchy and its going to cause further regulations to be placed on the industry.

Splash
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Splash »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:46 am
C-GGGQ wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:33 am What he’s saying is its only a connecting flight in that sense if they’re booked together. This is a technicality allowing ulcc’s to never have connecting flights and not be held liable for missed “connections”
That's sketchy and its going to cause further regulations to be placed on the industry.
It's always been that way historically in the industry. An airline's liability ends when you arrive at the destination as noted on the ticket you purchased.

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

I wonder when they'll bring back inflight drinks and snacks. They're definitely missing some easy revenue.
???????
I'd be more worried about the fact it was only 20% full......

rooster
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rooster »

boeingboy wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:18 pm
???????
I'd be more worried about the fact it was only 20% full......
Likely one of their new routes. An employee friend of mine showed me the daily flight brief for all legs operated. Only about 5 out of 50 sectors had less than 100 pax, and they were fairly new routes. The rest were pretty full with many at max capacity. I don't think Flair is having trouble keeping afloat and it's about time everyone realized they aren't going anywhere. I've flown them a bunch now and I have not been on a flight this summer where there are many empty seats. Though, they have been experiencing a fair amount of delays related to their boarding procedures, so I hope they get that under control. My recent trip was delayed almost 2 hours for some kind of manifest issue and then the crew dutied out and a new one was called in lol. Otherwise the price was right and the fa's are usually quite lovely so whatever 8)

Return to “Flair Airlines”