First flight on Flair

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

palebird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: First flight on Flair

Post by palebird »

Flair who?
---------- ADS -----------

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

I count about 1/3 of flights today cancelled.

JakeLRS
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JakeLRS »

altiplano wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:16 am I count about 1/3 of flights today cancelled.
None of the flights have been cancelled last minute.

They consolidated some flights well in advance likely because of overcapacity, which is normal practice... especially during Covid (BELIEVE IT OR NOT). And for other reasons, as mentioned earlier, it was simply adjusting flight times well in advance.

Some examples...

YOW-YYZ - it was going to operate roughly 2x daily, but it was slashed to 1x daily. All passengers who had booked on the PM flight were given another option.

YYZ-YXE - it was going to operate 3-4x weekly, but slashed to 2x weekly.

Westjet and Swoop have been consolidating flights all summer, but like flair, they give several weeks notice.

JakeLRS
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JakeLRS »

altiplano wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:16 am I count about 1/3 of flights today cancelled.
None of the flights have been cancelled last minute.

They consolidated some flights well in advance likely because of overcapacity, which is normal practice... especially during Covid (BELIEVE IT OR NOT). And for other reasons, as mentioned earlier, it was simply adjusting flight times well in advance.

Some examples...

YOW-YYZ - it was going to operate roughly 2x daily, but it was slashed to 1x daily. All passengers who had booked on the PM flight were given another option.

YYZ-YXE - it was going to operate 3-4x weekly, but slashed to 2x weekly.

Westjet and Swoop have been consolidating flights all summer, but like flair, they give several weeks notice.

bobcaygeon
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bobcaygeon »

Flair is adding frequency to YYZ-YQT-YYZ. AC is packed 4 x a day on the CRJ900.

Some routes are busy others are dead and not always predictable right now.

evilgravy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by evilgravy »

boeingboy wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:45 pm
evilgravy wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:32 pm this is a result of flights being loaded in to the reservation system and then being pulled. No operating flights have been canceled for today (yet).
Yea - because they didn't sell enough seats to make it worthwhile to operate.
lol - no. these are generally planned/input and cancelled long before they are available for sale.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

evilgravy wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:24 pm
boeingboy wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:45 pm
evilgravy wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:32 pm this is a result of flights being loaded in to the reservation system and then being pulled. No operating flights have been canceled for today (yet).
Yea - because they didn't sell enough seats to make it worthwhile to operate.
lol - no. these are generally planned/input and cancelled long before they are available for sale.
If thats the case then you need the IT department to fix the website so it doesn’t look like an apocalypse.

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

Sounds like a lot of poor excuses and justification going on.

GRK2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GRK2 »

You guys are hilarious! The sad thing about this is your obvious wish to see a needed expansion fail. Flair has put, or is about to put several hundreds of your pilot (if you are indeed pilots) and cabin crew colleagues either back to work or allowed current employees to further a career, and all you clowns can do is vomit your immature disdain out on them. You are now officially part of what makes aviation in Canada look so ridiculous at times. No support for the workers from you types, you're shallow and petty you look like the spoiled little brats you so frequently chastise on this site. Well played.

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

Hey if you want to go fly a 737 Max around for half price be my guest.

More competition isn't always better especially when they lower the bar by like $100/hr.

$176 top rate. Laughable. But enjoy your fancy screens.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

acpaleaks wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:47 pm Hey if you want to go fly a 737 Max around for half price be my guest.

More competition isn't always better especially when they lower the bar by like $100/hr.

Why so angry? Not everyone is as "lucky" as you are to be hired by Air Canada.

But, with that said, these people are making a living while you are on the street.

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:42 pm
acpaleaks wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:47 pm Hey if you want to go fly a 737 Max around for half price be my guest.

But, with that said, these people are making a living while you are on the street.
I'll make it back ten fold. Don't worry about me, plus I'm making more now than I ever did flying.

Ps, it's also not luck. That's what people say who got PFOd to justify to themselves why they didn't get the job.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

acpaleaks wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:06 pm
notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:42 pm

I'll make it back ten fold. Don't worry about me, plus I'm making more now than I ever did flying.

Ps, it's also not luck. That's what people say who got PFOd to justify to themselves why they didn't get the job.
I think most of us who were laid off due to COVID have made more during COVID than ever before.

GRK2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GRK2 »

I guess you missed that part where over 1000 applied to work there when Flair last opened the job portal. Oh and by the way? Your witty response is getting smelly. It's always easier to criticise when you know jack about what really happens. You enjoy your ACPA reductions and the steady decline in your "WAWCON" and let the Flair bunch have waaaay more fun at what seems to be a pretty fun place to grow. Up is better than down...remember that. Oh yeah, screens...every has them now. Try again. :rolleyes:

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

GRK2 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:37 am You guys are hilarious! The sad thing about this is your obvious wish to see a needed expansion fail. Flair has put, or is about to put several hundreds of your pilot (if you are indeed pilots) and cabin crew colleagues either back to work or allowed current employees to further a career, and all you clowns can do is vomit your immature disdain out on them. You are now officially part of what makes aviation in Canada look so ridiculous at times. No support for the workers from you types, you're shallow and petty you look like the spoiled little brats you so frequently chastise on this site. Well played.
Well seeing as you didn't specify who you were throwing your insults at, I will suspect that there is a possibility that I am on your list(especially after accusing me of being a fool for not providing evidence for something when I clearly provided evidence - which makes you look like the fool).

First of all, I already stated earlier that I would fly on them again. All I did was ask about all the cancellations on their website and make a suggestion that they consider removing it as it might be beneficial for them selling more tickets. Why you seem to be so emotionally involved is weird to begin with for someone who posts as if not working there(so I suspect there is more to the story) but the bottom line is more like....you are being shallow and petty(or just losing it) :smt091 .

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

GRK2 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:27 pm

I guess you missed that part where over 1000 applied to work there when Flair last opened the job portal..
And that makes it a good place to work? Ok well maybe it is a good place to work but that doesn't change the fact they're lowering the bar. That just tells me we don't have a lot of options in this country. Doesn't mean we should all be praising a ulcc for starting up and paying 30% less than other 737 operators. But you do you. Justification is the road to mediocrity.

GRK2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GRK2 »

pelmet wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:17 pm
GRK2 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:37 am You guys are hilarious! The sad thing about this is your obvious wish to see a needed expansion fail. Flair has put, or is about to put several hundreds of your pilot (if you are indeed pilots) and cabin crew colleagues either back to work or allowed current employees to further a career, and all you clowns can do is vomit your immature disdain out on them. You are now officially part of what makes aviation in Canada look so ridiculous at times. No support for the workers from you types, you're shallow and petty you look like the spoiled little brats you so frequently chastise on this site. Well played.
Well seeing as you didn't specify who you were throwing your insults at, I will suspect that there is a possibility that I am on your list(especially after accusing me of being a fool for not providing evidence for something when I clearly provided evidence - which makes you look like the fool).

First of all, I already stated earlier that I would fly on them again. All I did was ask about all the cancellations on their website and make a suggestion that they consider removing it as it might be beneficial for them selling more tickets. Why you seem to be so emotionally involved is weird to begin with for someone who posts as if not working there(so I suspect there is more to the story) but the bottom line is more like....you are being shallow and petty(or just losing it) :smt091 .
Ok Pelmet, you can be special. Fly on whoever you feel gives you the best deal.

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

acpaleaks wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:41 am

I guess you missed that part where over 1000 applied to work there when Flair last opened the job portal..
And that makes it a good place to work? Ok well maybe it is a good place to work but that doesn't change the fact they're lowering the bar. That just tells me we don't have a lot of options in this country. Doesn't mean we should all be praising a ulcc for starting up and paying 30% less than other 737 operators. But you do you. Justification is the road to mediocrity.

I guess we should all be looking at AC pilots for guidance on how to properly lower the bar. What are you guys calling it these days, "capture flying"?

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

Tbayer2021 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:51 am

I guess we should all be looking at AC pilots for guidance on how to properly lower the bar. What are you guys calling it these days, "capture flying"?
You're preaching to the choir bud. Dunno if you've noticed that 80%+ of my posts are criticizing ACPA.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

acpaleaks wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:02 am
Tbayer2021 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:51 am

You're preaching to the choir bud. Dunno if you've noticed that 80%+ of my posts are criticizing ACPA.
The other 20% are calling me out for my bullshit.

Your last one hit hard and made me think twice about what I'm posting. Thank you for that. (serious)

Return to “Flair Airlines”