Vaccine Madate/Private Operators

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

StandingBy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Vaccine Madate/Private Operators

Post by StandingBy »

I’ve been trying to ascertain, out of curiosity, whether the new mandate will apply to private operators,i.e. whether professional crew of private aircraft will need to be fully vaccinated. I’ve noticed the use of the term ‘air carrier’ used in some media and that has me wondering. Of course if you had to get on an airliner to reposition to your aircraft I assume you’d need to be vaccinated, so perhaps it is irrelevant. I’m hoping to avoid the arguments of the Covid forum on this one; just curious if anyone is in the know. It would be pretty hard to police riveted operators anyway as long as the crew never travel commercially.
---------- ADS -----------

Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Vaccine Madate/Private Operators

Post by Invertago »

It would be pretty restrictive for corporate guys who can't travel internationally or ride the airlines home due to a non-vax status regardless of the rules for 604 ops and the owners personal views on the vax issue. I think most private aircraft owners desire the convenience of easy cross border travel in their aircraft.

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cessna 180 »

Invertago wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:38 pm It would be pretty restrictive for corporate guys who can't travel internationally or ride the airlines home due to a non-vax status regardless of the rules for 604 ops and the owners personal views on the vax issue. I think most private aircraft owners desire the convenience of easy cross border travel in their aircraft.
Having a vaccine doesn't affect crossing the border as for aircrew at all. deadhead or flying. 604, 700, or otherwise.

StandingBy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by StandingBy »

It’s not the cross border travel I’m referring to, it’s the upcoming Canadian vaccine mandates. I agree, most corporate pilots fly commercial at least occasionally so even if private operators happened to be declared exempt, the crew would need to be vaccinated anyway. I’m interested to see how the government plans to enforce the mandate. It would be easy for air passengers, but maybe less so for crew.

Return to “Corporate”