Flair Hiring B737 FO's

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

GRK2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Flair Hiring B737 FO's

Post by GRK2 »

I'll save you from the usual denizens who might berate you for not using the internet...use the internet! Seriously. Look up Advanced Compass.
---------- ADS -----------

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

the_new_guy wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:29 pm Hi, got a quick question concerning base bid:

If someone bids YUL #1 and the base is not opened yet, he/she gets YYZ or some other base. Once YUL opens, does he/she get the base then?

I know you would normally have to go through another bid but how's that work when it comes to a base not yet opened?

Thank you!
We have a standing bid, so when you enter your bid you can select all available basses. We would award an available permanent base until the new one opened then we would move pilots to the new base in order of seniority and position based on the standing bids.

snip_snap_
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by snip_snap_ »

Hi,
Sooo, I'm wondering. Just sent out some resumes yesterday and some competitors already setup interviews. What's the average time to get a response at Flair?

I'm still confused about how quick things are going these days...

Cheers

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

snip_snap_ wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:26 pm Hi,
Sooo, I'm wondering. Just sent out some resumes yesterday and some competitors already setup interviews. What's the average time to get a response at Flair?

Cheers
I think the recruitment team has been bombarded with applications compared to the 'competitors'. It takes time to sift through the applications. I'd just be patient but of course if you have interviews lined up, always take what's in front of you. Good luck.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

snip_snap_ wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:26 pm Hi,

Cheers
That would depend on how competitive your application is. Generally, the response time for a competitive application is approximately a week. IF you have sub 4000 hours it could take longer. We're interviewing well over 100 pilots a month for the foreseeable future.

aboveclouds
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by aboveclouds »

On the Flair website it now shows a lower total flight hour requirement of 1500 hours and a "Frozen ATPL". Is a Frozen ATPL considered someone with a CPL and Group 1 IFR with the SARON & SAMRA exams written and valid? When you go to apply for the FO position the drop down only has Canadian ATPL and I do see an option for JAR/EASA Frozen ATPL which I am not sure what that is.

Is Flair considering candidates with 1500 hours and CPL with the SARON and SAMRA exams written or do you have to have the ATPL? If you need the ATPL what are the chances of being considered with 1500 hours and the ATPL?

Flightgame
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Flightgame »

aboveclouds wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:03 pm On the Flair website it now shows a lower total flight hour requirement of 1500 hours and a "Frozen ATPL". Is a Frozen ATPL considered someone with a CPL and Group 1 IFR with the SARON & SAMRA exams written and valid? When you go to apply for the FO position the drop down only has Canadian ATPL and I do see an option for JAR/EASA Frozen ATPL which I am not sure what that is.

Is Flair considering candidates with 1500 hours and CPL with the SARON and SAMRA exams written or do you have to have the ATPL? If you need the ATPL what are the chances of being considered with 1500 hours and the ATPL?

I'm wondering the same

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

aboveclouds wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:03 pm On the Flair website it now shows a lower total flight hour requirement of 1500 hours and a "Frozen ATPL". Is a Frozen ATPL considered someone with a CPL and Group 1 IFR with the SARON & SAMRA exams written and valid? When you go to apply for the FO position the drop down only has Canadian ATPL and I do see an option for JAR/EASA Frozen ATPL which I am not sure what that is.

Thanks for the question. We'll have the recruiting team adjust that to clarify. In the meantime select ATPL in the drop-down menu and add a statement in your CV for the recruitment team.

Flair will now consider First Officer applications with 1500 TT, a Canadian CPL, and completed SAMRA/SARON exams.

An ATPL is not required although it is preferred.

Papa_Justin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Papa_Justin »

jeds395 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:45 pm I posted this question in an older thread. Should have used this one!

Are there plans to look at a YWG base and expand service out of YWG at any time in the future?
Hey, i live in the montreal region. Yow is not too far, but are the plans for YUL base confirmed? Would it be something possibility discussed in an interview?

Last edited by Papa_Justin on Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Papa_Justin wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:47 am
jeds395 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:45 pm I posted this question in an older thread. Should have used this one!

Are there plans to look at a YWG base and expand service out of YWG at any time in the future?
Hey, i live in the montreal region. Yow is not too far, but are the plans for YUL base confirmed? Would it be something possibility discussed in an interview?
Montreal base is tentatively planned for Spring 2023. The hiring team would be happy to discuss that with you

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Papa_Justin wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:47 am

Montreal base is tentatively planned for Spring 2023. The hiring team would be happy to discuss that with you

RoAF-Mig21
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RoAF-Mig21 »

What's this about? Have they broken the "foreign ownership" rules? (Sorry I don't know much about it. Is it max. 49% that a Canadian carrier can be owned by a foreign entity?)

https://globalnews.ca/news/8752356/flai ... ownership/

Gicash09
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Gicash09 »

Good evening guys,

I know there has already been a couple of interviews in March and april.

If i understood right there is the last batch of interviews going on in on the end of april until mid-may for the last ground school that should start in June ( Again that’s what i understood from reading the last couple of posts here and talking with people that already got an interview).

I was wondering how many more pilots are they looking forward to hire. I assume there is somebody on this thread that i think might work with Flair due to his responses on this page.

I am simply asking because i got an interview with them. I am around 1700-1800 TT(Multi Turbine). And why i am wondering how many more are they looking for to recruit is simply because i know guys that have less than 1000 TT that got an interview with them. ( Asking all this questions just to have a general idea if now Total time hours are in the average or below average compared to the guys that already got an offer before from Flair)

Are they in need of a lot of pilots or they just want to have a big pool of candidats so they could choose the best personalities etc….

Thorjones
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Thorjones »

What's starting wage at flair these days?

Any info about a new contract?

Boeingman
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Boeingman »

Thorjones wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:37 am What's starting wage at flair these days?

https://bfy.tw/T5dL

new cba will be out shortly

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

Thorjones wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:37 am What's starting wage at flair these days?

$67k for FO
$115k for Capt.

New pay rates will be revealed in the new CBA in the coming weeks.

Thorjones
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Thorjones »

Thanks.

GoHomeLeg
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GoHomeLeg »

The new pay scale better be good. Apparently Sunwing received a lot of résumé from Flair pilots.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

The new contract and payscale has been a few weeks away since Fall 2021. Wonder what the issues are?

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

DanWEC wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:40 pm The new contract and payscale has been a few weeks away since Fall 2021. Wonder what the issues are?
They continue to receive applications without having to review the pay scale, I would think.

Return to “Flair Airlines”