Flair Hiring B737 FO's

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Flair Hiring B737 FO's

Post by Arnie Pye »

tbaylx wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:45 am
kiaszceski wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:08 pm
tbaylx wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:44 pm
8) I'd say that might be a reasonable hypothesis
Should we expect YYC before YUL?
Likely yes.
Management has been quite vocal in it's opposition to a Calgary base. No commitment for a Calgary base any time in the near future as it is too expensive and the flying is covered by other bases. Don't hold your breath hoping for a YUL or YYC base.
---------- ADS -----------

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Arnie Pye wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:13 pm

Likely yes.
Management has been quite vocal in it's opposition to a Calgary base. No commitment for a Calgary base any time in the near future as it is too expensive and the flying is covered by other bases. Don't hold your breath hoping for a YUL or YYC base.
Incorrect, the YYC base will be announced shortly. Further details to come when it's officially released

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 2112 »

Any chance of a YWG base?

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

2112 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:50 am Any chance of a YWG base?
It's been discussed but no firm commitment or timeline

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 2112 »

tbaylx wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:19 am
2112 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:50 am Any chance of a YWG base?
It's been discussed but no firm commitment or timeline
Thanks! I look forward to hopefully seeing some lower COL bases being offered in the future, Cheers.

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

tbaylx wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:20 am

Likely yes.
Incorrect, the YYC base will be announced shortly. Further details to come when it's officially released
I also heard we will have a contract soon;
September's schedule will be released on time;
New travel plan to be implemented soon,...
777x order is imminent;

I'll believe it when I'm sitting in my 777x in Calgary. Till then, just rumours.
Now how about finishing that contract off?

TC.Enforcement
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TC.Enforcement »

Arnie Pye wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:02 pm
tbaylx wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:20 am

I also heard we will have a contract soon;
September's schedule will be released on time;
New travel plan to be implemented soon,...
777x order is imminent;

I'll believe it when I'm sitting in my 777x in Calgary. Till then, just rumours.
Now how about finishing that contract off?
If you’re so unhappy here at Flair, how come you are still here? And if you can’t go anywhere else, maybe you should be happy with what you have.

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

I'm quite happy in my base but that's probably because I'm not holding out for a Calgary or Montreal base.

I just don't want you or anyone else promising things to people that don't exist. If someone comes to Flair expecting a Calgary or Montreal base, they're going to be very disappointed. This MAY change tomorrow but until then, let's stick to discussing what we have as of today.

TC.Enforcement
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TC.Enforcement »

Arnie Pye wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:12 am I'm quite happy in my base but that's probably because I'm not holding out for a Calgary or Montreal base.

I just don't want you or anyone else promising things to people that don't exist. If someone comes to Flair expecting a Calgary or Montreal base, they're going to be very disappointed. This MAY change tomorrow but until then, let's stick to discussing what we have as of today.
Well soon is subjective. So yes, the contract will be getting sorted soon. When soon is, is up to you. But these things take time if you want them done right.

I haven’t experienced any opposition to a YYC base. In fact, it seems quite the opposite and that many are pulling for a YYC base.

What I’ve never heard of is anyone talking about 777x orders. Unless of course you’re talking about the April fools joke RE: ordering 787’s, in which case you should probably know that was just a joke.

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

What I'm trying to avoid is having people show up with unreasonable expectations. Nothing happens in this industry until you're sitting in a plane with a flight plan in hand. We have seen how quickly things can pivot - just ask the guys who were awarded a Montreal base only to have that yanked out from under them when those plans were cancelled.

At the last town hall I attended, management stated that Calgary was too expensive and there weren't enough head start flights to support it as a base. Will it be that way forever? No. Is it that way today? Yes.

I'm certain that lots of people want Calgary to happen. Lots of people want the contract to be finished too. There is a lot of work to be done on both fronts before anything becomes official. Lots can change between now and then also as we saw with Montreal.

Come here with reasonable expectations: current contract, current bases (YVR, YXX, YEG, YKF, YYZ and YOW) no updated travel policy, no layovers/multi-day pairings. Everything else is just a rumour.

Yes, the 777x/787 was a joke.

TC.Enforcement
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TC.Enforcement »

Arnie Pye wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:28 am What I'm trying to avoid is having people show up with unreasonable expectations. Nothing happens in this industry until you're sitting in a plane with a flight plan in hand. We have seen how quickly things can pivot - just ask the guys who were awarded a Montreal base only to have that yanked out from under them when those plans were cancelled.

At the last town hall I attended, management stated that Calgary was too expensive and there weren't enough head start flights to support it as a base. Will it be that way forever? No. Is it that way today? Yes.

I'm certain that lots of people want Calgary to happen. Lots of people want the contract to be finished too. There is a lot of work to be done on both fronts before anything becomes official. Lots can change between now and then also as we saw with Montreal.

Come here with reasonable expectations: current contract, current bases (YVR, YXX, YEG, YKF, YYZ and YOW) no updated travel policy, no layovers/multi-day pairings. Everything else is just a rumour.

Yes, the 777x/787 was a joke.
Were you at the town hall today? YYC was just announced! April 23 8)

Apestogetherstrong
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Apestogetherstrong »

Is the FO salary going to be 80k according to the new contract? Ive heard rumours

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

Likely yes.
This aged well :lol:

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

Apestogetherstrong wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:33 pm Is the FO salary going to be 80k according to the new contract? Ive heard rumours
Rumours are rumours until they are ink on paper.

Let's hope that's sooner rather than later.

abczz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by abczz »

Quick question to recruiters at Flair:

As TC suspended the covid vaccine requirement for travelers and regulated transportation employees in June 2022, it is never required to enter the US as a crew member on duty. Is the proof of vaccination still needed for employment at Flair? Is there a way to waive it?

Thx!

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

flying4dollars wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:09 pm

Likely yes.
This aged well :lol:
Touche!

I saw the email when I got back from work.

Like everything in aviation, if you don't like it, just wait 5 minutes. Pilots were asking for it for as long as I can remember and I know we have lost at least a couple of pilots to Lynx in part because of their YYC base.

Last in person town hall, Calgary was too expensive and there weren't enough head start flights to justify the expenses. This town hall - why aren't we in Calgary? Tomorrow Calgary could turn into another Montreal base fiasco. I doubt that we will see a repeat of Montreal, however, April 2023 is an eternity away.

Many senior people are going to be happy with this decision though. I suspect it will be quite a high seniority base as a great number of the pre-pandemic pilots either live in Calgary or commute from Kelowna etc. It will likely create some openings in Edmonton to be back filled.

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

I think it's pretty smart to have a YYC base. Swoop won't be going into mainlines hub. Sure anything can happen like Montreal but I always knew YYC would reopen. Head maintenance base, we have a lot of flights in and out of there, it just makes economic sense. Also I can see this being more attractive now for Encore and Lynx pilots.

I'm happy for the YYC folk.

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

flying4dollars wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:25 pm I think it's pretty smart to have a YYC base. Swoop won't be going into mainlines hub. Sure anything can happen like Montreal but I always knew YYC would reopen. Head maintenance base, we have a lot of flights in and out of there, it just makes economic sense. Also I can see this being more attractive now for Encore and Lynx pilots.

You didn't notice the change from YHM to YYZ for Swoop?

igorcanuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by igorcanuck »

goingmissed wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:51 pm
flying4dollars wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:25 pm I think it's pretty smart to have a YYC base. Swoop won't be going into mainlines hub. Sure anything can happen like Montreal but I always knew YYC would reopen. Head maintenance base, we have a lot of flights in and out of there, it just makes economic sense. Also I can see this being more attractive now for Encore and Lynx pilots.

You didn't notice the change from YHM to YYZ for Swoop?
Swoop going to YYZ isn't related to YHM. YHM has 4 tails based there and will add more as the new Maxes arrive. Swoop going to YYZ is to have the right product to compete with Flair, Lynx, and maybe Jetlines. YYC is a hornet's nest in the WJ group right now... but anything can happen in this industry.
The way the housing market and inflation are in Canada these days, money is not everything anymore. A Home base where you can buy a house and have a decent life with your family are the factors that most pilots are seeking, imho.

newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by newlygrounded »

Likely yes.
This didn’t age well

Return to “Flair Airlines”