CANPASS

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

mmm...bacon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: CANPASS

Post by mmm...bacon »

I’m pretty much done with CanPass also, despite only being in the international game for 4 months. Inbound clearance times have ranged from 5-30 minutes every time. We have to clear at one place, and then hop over to our base..which is right next to a seaport that has customs, yet they won’t allow us to fly directly to the base and clear there :evil: And now they’ve come at us with the news that anything other than M-F 8-4:30 will be a call-out fee unless we go to a 24/7 customs airport. The skipper and I were wondering how may more straws on the camel’s back before the Boss says fukkit, and ups sticks to the USA so as to not have to deal with Canadian Government bullshyte.
---------- ADS -----------

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: CANPASS

Post by digits_ »

mmm...bacon wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:02 pm I’m pretty much done with CanPass also, despite only being in the international game for 4 months. Inbound clearance times have ranged from 5-30 minutes every time. We have to clear at one place, and then hop over to our base..which is right next to a seaport that has customs, yet they won’t allow us to fly directly to the base and clear there :evil: And now they’ve come at us with the news that anything other than M-F 8-4:30 will be a call-out fee unless we go to a 24/7 customs airport. The skipper and I were wondering how may more straws on the camel’s back before the Boss says fukkit, and ups sticks to the USA so as to not have to deal with Canadian Government bullshyte.
You think you can just clear customs at any airport in the US? :roll:

It probably takes a while, but you can apply to get your own canpass clearing area. There are some requirements, such as providing a room with a bolted down table and chair, but it should be possible.
---------- ADS -----------

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship

Return to “Corporate”