15% of Flights Cancelled Through January 31

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

ALPApolicy
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Are We The Baddies?

Post by ALPApolicy »

imjustlurking wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:55 pm
ALPApolicy wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:39 pm I have been here almost twenty years and lately I have been wondering if we are the baddies.
You need a friend or a therapist to talk to. I don't think you'll find either here.
Uh huh.

When I need therapy I go BASE jumping or skydiving in my wingsuit. What do you do that's exciting?

Me (no strings attached) at Enderby, BC this past summer:
Screenshot_20220106-182452_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220106-182452_Gallery.jpg (287.77 KiB) Viewed 3917 times
And I got back Dec 2nd from 3 weeks of skydiving (70 jumps) in Arizona, so it's unlikely that my mental state requires

a) new friends, or
b) a therapist.

With that said, I dropped $1100 for three pairs of Japanese jeans last week so it's possible I need an intervention of some sort.
---------- ADS -----------

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

ALPApolicy wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:22 pm
ALPApolicy wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:39 pm I have been here almost twenty years and lately I have been wondering if we are the baddies.
You need a friend or a therapist to talk to. I don't think you'll find either here.
Uh huh.

When I need therapy I go BASE jumping or skydiving in my wingsuit. What do you do that's exciting?

And I got back Dec 2nd from 3 weeks of skydiving (70 jumps) in Arizona, so it's unlikely that my mental state requires

a) new friends, or
b) a therapist.

With that said, I dropped $1100 for three pairs of Japanese jeans last week so it's possible I need an intervention of some sort.
First off, that sounds really friggin' cool.

Second, that has nothing to do with the mental aspect of the mid-life crisis you are going through. I'm not saying this as an insult... I actually believe that you need someone to talk to who can be sympathetic to what you are feeling right now.

You are not the only one who has feelings, nor are you the only one who suppresses them and uses external stimuli to drown them out.

ALPApolicy
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ALPApolicy »

imjustlurking wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:50 pm

Uh huh.

a) new friends, or
b) a therapist.

Second, that has nothing to do with the mental aspect of the mid-life crisis you are going through. I'm not saying this as an insult... I actually believe that you need someone to talk to who can be sympathetic to what you are feeling right now.

You are not the only one who has feelings, nor are you the only one who suppresses them and uses external stimuli to drown them out.
It is cool. My plan is to head to Italy in the Spring/Summer, Covid permitting, to finally move on to the wingsuit BASE phase, which likely means 2300+ pilots move up one spot on the seniority list within a short time.

Thank you for the concern about my mental state. You're about 8 1/2 years too late, which is when I got sober. I still go to 12 step meetings here in Vernon. Not because I have to but because I want to. With my solid mental health and recovery program, I do what I can to help others struggling.

I'm really busy trying to learn Android app building at the moment. When I get bored of that I order really nice boots (Thursday/Truman/Helm) or selvedge denim jeans (Iron Heart/Momotaro/NakedAnd Famous). Or indulge my interest in learning German/Spanish/French. I'm a busy guy with lots of interests. Trolling on AvCanada is way down the list. As is following whatever is my latest intellectual curiosity (like the issue of ALPA's founding membership requirements).

I just bought a 2022 Buick Encore mid December and I move into a new home I just bought in two weeks.

I really don't have time for a mid life crisis. But if you really thought I was having one, you'd do the responsible thing and contact my pilot assistance team, WJ, Transport Canada or someone you know who is a pilot here. You wouldn't just make an accusation and wash your hands of the issue knowing I am entrusted with the lives of 160 everytime I take over an aircraft.

So, are you all hot air or are you going to do the right thing?

JS
70five eight90 eightninezero6

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

ALPApolicy wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:18 pm
imjustlurking wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:50 pm

Uh huh.

a) new friends, or
b) a therapist.

It is cool. My plan is to head to Italy in the Spring/Summer, Covid permitting, to finally move on to the wingsuit BASE phase, which likely means 2300+ pilots move up one spot on the seniority list within a short time.

Thank you for the concern about my mental state. You're about 8 1/2 years too late, which is when I got sober. I still go to 12 step meetings here in Vernon. Not because I have to but because I want to. With my solid mental health and recovery program, I do what I can to help others struggling.

I'm really busy trying to learn Android app building at the moment. When I get bored of that I order really nice boots (Thursday/Truman/Helm) or selvedge denim jeans (Iron Heart/Momotaro/NakedAnd Famous). Or indulge my interest in learning German/Spanish/French. I'm a busy guy with lots of interests. Trolling on AvCanada is way down the list. As is following whatever is my latest intellectual curiosity (like the issue of ALPA's founding membership requirements).

I just bought a 2022 Buick Encore mid December and I move into a new home I just bought in two weeks.

I really don't have time for a mid life crisis. But if you really thought I was having one, you'd do the responsible thing and contact my pilot assistance team, WJ, Transport Canada or someone you know who is a pilot here. You wouldn't just make an accusation and wash your hands of the issue knowing I am entrusted with the lives of 160 everytime I take over an aircraft.

So, are you all hot air or are you going to do the right thing?

JS
70five eight90 eightninezero6
Ah! You almost got me... I thought you had everything together and then you admitted to buying a Buick!

But seriously, I am happy to hear that you are happy in life.

ALPApolicy
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: 15% of Flights Cancelled Through January 31

Post by ALPApolicy »

I am happy. Like everyone, life has its ups and downs but nothing a good sleep can't cure.

Take care. I'm theoretically off to PVR for 24 hours.

Theoretically...

Launchpad1
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Launchpad1 »

Can you just re-write the last one again but change
I just bought a 2022 Buick Encore mid December
to old school Ducati 996. Up to that point I was super impressed ;)

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

ALPApolicy wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:08 am I am happy. Like everyone, life has its ups and downs but nothing a good sleep can't cure.

Take care. I'm theoretically off to PVR for 24 hours.

Theoretically...
Better than being stuck in the hotel in St John's for 33 hours.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

imjustlurking wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:09 am
Better than being stuck in the hotel in St John's for 33 hours.
Yup. NF = the China of Canada.

Hope that the rest of Canada can return the favour someday.

Return to “WestJet”