Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Retired drivers, look no further...

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Check the attachment.

Any other qualified CPL or ATP licensed pilot need not apply....RETIRED airline pilots ONLY.

You know, the pilots with the DB pensions, 1 boat, 2 houses and 3 ex spouses. etc.

80k is far better than I ever made flying a 'Ho - it'd be nice seeing some pilots that need this money be considered.
---------- ADS -----------

Attachments
Screenshot_20220107-180322_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220107-180322_Chrome.jpg (243.04 KiB) Viewed 5502 times
jpilot77
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Retired drivers, look no further...

Post by jpilot77 »

I don’t think there’s many retired airline pilots that want to fly a Navajo in retirement.

Welcome to Redneck Airlines. We might not get you there but we'll get you close!
link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by link821 »

This has horrible company culture written all over it…

twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by twa22 »

If it's retired airline pilots only, shouldn't the hour requirement be minimum 15000 hours instead of 1500? :lol:

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

Im sure that there's more than a few Jazz/Encore/Porter F/Os who'd consider 'retiring' for $80K :lol:

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

jpilot77 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:50 pm I don’t think there’s many retired airline pilots that want to fly a Navajo in retirement.
I know a number of 703 operations that have a retired airline person in the CP position. In the one I know well, that person looks after all the training flights, occasionally does a charter, and they really enjoy it.

Then there is the other extreme, one of the folks I know that started out the same time I did falls into that category. 3 wives later, some financial mismanagement along the way, and its survival money.

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

I’m not retired, or interested, just curious. Who is Cyruss air and what do they do? Google didn’t turn up anything besides the job add.

pitottubey
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pitottubey »

When I saw that post I thought it was ridiculous too :roll:

Pratt X 3
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pratt X 3 »

Google shows a Nancy Alston in Toronto (416 number) that works for My Storage whose CEO happens to be named Cyrus. A quick peek at his Instagram shows him flying a Diamond DA-62. Guessing this might be the job.

Have Pratts - Will Travel
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

Pratt X 3 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:27 pm Google shows a Nancy Alston in Toronto (416 number) that works for My Storage whose CEO happens to be named Cyrus. A quick peek at his Instagram shows him flying a Diamond DA-62. Guessing this might be the job.
You're telling me that they pay more to fly a piston twin than any Q400 first officer in Canada?

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

Pratt X 3 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:27 pm Google shows a Nancy Alston in Toronto (416 number) that works for My Storage whose CEO happens to be named Cyrus. A quick peek at his Instagram shows him flying a Diamond DA-62. Guessing this might be the job.
You should be working for CSIS 😂

scdriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by scdriver »

ant_321 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:44 pm
Some quality detective work there haha!

Pratt X 3
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pratt X 3 »

Who says I don't? Now, answer that phone in 3, 2, 1...

Pratt X 3
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pratt X 3 »

scdriver wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:37 pm
Technically, when I searched the info in the post, one of the results was a job listing page that just copied the info from PCC, but it did have the mystorage.ca email address for Nancy. That led me to their website and sure enough, Cyrus is the CEO and he has been a pilot for 25 years or so, according to his Instagram feed. Which features a new Diamond DA-62 as his new toy. Not many of those registered in Canada and there happens to be one, still registered to Diamond Canada, that has his initials in the registration (rich dudes love to monogram their airplanes!). Flightaware has it doing a bunch of short trips and training, in the area that the company is based, along with a few longer trips that happen to match up with some of the Instagram posts too.
My guess is Cyrus is looking for someone to look after his new plane as well as ride shotgun when he goes on trips. Figures a retired airline pilot won't want much more money than he is offering to do that. Maybe has sights on something bigger and a bit more complex than the Diamond eventually or even plans to make Cyruss Air into an actual commercial operation.

scdriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by scdriver »

Pratt X 3 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:11 pm
scdriver wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:37 pm

Technically, when I searched the info in the post, one of the results was a job listing page that just copied the info from PCC, but it did have the mystorage.ca email address for Nancy. That led me to their website and sure enough, Cyrus is the CEO and he has been a pilot for 25 years or so, according to his Instagram feed. Which features a new Diamond DA-62 as his new toy. Not many of those registered in Canada and there happens to be one, still registered to Diamond Canada, that has his initials in the registration (rich dudes love to monogram their airplanes!). Flightaware has it doing a bunch of short trips and training, in the area that the company is based, along with a few longer trips that happen to match up with some of the Instagram posts too.
My guess is Cyrus is looking for someone to look after his new plane as well as ride shotgun when he goes on trips. Figures a retired airline pilot won't want much more money than he is offering to do that. Maybe has sights on something bigger and a bit more complex than the Diamond eventually or even plans to make Cyruss Air into an actual commercial operation.
If that is the case, certainly a nice cushy retirement gig for somebody

Bradley Tucker
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Bradley Tucker »

If you want a deeper understanding, PM me I will not discuss it here. Just use Caution.

Pratt X 3
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pratt X 3 »

Guess there weren't any retired airline pilots available...
Remember kids, don't babysit for free. Pizza for the kids and all the popsicles you can eat is not payment for services rendered.

https://pilotcareercentre.com/Pilot-Job ... Cirrus-Air

Co-Pilot - Diamond DA62

Requirements
GET YOUR TWIN ENGINE HOURS FOR FREE!!
- DIAMOND DA62
- FLY WITH THE AIRCRAFT OWNER (PRIVATE)
- G100NXI SYSTEM

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Pratt X 3 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:44 am Guess there weren't any retired airline pilots available...
Remember kids, don't babysit for free. Pizza for the kids and all the popsicles you can eat is not payment for services rendered.

Co-Pilot - Diamond DA62

Requirements
- DIAMOND DA62
- G100NXI SYSTEM
Looks like they discovered avcanada viewtopic.php?t=156603&sid=345c2eaac95b ... 627deeb85e

Kind of curious how the safety pilot thing would work. Usually that's an insurance requirement, and logically speaking (I know, logic and insurance doesn't always mix) you'd think there would be a certain experience requirement from said insurance company.

The only pilots that would be interested in a 'GET YOUR TWIN ENGINE HOURS FOR FREE!!' kind of scenario, would be the pilots without said experience.

How would you even be building it. Safety pilot implies there is no multi crew SOPs, so it doesn't look like you would be able to log anything.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

Pratt X 3 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:44 am Guess there weren't any retired airline pilots available...

Co-Pilot - Diamond DA62

Requirements
- DIAMOND DA62
- G100NXI SYSTEM
Posted today so I’m sure he’s getting phone raped as we speak :roll:

J31
Rank (9)
Rank (9)