Toronto Hospital 70% Unvaccinated

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
Just another canuck
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Toronto Hospital 70% Unvaccinated

Post by Just another canuck »

---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by Just another canuck on Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Just another canuck wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:26 pm One 25 year old with children is worth an infinite amount of 80+ year old folks. Most old folks will agree.
No 80 year-old that I know - not a single one.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

Not even uncle Jimmy or grandma Myrtle? That's not what they said

Posthumane
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Posthumane »

Just another canuck wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:26 pm These numbers seem quite negligible to me. Those old folks were gonna die. Sorry. Old folks die. Scale down and let’s be conservative and say 1000 extra people died. Let’s be crazy and say 10,000 died. Are you insane? Are you on drugs? Are you delusional? Are we really arguing over the lockdown and economic disparity of a country the size of Canada over a few thousand deaths? Opioid deaths are up as much as 250% in some cities. Suicides… 25% of people aged 16-24 are seriously contemplating suicide. And the number of people following through has gone up is insane. One 25 year old with children is worth an infinite amount of 80+ year old folks. Most old folks will agree.
You may be arguing about lockdowns and economic disparity with someone, real or imagined, whereas I'm just pointing out the false equivalencies you're making. Saying Covid and Influenza have the same mortality rate is like saying a Turbine Otter and an Airbus A320 travel at the same speed. A 3-4x difference is hardly noticeable in the grand scheme of things, right? Although I do find it interesting that you consider 10000 deaths to be negligible and then get outraged over the number of overdose deaths (about 6000/a) or the number of suicide deaths (4000/a with no significant increase in 2020 compared to previous years). It's a bit inconsistent. Also an interesting tidbid that the rate of suicide per capita is higher in 80+ year olds than any age group under 40.
Sorry. I don’t believe it. Too many instances of authorities toe-tagging deaths with COVID. Died in a car accident? Positive for COVID? Death by COVID. This is factual. Many authorities have been caught. Our own in Ontario have been caught for manipulating hospital data. So why do you continue to believe them as gospel? Why do you continue to trust your government as your lord and saviour as if they give AF about you? They don’t.
What is it that you think the government is telling me, that I should either believe or not believe? I have the capability to crunch the numbers myself and have done so. If you take a group of 800000 people (the number of people who tested positive in the first year) and you call every single death in that group a covid death, whether its from a car accident or disease or anything else, you would end up with around 6000 deaths. Since the actual number of recorded deaths in that group of 800k was about 20000, there's an additional 14k deaths that had to come from somewhere, so if you're going to say they aren't caused by covid then you have to come up with an alternate explanation.

"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it." -George Bernard Shaw
Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

Just another canuck wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:26 pm
Those old folks were gonna die. Sorry. Old folks die.
[…]
One 25 year old with children is worth an infinite amount of 80+ year old folks. Most old folks will agree.
The anti-vaxxer agenda: @#$! you old folks. Everyone agrees with me. I’m gonna pursue my hobbies. Statistics are wrong and even though you just showed me how I’m wrong I don’t believe it.

It’s hard to imagine being more despicable but I think you could do it if you try.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Aviatard wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:30 pm
Just another canuck wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:26 pm
Those old folks were gonna die. Sorry. Old folks die.
[…]
One 25 year old with children is worth an infinite amount of 80+ year old folks. Most old folks will agree.
The anti-vaxxer agenda: @#$! you old folks. Everyone agrees with me. I’m gonna pursue my hobbies. Statistics are wrong and even though you just showed me how I’m wrong I don’t believe it.

It’s hard to imagine being more despicable but I think you could do it if you try.
I think it's more a case of him self-identifying with being 25 with children, and unable to imagine himself at 80. I doubt he knows many elderly people, either. That's something time will remedy.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Just another canuck
Rank 10
Rank 10

Last edited by Just another canuck on Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do.
Just another canuck
Rank 10
Rank 10

Last edited by Just another canuck on Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Just another canuck wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:06 pm I have plenty of elderly friends. Plenty.
Oh good. It's a funny way to talk about them, if they are your friends - but perhaps you and I understand that word differently. Either way, go and look them in the eye -- your grandparents in particular - and read them your posts here. Especially the bits about how the elderly are willing to and should sacrifice themselves for you. Report back here when you're done.

Just another canuck
Rank 10
Rank 10

Last edited by Just another canuck on Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

Just another canuck wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:06 pm I can picture it now… 1939 Germany. Aviatard is a good German soldier. His superiors tell him the science is sound. I’m his good German neighbour who does not agree and oh-no… I’m on a train with a bunch of good Jewish folks. Okay… a little dramatic, yes, but I find it alarming that you do not question anything you hear from your God… the Liberal government, CBC, CTV and Global News. The U.S. is worse. Good grief.
Says the guy with totally despicable view on the elderly.

And if nobody mentioned anything about vaccination and fertility it's because it's just.....Another conspiracy theory!
I picked that link for you:
https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n2211
Basically
Most people who report a change to their period after vaccination find that it returns to normal the following cycle and, importantly, there is no evidence that covid-19 vaccination adversely affects fertility. In clinical trials, unintended pregnancies occurred at similar rates in vaccinated and unvaccinated groups.2 In assisted reproduction clinics, fertility measures and pregnancy rates are similar in vaccinated and unvaccinated patients.3456
-----
Although reported changes to the menstrual cycle after vaccination are short lived, robust research into this possible adverse reaction remains critical to the overall success of the vaccination programme. Vaccine hesitancy among young women is largely driven by false claims that covid-19 vaccines could harm their chances of future pregnancy.13 Failing to thoroughly investigate reports of menstrual changes after vaccination is likely to fuel these fears. If a link between vaccination and menstrual changes is confirmed, this information will allow people to plan for potentially altered cycles. Clear and trusted information is particularly important for those who rely on being able to predict their menstrual cycles to either achieve or avoid pregnancy.
You should have a look into "Pregnancy complications while having Covid" instead.

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

Anti-vaxxers when you disagree with them:

You’re stupid and also a Nazi. I am going to make up a bunch of stuff and attribute it to you. Let me just use a false equivalency and some straw man arguments to show you how dumb you are. And what about my good friend’s single anecdotal observation that proves vaccines don’t work at all? You can’t refute that. Oh also and @#$! you old people. I’m worth an infinite amount of you.

Brilliant.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Just another canuck wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:35 pm My grandparents are fine. They think the lockdowns and mandates are ridiculous. Remember, they and other in their age group lived through real hardships.
They might well be fine, and I’m sure they did live through real hardships. That still doesn’t mean they’re aching to sacrifice their lives for you.

Show your elderly friends these comments and see what they say:
Actually I don’t think you believe that; I think it’s a set of big words to show everyone how bold and brave you are on this topic, but I don’t think you really thought it through. But it is what you wrote.

Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

Aviatard wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:30 pm The anti-vaxxer agenda: @#$! you old folks. Everyone agrees with me. I’m gonna pursue my hobbies. Statistics are wrong and even though you just showed me how I’m wrong I don’t believe it.

Speaking of despicable, that's an amazing attempt at demonizing a person by dishonestly mischaracterizing their point.

There are some facts you should be aware of, if you can handle them without being triggered. First, the average age of covid death mirrors the average life expectancy in at least Canada, the US and the UK. This might have to do with the fact that it has been proven that the biomarkers associated with ageing lead to worse outcomes when infected with covid. But fear not, people over the age of 70 in this country are greater than 95% vaccinated and the majority of those are boosted. So they are completely safe, right? The vaccines are highly effective, right? Your faith must be as strong as the vaccines' effectiveness, otherwise you wouldn't be here saying all these nasty things about others, right?

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Vaticinator wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:11 am fear not, people over the age of 70 in this country are greater than 95% vaccinated and the majority of those are boosted. So they are completely safe, right?
Off you go again with the “if it’s not everything, it must be nothing” line.

Don’t you see how silly that is?

Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

Sounds like you're losing faith.

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

Vaticinator wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:11 am
Aviatard wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:30 pm The anti-vaxxer agenda: @#$! you old folks. Everyone agrees with me. I’m gonna pursue my hobbies. Statistics are wrong and even though you just showed me how I’m wrong I don’t believe it.

Speaking of despicable, that's an amazing attempt at demonizing a person by dishonestly mischaracterizing their point.
Well lets take a look at this:

@#$! you old folks.
Just another canuck wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:26 pm These numbers seem quite negligible to me. Those old folks were gonna die. Sorry. Old folks die.
[...]
One 25 year old with children is worth an infinite amount of 80+ year old folks

Everyone agrees with me
Just another canuck wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:26 pm Most old folks will agree.

I’m gonna pursue my hobbies
Just another canuck wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:26 pm Live your life, kiss your kids, enjoy your hobbies and interests.

Statistics are wrong and even though you just showed me how I’m wrong I don’t believe it.
Just another canuck wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:26 pm Sorry. I don’t believe it. Too many instances of authorities toe-tagging deaths with COVID
So no, there was no incorrect characterization. Those are the words that mr. canuck wrote. Telling the truth is hard, hmm?

Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

Aviatard wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:59 am Those are the words that mr. canuck wrote.
Aviatard wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:59 am @#$! you old folks.
Those are the words YOU wrote, no one else.

So yeah, for you I guess:
Aviatard wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:59 amTelling the truth is hard, hmm?

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Aviatard wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:30 am Anti-vaxxers when you disagree with them:

You’re stupid and also a Nazi. I am going to make up a bunch of stuff and attribute it to you. Let me just use a false equivalency and some straw man arguments to show you how dumb you are. And what about my good friend’s single anecdotal observation that proves vaccines don’t work at all? You can’t refute that. Oh also and @#$! you old people. I’m worth an infinite amount of you.

Brilliant.
I thought this was a fair précis. A bit sharp, perhaps, but mostly accurate.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Tell me what you mean about the new oppressed underclass?

Return to “Covid”