Wonderlic Test Timing

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

avotoast
Rank 0
Rank 0

Wonderlic Test Timing

Post by avotoast »

Hi folks,

How quickly should we expect to get the Wonderlic test sent after we applied? I applied on 22/01/17 (3 days ago). I see some on this forum say they got it pretty quickly, and to contact NavCan if they don't. Just wanted to check it's not automatically forwarded right after the application, and I should be patient.

Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

FuzzyPeaches
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Wonderlic Test Timing

Post by FuzzyPeaches »

avotoast wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:50 am Hi folks,

How quickly should we expect to get the Wonderlic test sent after we applied? I applied on 22/01/17 (3 days ago). I see some on this forum say they got it pretty quickly, and to contact NavCan if they don't. Just wanted to check it's not automatically forwarded right after the application, and I should be patient.

Thanks!
I'm in a similar boat, only that I applied this past October - still haven't received the Wonderlic. I did however get in touch with Nav ATS Careers back in December and was told that they are not yet sending invitations for the online assessment. My guess is that these invitations will begin as they continue to restart recruitment so we'll just have to be patient for now.

avotoast
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by avotoast »

Glad to know it's not just me.
I'm ok with being patient, just wanted to check it wasn't a system issue. Best of luck with your app!
FuzzyPeaches wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:15 pm
avotoast wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:50 am Hi folks,

Thanks!
I'm in a similar boat, only that I applied this past October - still haven't received the Wonderlic. I did however get in touch with Nav ATS Careers back in December and was told that they are not yet sending invitations for the online assessment. My guess is that these invitations will begin as they continue to restart recruitment so we'll just have to be patient for now.

bun2b
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by bun2b »

Curious if this is still the case and we shouldn't expect online assessments to be sent for now? Guess they're getting through the backlog of past applicants first...

kaye.boe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kaye.boe »

bun2b wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:15 am Curious if this is still the case and we shouldn't expect online assessments to be sent for now? Guess they're getting through the backlog of past applicants first...
Applied on the Workday webpage on Feb 22. Received a reply on Mar 1 stating that the initial online assessments have not been sent out yet, but are "tentatively scheduled to resume in the upcoming months." I'm hoping late spring/early summer to facilitate a pool of candidates for the fall 2022 and spring 2023 courses?

FuzzyPeaches
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FuzzyPeaches »

bun2b wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:15 am Curious if this is still the case and we shouldn't expect online assessments to be sent for now? Guess they're getting through the backlog of past applicants first...
I haven't received any online assessment yet having applied Oct 2021, but still hopeful to hear something soon.

kaye.boe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kaye.boe »

Looks like candidates are getting invites to in-person assessments. So I'm hoping the online assessments will be sent out soon! :prayer:

FuzzyPeaches
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FuzzyPeaches »

kaye.boe wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:28 am Looks like candidates are getting invites to in-person assessments. So I'm hoping the online assessments will be sent out soon! :prayer:
Certainly appears they're moving through the list of applicants. I hope you're right!

tysto
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tysto »

anyone have any insight on the wonderlic test or the feast assessment? I understand they are 'easy' but the fact that if you fail you have to wait 3 years to reapply is a bit frightening lol... so I would love to be absolutely prepared for it

kanderson365
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by kanderson365 »

tysto wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:23 pm anyone have any insight on the wonderlic test or the feast assessment? I understand they are 'easy' but the fact that if you fail you have to wait 3 years to reapply is a bit frightening lol... so I would love to be absolutely prepared for it
I can assure you that the FEAST is not easy and there is no real way to prepare in my opinion. You can search the FEAST on Wikipedia and get some good insight on what kind of questions you can expect but in order to pass you either have it or you don’t. The Wonderlic test is something you can also search about online and it’s just one of those things just do the best you can and hope you made the cut off. No one even knows what the passing marks are and even if you pass you need to be among the top scorers to move on. All in all it’s super hard to move forward - I just found out I passed the FEAST at YQM and I have no clue if I’ll move on still because I don’t know how I compare to others who have passed. Anyways just so your best on the tests and hope for the best !

naribari
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by naribari »

tysto wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:23 pm anyone have any insight on the wonderlic test or the feast assessment? I understand they are 'easy' but the fact that if you fail you have to wait 3 years to reapply is a bit frightening lol... so I would love to be absolutely prepared for it
Wonderlic is essentially an IQ test or a G-Factor test. You can't really prepare for it but it really should be easy. I passed the Wonderlic test and my IQ is only around 120. If you fail the wonderlic test, you can rest assured you would've almost certainly failed the FEAST test too.

As for the FEAST test, it is actually truly challenging and I feel like I might've failed. I've never felt this way about any other job test before.

kaye.boe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kaye.boe »

Status changed from 'Review' to 'Assessment'. It's not much, but at least there's movement towards sending out the Online Assessments I guess. Anyone have this change recently?

FuzzyPeaches
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FuzzyPeaches »

kaye.boe wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:46 am Status changed from 'Review' to 'Assessment'. It's not much, but at least there's movement towards sending out the Online Assessments I guess. Anyone have this change recently?
I actually received and passed my online assessment this past weekend so they're definitely starting to send them out. With that said, I'm not too sure if this is FIR specific or if they're just working through the queue of applications to build their pool of applicants.

Hopefully you hear soon!

avotoast
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by avotoast »

Wanted to update that I received the Wonderlic Test at the end of April. Initial application end of January so ~3 months. Good luck everyone.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”