---------- ADS -----------

Let’s Go Brandon
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Pronouns on Flight Plans

Post by photofly »

ALPApolicy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:47 am
photofly wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:22 am Straw man. Nobody here said anything about challenging anyone's mental health. I was wondering why you wanted to be deliberately and unnecessarily discourteous to some of the passengers that are customers of your employer.
I am going to challenge you on your reading comprehension. Where, in what I wrote, does it say that I want to be deliberately and unnecessarily uncourteous? I clearly stated that I was NOT commenting on the advisability of changing the greeting.
You're correct. I had confused you with Altiplano, above.

Although you've rather shat on your defence by posting this:
ALPApolicy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:49 amAlthough frankly, it is the pimply-faced plump, unattractive girls from high school now with pink/purple hair and degrees in women and gender studies pushing the change the most
Why is someone's attractiveness (to you), weight ("plump" - how quaint), or skin condition relevant in any of this? Does it invalidate what they think? Do you need to tell yourself it invalidates what they say, so you can feel better?
ALPApolicy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:49 am
photofly wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:22 amNobody really cares what your opinion is about what trans people need to do, seeing as you aren't one of them. Which is rather the point.
Clearly YOU care about my opinion. And you care enough that you felt compelled to comment on my post. What other opinions of mine would you like to hear? I am full of them.
I actually don't care about your opinion, and I didn't read any further than the bit I quoted. I don't care what you think trans people need to do. What's significant is that you feel empowered to give advice to trans people. Again, that's the problem.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

ALPApolicy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:49 am
photofly wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:22 amNobody really cares what your opinion is about what trans people need to do, seeing as you aren't one of them. Which is rather the point.
Clearly YOU care about my opinion. And you care enough that you felt compelled to comment on my post. What other opinions of mine would you like to hear? I am full of them.

As, it seems, are you.

Also, trans "ladies and gentlemen" (at least the more activist among them) seem to want us all to change our world to suit they (them? zee? attack helicopters?). Would not a better path for a peaceful existence be to seek the change in themselves that they want others to be/have? (Although frankly, it is the pimply-faced plump, unattractive girls from high school now with pink/purple hair and degrees in women and gender studies pushing the change the most)
What have you got against they?

Let’s Go Brandon
ALPApolicy
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ALPApolicy »

photofly wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:00 amWhy is someone's attractiveness (to you), weight ("plump" - how quaint), or skin condition relevant in any of this? Does it invalidate what they think? Do you need to tell yourself it invalidates what they say, so you can feel better?
Look, if trans "ladies and gentlemen" and others on the rainbow spectrum are able to re-order categories and make up shit on the spot (the term two-spirited was invented in the 1970's) to describe things, then why can't I? I have noticed, through some years of observation, that the people who most often complain of social injustice seem to be those who were unpopular in high school. If you look at the chronic malcontents in various YouTube televised demonstrations, it is a cast of characters from the island of misfit toys. Chubby, pale, unhealthy. They are no different from the unhappy teens of any generation. This happens to be the flavour du jour for those looking for a way to say eff you to the system. The viral fad that is gender queer, gender questioning, etc etc, it all has the feeling of the emo, the goths, the punks, etc. They all tried to make themselves look as unattractive as possible so that they stood out and provoked the boring and staid adults. I get it. They just need their own music now.

Sorry, sort of, for the word 'plump'. I know everything is about the body positivity movement nowadays, but obesity is so unhealthy, so unattractive, and keeps you out of nice clothes. Why not ease off the chocoloate bars, soda, avocado toast and frappucinos and eat a little more sensibly? You'll keep that medical longer...as someone who has struggled with addiction, I completely get it. You just have to make a decision on what is important in life. To me, that's Japanese raw denim jeans.

ALPApolicy
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ALPApolicy »

photofly wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:00 amI actually don't care about your opinion, and I didn't read any further than the bit I quoted. I don't care what you think trans people need to do. What's significant is that you feel empowered to give advice to trans people. Again, that's the problem.
Um. This is an anonymous internet forum. The whole reason it is anonymous is so that people CAN feel empowered to give advice without Debbie Downer (you) ragging on them for giving their (zer, zir) opinion.

Do you think you are somewhere else than an internet forum?

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

ALPApolicy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:49 am
photofly wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:00 amI actually don't care about your opinion, and I didn't read any further than the bit I quoted. I don't care what you think trans people need to do. What's significant is that you feel empowered to give advice to trans people. Again, that's the problem.
Um. This is an anonymous internet forum. The whole reason it is anonymous is so that people CAN feel empowered to give advice without Debbie Downer (you) ragging on them for giving their (zer, zir) opinion.

Do you think you are somewhere else than an internet forum?
Boiling that down, you only feel able to offer this advice to trans people because your name isn't associated with what you write. I don't think that's a surprise to anyone. But perhaps "empowered" was the wrong word. What is significant is that you feel trans people have something to learn from you. The lengths you need to go to feel comfortable sharing your advice are beside the point.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Aviatard wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:27 am It's comforting to know that if there's a position to take on any topic, you will choose the a-hole option every single time.
Triggered over semantics and all you have is name calling.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”