Truckers convoy

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
geodoc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Truckers convoy

Post by geodoc »

Inverted2 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:16 pm There’s been a lot of shady dealings in Ukraine over the past 10 years. The Biden’s being one of them. I’m not saying I agree at all with Putin but there’s a lot of shit going on that we aren’t being told.

Watch “Ukraine on Fire”. It’s an Oliver Stone documentary from 2016. Gives a good history of Ukraine over the past 100 years.
Or not:

https://xsovietunion.blogspot.com/2016/ ... w=magazine

---------- ADS -----------

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

rookiepilot wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:41 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:01 pm
pelmet wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:50 pm

I’m not sure I understand. Are you suggesting that this war is something that was desired by the west with the long term goal being an invasion of Russia to gain control of its resources?
Are you saying that hasn’t been part of the playbook of the West in numerous cases?
No answer. What a surprise.

Hypocrisy everyone and everywhere.

People are such cowards on this site when confronted with ugly facts.

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

Rookie, you're sick and need your head examined if you actually believe that this invasion and war is somehow all a Western/US plot to eventually invade Russia.

Notice how NATO and its various member states have all categorically denounced the invasion, but refuse to do anything beyond send weapons to Ukraine, why do you think that is? It's because no one in their right mind wants to get bogged down in a European war, especially with the nation that has the largest army in Europe - let alone kicking the hornet's nest of a nuclear power with a megalomaniacal leader that may just be unhinged enough to "go hot" if things start going badly enough for him.

As for your previous Kremlin propaganda based comments about NATO forcibly expanding Eastward; since when did NATO force any country to join the alliance? Each member nation had to apply for membership and meet certain criteria before admittance - which Ukraine was attempting to do prior to the invasion but had not met the various criteria and required certain reforms. Sort of like the EU, etc. You might want in to the club, but the club has rules and regulations - it's a may issue rather than must issue membership system.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

I’m simply curious who is lying this time around.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollin ... 12230/amp/

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

rookiepilot wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:01 pm
pelmet wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:50 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:45 pm

So we were told. We were told many things by the media. Forgive me if I was a bit slow to believe the carefully washed reporting allowed to reach my ears.

The media would be a lot more credible today on such things if they didn't knowingly lie to us about WMD when the US invaded Iraq.

Knowingly. Don't even think of saying they were fooled too. I say prove it!

What are we being sold today? A pretext to invade and ultimately control Russia's resources? Oh yeah, it's never anything to do with oil.....

Are you that Naive to believe that the Russians are the only ones using disinformation?
I’m not sure I understand. Are you suggesting that this war is something that was desired by the west with the long term goal being an invasion of Russia to gain control of its resources?
Are you saying that hasn’t been part of the playbook of the West in numerous cases?
I’m still trying to confirm what you are suggesting.

Are you suggesting that this war is something that was desired by the west with the long term goal being an invasion of Russia to gain control of its resources?

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

rookiepilot wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:30 pm I’m simply curious who is lying this time around.
Seems blatantly obvious.

Could it, by chance, be the country talking about "Special Military Operations", demilitarization, denazification, claiming genocidal government policies against ethnic Russians/Russian speakers, giving special status to Russian nationals living in a foreign and sovereign nation, supplying weapons/support to a breakaway province, waging cyber attacks against critical infrastructure/institutions... I could go on and on, but I'd hazard a guess that you'd claim these are all somehow Western provocations against Russia - rather than Russian provocations against Ukraine.

Only one government is actively targeting and murdering civilians, shelling and bombing shelters full of women and children, targeting maternity hospitals... and it sure as hell isn't Ukraine.

If the Ukrainian government was (and I'm speaking in the most hypothetical sense possible) targeting the civilian population, do you think people would be enlisting in the military, territorial defence force, militias, etc., let alone women banding together to make molotov cocktails and people constructing barricades, farmers towing tanks, etc.? No, those same civilians would stand up and demand their rights and the overthrow of the regime - which is exactly what happened in 2013/2014 during the Maidan Revolution. This, on the other hand, is a hostile invasion by Russia seeking the overthrow of a democratically elected government that has done what the population wants it to; distance itself from Russia and become a Westward looking nation.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

7ECA wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:26 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:30 pm I’m simply curious who is lying this time around.
Seems blatantly obvious.

Could it, by chance, be the country talking about "Special Military Operations", demilitarization, denazification, claiming genocidal government policies against ethnic Russians/Russian speakers, giving special status to Russian nationals living in a foreign and sovereign nation, supplying weapons/support to a breakaway province, waging cyber attacks against critical infrastructure/institutions... I could go on and on, but I'd hazard a guess that you'd claim these are all somehow Western provocations against Russia - rather than Russian provocations against Ukraine.

Only one government is actively targeting and murdering civilians, shelling and bombing shelters full of women and children, targeting maternity hospitals... and it sure as hell isn't Ukraine.

If the Ukrainian government was (and I'm speaking in the most hypothetical sense possible) targeting the civilian population, do you think people would be enlisting in the military, territorial defence force, militias, etc., let alone women banding together to make molotov cocktails and people constructing barricades, farmers towing tanks, etc.?
I am not defending Russia at all! Its horrid. Tragic.

Why are you defending the western media as truthful, unbiased, factual, balanced, in anything?

Did they not lie about WMD in Iraq?

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

rookiepilot wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:31 pm I am not defending Russia at all! Its horrid. Tragic.

Why are you defending the western media as truthful, unbiased, factual, balanced, in anything?

Explain to me what your zealous hatred of the "western media" has to do with Russia invading Ukraine.

And then, while you're at it, show where I've "defended the western media".

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

rookiepilot wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:31 pm
Seems blatantly obvious.

If the Ukrainian government was (and I'm speaking in the most hypothetical sense possible) targeting the civilian population, do you think people would be enlisting in the military, territorial defence force, militias, etc., let alone women banding together to make molotov cocktails and people constructing barricades, farmers towing tanks, etc.?

I understand your disgust with the media. Fake and unprofessional are quite accurate and I do consider them the Enemy of the People in many ways who cannot be trusted. But, this is really a thread about the convoy. I saw some more people arrested in Calgary today. Perhaps that is a more appropriate for this thread. Or maybe go back to talking about airplanes. Would be curious to hear about how much flying you have been doing recently(on another thread of course).

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

pelmet wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:37 pm

Seems blatantly obvious.

I understand your disgust with the media. Fake and unprofessional are quite accurate and I do consider them the Enemy of the People in many ways who cannot be trusted. But, this is really a thread about the convoy. I saw some more people arrested in Calgary today. Perhaps that is a more appropriate for this thread. Or maybe go back to talking about airplanes. Would be curious to hear about how much flying you have been doing recently(on another thread of course).
Well not that much since we lost our daughter to cancer. Took a lot of wind out of my sails. Instead being stupid and bitter on this site way too much.

Finally got my medical renewed after a 1 year delay with covid backups at TC...so maybe more this year. Not sure.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:50 pm
pelmet wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:37 pm

Well not that much since we lost our daughter to cancer. Took a lot of wind out of my sails. Instead being stupid and bitter on this site way too much.

Finally got my medical renewed after a 1 year delay with covid backups at TC...so maybe more this year. Not sure.
That would be nice. Perhaps a fly-in breakfast or two. Maybe a mod on the aircraft. No doubt it is not quite worth it but it makes things interesting.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

European leaders slam Trudeau:

https://torontosun.com/news/world/dicta ... 1648131326

DICTATORSHIP OF THE WORST KIND': European MPs blast Trudeau for COVID 'rights violation'

During a plenary session of parliament Wednesday in Brussels, several MEPs called Trudeau out, accusing him of violating human rights over the handling of the Freedom Convoy protest in Ottawa last month.

In one speech that has gone viral online, MEP Mislav Kolakusic of Croatia criticized Canada’s leader, stating, “There are those among us who trample on those fundamental values,” a reference to some protesters’ controversial encounter with police horses near Parliament Hill.

“For many of us are fundamental human rights for which millions of citizens of Europe and the world have laid down their lives,” Kolakusic said in front of Trudeau, who had addressed parliament.

“To defend our rights and the rights of our children, which we have acquired over the centuries, many of us, including myself, are willing to risk, our freedom and our own lives.”

Kolakusic said Canada was once a symbol of the modern world but in recent months has become a “symbol of civil rights violation” under Trudeau’s “quasi-liberal boot.”

“We watched how you trample women with horses, how you block bank accounts of single parents so they can’t even pay their children’s education and medicine, that they can’t pay utilities, mortgages for their homes,” said Kolakusic. “To you, these may be liberal methods, for many citizens of the world, it is a dictatorship of the worst kind.”

Kolakusic said united citizens of the world “can stop a regime that wants to destroy the freedom of citizens, either by bombs or harmful pharmaceutical products.”

MEP Christine Anderson of Belgium said Trudeau shouldn’t be allowed to speak to the European Parliament over the handling of the Freedom Convoy, calling him a “disgrace for any democracy.”

“A prime minister who openly admires the Chinese basic dictatorship, who tramples on fundamental rights by persecuting and criminalizing his own citizens as terrorists just because they dared to stand up to his perverted concept of democracy should not be allowed to speak in this house at all,” said Anderson.

Another MEP, Cristian Terhes of Romania, refused to attend the meeting because of Trudeau. In a Facebook post, Terhes said Trudeau can’t come and “teach democracy lessons to Putin from the European Parliament when you trample with horse hooves your own citizens who are demanding their fundamental rights be respected.

“The difference between democracy and tyranny is not determined by the geographical location of political leaders, but by the values they promote,” said Terhes.

German MEP Bernhard Zimniok also blasted Trudeau, stating he valued democracy highly and welcoming Trudeau is “an invitation to someone who has been trampling on democratic rights.”

Zimniok said Trudeau has been “cracking down on people who protested against disproportionate corona measures, people who were supporting a non-sanctioned movement coming under criticism.”

“Clearly the values of democracy are being despised by this individual,” he said. “Let us not give someone like this any speaking time in this house of democracy.”

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

European leaders slam Trudeau:

DICTATORSHIP OF THE WORST KIND': European MPs blast Trudeau for COVID 'rights violation'

During a plenary session of parliament Wednesday in Brussels, several MEPs called Trudeau out, accusing him of violating human rights over the handling of the Freedom Convoy protest in Ottawa last month.

In one speech that has gone viral online, MEP Mislav Kolakusic of Croatia criticized Canada’s leader, stating, “There are those among us who trample on those fundamental values,” a reference to some protesters’ controversial encounter with police horses near Parliament Hill.

“For many of us are fundamental human rights for which millions of citizens of Europe and the world have laid down their lives,” Kolakusic said in front of Trudeau, who had addressed parliament.

“To defend our rights and the rights of our children, which we have acquired over the centuries, many of us, including myself, are willing to risk, our freedom and our own lives.”

Kolakusic said Canada was once a symbol of the modern world but in recent months has become a “symbol of civil rights violation” under Trudeau’s “quasi-liberal boot.”

“We watched how you trample women with horses, how you block bank accounts of single parents so they can’t even pay their children’s education and medicine, that they can’t pay utilities, mortgages for their homes,” said Kolakusic. “To you, these may be liberal methods, for many citizens of the world, it is a dictatorship of the worst kind.”

Kolakusic said united citizens of the world “can stop a regime that wants to destroy the freedom of citizens, either by bombs or harmful pharmaceutical products.”

MEP Christine Anderson of Belgium said Trudeau shouldn’t be allowed to speak to the European Parliament over the handling of the Freedom Convoy, calling him a “disgrace for any democracy.”

“A prime minister who openly admires the Chinese basic dictatorship, who tramples on fundamental rights by persecuting and criminalizing his own citizens as terrorists just because they dared to stand up to his perverted concept of democracy should not be allowed to speak in this house at all,” said Anderson.

Another MEP, Cristian Terhes of Romania, refused to attend the meeting because of Trudeau. In a Facebook post, Terhes said Trudeau can’t come and “teach democracy lessons to Putin from the European Parliament when you trample with horse hooves your own citizens who are demanding their fundamental rights be respected.

“The difference between democracy and tyranny is not determined by the geographical location of political leaders, but by the values they promote,” said Terhes.

German MEP Bernhard Zimniok also blasted Trudeau, stating he valued democracy highly and welcoming Trudeau is “an invitation to someone who has been trampling on democratic rights.”

Zimniok said Trudeau has been “cracking down on people who protested against disproportionate corona measures, people who were supporting a non-sanctioned movement coming under criticism.”

“Clearly the values of democracy are being despised by this individual,” he said. “Let us not give someone like this any speaking time in this house of democracy.”

Don't think he can freeze their bank accounts.......

kgb531
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kgb531 »

So 3 of 705 MPs had bad things to say?
Given the circus atmosphere of the EU Parliament, is this really news?
rookiepilot wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:31 pm European leaders slam Trudeau:

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

kgb531 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:25 pm So 3 of 705 MPs had bad things to say?
Given the circus atmosphere of the EU Parliament, is this really news?
They often fight amongst themselves, but they don't always call international guests names without a reason.

I'd say it's noteworthy.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

So you’re supporting far right German political
Parties and Croatian anti-vaxxers now?

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Aviatard wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:23 am

Funny, I didn't even look further into it and assumed that was the case. Thanks for confirming. Too bad the fake news doesn't mention these things from the outset.

They should be slamming Trudeau for incompetence on the European energy security front. Something a little more important these days.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

pelmet wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:13 am

Funny, I didn't even look further into it and assumed that was the case. Thanks for confirming. Too bad the fake news doesn't mention these things from the outset.

They should be slamming Trudeau for incompetence on the European energy security front. Something a little more important these days.
I reposted it. I didn't write it or look anything about it. Nor is it my obligation to do so.

Reposts or retweets aren't endorsements of the people quoted, their beliefs, or anything else, as everyone knows.

Learn the rules better.

Got a problem? Take it up with the Mods.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

rookiepilot wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:18 am I reposted it. I didn't write it or look anything about it. Nor is it my obligation to do so.

Reposts or retweets aren't endorsements of the people quoted, their beliefs, or anything else, as everyone knows.

Learn the rules better.

We are grateful to you for posting that excerpt. We are also grateful to whoever put some context behind the people quoted, in that excerpt. No need to snark.

I do note that your scepticism about why and how the lying media is lying to, spinning, or misleading us is equally applicable to media stories of all tenors.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

rookiepilot wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:18 am
pelmet wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:13 am

I reposted it. I didn't write it or look anything about it. Nor is it my obligation to do so.

Learn the rules better.

So the media lies except when they support your anti-Trudeau narrative. And you bear no responsibility for signal boosting the ultra right? Oook then. No hypocrisy here folks.

Return to “Covid”