Job Posting

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Job Posting

Post by RegionalPilot »

Good luck to all. The job posting is in the career section.
---------- ADS -----------

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Job Posting

Post by C-GGGQ »

And the flood gates open lol. Just got the email notification too.

Transition9er2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Transition9er2 »

Good luck everyone!

Feel free to DM if you have questions. Happy to help wherever I can.

T.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

thepoors
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thepoors »

Any word for those of us that had already gone through the hiring process pre-covid? (I had completed everything up to and including the medical) Are we back to starting from zero again?

link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by link821 »

thepoors wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:57 am Any word for those of us that had already gone through the hiring process pre-covid? (I had completed everything up to and including the medical) Are we back to starting from zero again?
Your guess is as good as mine, I was in the March 30th ground school and I don’t have any more info. Glad I had my resume updated..

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RegionalPilot »

link821 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:58 am
thepoors wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:57 am Any word for those of us that had already gone through the hiring process pre-covid? (I had completed everything up to and including the medical) Are we back to starting from zero again?
Your guess is as good as mine, I was in the March 30th ground school and I don’t have any more info. Glad I had my resume updated..
They just sent an email to the one who had a ground school scheduled. If you were in the pool, you start from zero.

Glta

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

RegionalPilot wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:24 am
They just sent an email to the one who had a ground school scheduled. If you were in the pool, you start from zero.

Glta
Ouch, talk about a kick in the nuts for everyone from the spring 2020 classes.

Gravity always wins
faculties11
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by faculties11 »

Last edited by faculties11 on Tue May 16, 2023 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by link821 »

Glta
Just saw the email!! Happy to know we won’t get lost in the sea of applications!

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RegionalPilot »

Kosiw wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:27 am

Glta
Ouch, talk about a kick in the nuts for everyone from the spring 2020 classes.
Not really. You do the process again and you get priority. Pretty simple and fair imo.

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

Will everyone from the canceled 2020 classes who reapply be "prioritized" the same...ie. some haven't flown in the past 2 yrs...

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

Please tell me about your struggles to electronically submit a new resume and maybe do another interview.

Jazz has an expensive but decent health plan so when they hire your whiny ass you can at least talk with a psychologist about all of your struggles with MS Word and how you should go right into a Captain spot because your mom thinks you're the best pilot out there.

porcsord
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by porcsord »

Arnie Pye wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:21 am Please tell me about your struggles to electronically submit a new resume and maybe do another interview.

Jazz has an expensive but decent health plan so when they hire your whiny ass you can at least talk with a psychologist about all of your struggles with MS Word and how you should go right into a Captain spot because your mom thinks you're the best pilot out there.

:heart:

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

If you still want a job offer, then Jazz has the right to know what you have been doing professionally for the last 23 months. Hence - updated resume and an interview.

Jazz will likely also validate your medical status with an in person medical since it has been well over 2 years since your last Jazz medical assessment. Most critical component? Drugs and alcohol.

It may well be that the competitive ranking of candidates has changed over the last 24 months. For example - the difference between an applicant that has flown zero hours vs candidate that was flying full time.

Jazz still needs pilots that are upgradeable in 12-24 months. That’s what you will need to be at the top of the interview list.

As for the pilots from cancelled GS from spring 2020 - that is a decision for Jazz to make. I expect there will be some form of accommodation in terms of opportunity, but it may not necessarily be ‘front of the line’. I guess you will be able to ask that question at your next Jazz interview.

Good luck to all.

Ash Ketchum
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Ash Ketchum »

That's great news! Good luck to all those applying. It's good for current Jazz pilots too because that means AC will be hiring soon too.

thepoors
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thepoors »

Arnie Pye wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:21 am Please tell me about your struggles to electronically submit a new resume and maybe do another interview.

Hey thanks for the tip boomer. :roll: I'd love to see your competency with Word...

It's not just electronically submitting a resume, and doing another interview. I'd be very happy to do that. But if they're resetting everyone to zero there's multiple interviews, sim eval, psych eval, and medical. All those require booking time off from my current job and it's a PITA having to repeat all of it again if that's the route they're going. Honestly don't see how it makes sense on their end either.

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Outlaw58 »

thepoors wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:36 pm ...Honestly don't see how it makes sense on their end either.
A good first step toward understanding would be to read what other posters have already stated, only 1 hour ago (ie rudder).

The applicants that Jazz was prepared to hire in 2020 have all evolved differently over the course of the last 23 months. Some have not flown 1 minute since then, some have flown a lot and have acquired new qualifications. Some are still very interested to work at Jazz and some have moved on to new pastures. Jazz needs to know that.

You also have to factor in the level of available experience that is available today compared to what was available back in 2020. That also plays a factor in who Jazz will find a is desirable candidate. Just because you once were, doesn't mean you still are....at the risk of repeating myself, a lot has happened over the last 23 months.

Sorry if this sounds harsh.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

faculties11 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:33 am What is take home pay for a first year FO?
Upgrade times to left seat?
How quickly will one be able to transition to a YYZ base?
Take home pay will depend on your benefits (family or single), if you subscribe to ESOP. Maybe an FO can comment for after tax.

Upgrade time is a ??? With so many FOs who just returned to work who may or may not have received their ATPL. Will have to wait until Bid 2022 in Fall or even Jan 2023 to get a picture on movement. Needs to be movement for upgrades. Most junior Captain is 2018 hire I believe.

Transition to YYZ will depend on what type you get in GS. If it’s Q400 likely a long while as it is a very small roster. If it’s EMB or RJ then probably right away or very quickly. Remember EMB only in YUL and YYZ.

Transition9er2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Transition9er2 »

This is a good news day everyone, hiring is back on the table for the first time in 23 months. I understand emotions are high, but getting down and frustrated won’t help you right now.

Stay professional and work with HR as best you can. Best advise I can give to anyone who was assigned GS dates before covid is to follow up with your HR contact and see what their plan is for you. Keep your note short and professional and they’ll get back to you with answers when they can. No point listening to people like Arnie Pie on a public forum, go straight to the source.

For everyone else, this is only the beginning of the tsunami. Keep your skills sharp, keep your file up to date and stay professional. It’ll seem like it’s going slow, but things are about to get real exciting real soon!

Feel free to DM if you have any questions. Happy to help out where/how I can.

T.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”