Job Posting!

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

scdriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Job Posting!

Post by scdriver »

https://careers.aircanada.com/search/jo ... =talemetry

Job posting up for AC, good luck to all that apply! Hopefully this will mean an increase in opportunities for all of us.
---------- ADS -----------

Dias
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Job Posting!

Post by Dias »

Great to see. This will cause a trickle down increase in hiring throughout the industry in Canada.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

**** wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:49 pm Great to see. This will cause a trickle down increase in hiring throughout the industry in Canada.
Yup, loving those sub-$60,000/year 787 wages trickling their way down throughout the industry.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

imjustlurking wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:24 pm
**** wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:49 pm Great to see. This will cause a trickle down increase in hiring throughout the industry in Canada.
Yup, loving those sub-$60,000/year 787 wages trickling their way down throughout the industry.
Is it better than harassing people on the phone to get vaccinated?

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:36 pm
That was a horrible two week project that I was on. I'm still at that job, but now I'm doing something I actually enjoy there.

Best part is, I can do it on my off time from my flying gig, so yes, better than being paid a $58,000 base salary to live with constant jet lag and tiny sinks that sprinkle like a little man.

Kingair200
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Kingair200 »

for those who applied, did you guys receive an email that acknowledge ur application?

it said after submitting but i havent received an email yet , anyone has similar situation?

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

imjustlurking wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:36 pm

That was a horrible two week project that I was on. I'm still at that job, but now I'm doing something I actually enjoy there.

Best part is, I can do it on my off time from my flying gig, so yes, better than being paid a $58,000 base salary to live with constant jet lag and tiny sinks that sprinkle like a little man.
Is there anything more sad than an encore pilot slagging AC?

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

Hangry wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:36 am
imjustlurking wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:36 pm

Is there anything more sad than an encore pilot slagging AC?
Yes, at least one; Air Canada flat pay.

Rooster69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rooster69 »

Always the negative Nellie. Who do you work for? What have you done to bring wages up?

chris.y
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chris.y »

Kingair200 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:19 am for those who applied, did you guys receive an email that acknowledge ur application?

it said after submitting but i havent received an email yet , anyone has similar situation?
Same, I applied and did not receive any email afterward

Flyingpanda
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Flyingpanda »

Kingair200 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:19 am for those who applied, did you guys receive an email that acknowledge ur application?

I applied and haven't received the confirmation email yet as well. Anyone else has similar situation?

UnderRDR
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by UnderRDR »

Never received anything. It did say we would receive a confirmation email. Now I'm paranoid my email is wrong but I'm absolutely sure it's right.

jpilot77
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jpilot77 »

Remember to check your junk folder.

Welcome to Redneck Airlines. We might not get you there but we'll get you close!
unmaskedemperor
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by unmaskedemperor »

Same here..

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Just got the reply at 22:20. Non express portal. Appllied the day it opened

Ash Ketchum
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Ash Ketchum »

unmaskedemperor wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:17 pm

Same here..
I applied using Chrome for the Express position. No confirmation email just like when I did it in 2019. I was only sent an interview request email back then.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

Rooster69 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:31 am

Always the negative Nellie. Who do you work for? What have you done to bring wages up?
Ah yes, whataboutism.

Why not admit that Air Canada is paying it's pilots a nearly unlivable wage for the first three years of their employment.

bob99
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bob99 »

imjustlurking wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:25 am

Ah yes, whataboutism.

Why not admit that Air Canada is paying it's pilots a nearly unlivable wage for the first three years of their employment.
My first year flat pay checks were more than my captain pay checks at encore. I know you have to shit on AC to make yourself feel better about working for Westjet. Yes, the first couple years pay is not good, but look past that for a sec. Once it's done you still have your whole career ahead of you and will make significantly more money at AC than you would elsewhere.

Transition9er2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Transition9er2 »

bob99 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:44 am
imjustlurking wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:25 am

Ah yes, whataboutism.

My first year flat pay checks were more than my captain pay checks at encore. I know you have to shit on AC to make yourself feel better about working for Westjet. Yes, the first couple years pay is not good, but look past that for a sec. Once it's done you still have your whole career ahead of you and will make significantly more money at AC than you would elsewhere.

Guys, Imjustlurking is a complete waste of skin. They are NOT a pilot and they DO NOT work for an airline. As far as I can tell they work in a call centre (an annoying telemarketer) and in their spare time they come on here “pretending” to be a pilot and loves to either troll and cause thread drift to appease their own boredom, or they give unfounded career advice to young people asking legitimate questions about potential career moves. The majority of this persons posts are completely shameful!

Getting back to the OP, these are exciting times after a very long 2 years of hardship! Good luck to all that applied, hopeful the positive news continues for everyone no matter where you are in your career!

Everyone except Imjustlurking haha

T.

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

We have to stop putting Air Canada on a pedestal.
I see no reason to apply based on potential earnings 10-20 years from now.

Return to “Air Canada”