The Forgotten Furloughs

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

ReturnoftheMike
Rank 1
Rank 1

The Forgotten Furloughs

Post by ReturnoftheMike »

I see the furloughs are upset over Mike Rousseau's comments in regards to layoffs.

It should be perfectly clear that I was on phone daily with Strom on the mitigation strategy. Without us, there would have been much more furloughs, like 3,000 would have been gone.

You should be thankful it was only 600 and Rousseau has a lot more to worry about than just pilots, like FAs who are paid more than pilots in some cases plus actually have a union that capture gains.

ACPA is much more concerned on making management happy so we need to stick up to the plate when necessary and save the operation. We need to do our part and donate our time & money if necessary

FAs can't do that, especially with all their grievances & cost of living raises (COLA) during high inflation. They are going to bankrupt the airline. They need to learn to give things away Iike pilots
---------- ADS -----------

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: The Forgotten Furloughs

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

The past two years have been tough for everyone. I had to sell one of my 3 rental properties with the reduced flying. Thank goodness for your phone call to limit the furloughs or I would have had to sell one of my boats as well.

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
dissent
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dissent »

Last edited by dissent on Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elonmusk
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by elonmusk »

And now a memo from Murray. What a joke this all is. Mike R is so disconnected from the front lines. Even Q1 earnings he said "basically everyone is back now" which was so far from true. Hundreds of pilots were still on furlough at that time, many without even a notice for recall or a recall date set yet. This man is embarrassing.

elonmusk
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by elonmusk »

dissent wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:35 am wah wah wah, get a fkn grip.
ps if you were at all relevant you'd be posting in slack not the avcanada circlejerk.
It's a satire account.

Alkasultzer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Alkasultzer »

Strom to the rescue with a memo after he himself was playing the pilots with his "No Recalls until 2023" act and "all recalls will be coming back to a RAISE"

I guess he missed the world events on historic inflation, Toronto being one of the most expensive cities in the world, and Flair now has better starting pay

These guys must love ACPA. Its like skating up the ice against the Ethiopian hockey team. Only problem is I bet their flag carrier pays like a flag carrier.

Air Canada's starting pay is worse that Joe's Dirtbag Flying Service. But you get a shiny uniform!

Lance rose
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lance rose »

This is where the YVR Base Chair is going ti shine. He has been tasked to leverage his relationship to get something in turn for this slip up. All the YVR guys are in good hands and let's see what will benefit the company and the pilots, shine points certainly come in handy especially for the furlough guys according to the YVR reps.

Here's hoping but manage your expectations

Winnikegger
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Winnikegger »

Blake was the first to the 82 hrs trough when the 600 furloughs were let go and the rest went to 55 hrs.

He was more than happy to support that sketchy Hong Kong operation so the base could "capture" some flying. Too bad some NHL pilots ended up in quarantine camp. I guess it didn't effect him too much from his cottage.

The best was he hadn't flown the line in years and then comes back to do voluntary OT with furloughs on the street :roll:

elonmusk
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by elonmusk »

Winnikegger wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:03 pm Blake was the first to the 82 hrs trough when the 600 furloughs were let go and the rest went to 55 hrs.

He was more than happy to support that sketchy Hong Kong operation so the base could "capture" some flying. Too bad some NHL pilots ended up in quarantine camp. I guess it didn't effect him too much from his cottage.

The best was he hadn't flown the line in years and then comes back to do voluntary OT with furloughs on the street :roll:
I heard a rumour there was a recall petition put forward for both BM and QJ in YVR. I hope they just let us all get on with our lives and resign before a vote takes place.

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

Alkasultzer wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:18 pm ..., and Flair now has better starting pay

Air Canada's starting pay is worse that Joe's Dirtbag Flying Service. But you get a shiny uniform!
It's not a "now" clause. Flair has had better starting pay for at least the last 5 years. Probably longer. The list of airlines with better starting pay than Air Canada is quite extensive.

elonmusk
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by elonmusk »

Arnie Pye wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:08 pm
Alkasultzer wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:18 pm ..., and Flair now has better starting pay

It's not a "now" clause. Flair has had better starting pay for at least the last 5 years. Probably longer. The list of airlines with better starting pay than Air Canada is quite extensive.
bUt YoU MaKE mOrE In tHe LoNG rUn aT aiR CAnaDa

crashpadcommute
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by crashpadcommute »

Arnie Pye wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:08 pm

Don't tell Blake this...he will look at it as an opportunity to "capture" more flying!

Soon we will be the Philippines of domestic & international travel!

chaster
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chaster »

Until ALLLL pilots stand together as one in this country we will all continue to Take it up thé A…! We are ALL our own worst enemy and until this changes the CEOs and the CFOs will pop a bottle of The good stuff and laugh at what a bunch Of ME ME people we are. A real shame ( As a group we have the ability to bring about change but most would rather stick the Knife in their peers and take bets on how long their competitors will last! We need ONE VOICE for all in the profession but I won’t hold my Breath!

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

elonmusk wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:05 pm
Winnikegger wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:03 pm Blake was the first to the 82 hrs trough when the 600 furloughs were let go and the rest went to 55 hrs.

I heard a rumour there was a recall petition put forward for both BM and QJ in YVR. I hope they just let us all get on with our lives and resign before a vote takes place.
I very much doubt BM would back down from a recall vote if one was put forward.

The vote itself would probably end up as a glaring indictment of his leadership. However I doubt it would be able to clear the high bar set for the recall to actually take place.

He knows this.

He will pull out all the stops to get enough votes to survive. Then just do what he wants. Which will be to stand in the way of change as long as he can.

He does not want anything to do with ALPA. He knows full well ALPA will not work with the company like ACPA has to date.

He thinks and acts like management. Management wants nothing to do with ALPA or an ACPA that means business

alkaseltzer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alkaseltzer »

Alkasultzer wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:18 pm Strom to the rescue with a memo after he himself was playing the pilots with his "No Recalls until 2023" act and "all recalls will be coming back to a RAISE"

I guess he missed the world events on historic inflation, Toronto being one of the most expensive cities in the world, and Flair now has better starting pay

These guys must love ACPA. Its like skating up the ice against the Ethiopian hockey team. Only problem is I bet their flag carrier pays like a flag carrier.

Why hello brother from another mother.

Time to drive a wedge between the union and the company.

Everyone should email Ariel (Queen of HR) and let her know how you feel. Maybe the Maple Leaf games with ACPA comes to a stop.

Return to “Air Canada”