Whatsapp group: Porter 2022 hiring updates

Discuss topics relating to Porter Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

unmaskedemperor
Rank 1
Rank 1

Whatsapp group: Porter 2022 hiring updates

Post by unmaskedemperor »

Hi guys, if interested, here's a whatsapp group link where we can share updates in real-time:

https://chat.whatsapp.com/HQPF0BFtpxm2csW7bGaQqT
---------- ADS -----------

cfm_mech
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Whatsapp group: Porter 2022 hiring updates

Post by cfm_mech »

Is this an official group ?

Grey_Wolf
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Grey_Wolf »

cfm_mech wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:24 am Is this an official group ?
No, it seems that a new user posted the same in multiple forums. I wouldn't open that link with a ten foot pole.

If you want official information, get talking to someone that actually works for Porter, and bonus if they're actually in management and/or the training department. Better yet, apply for their First Officer, and/or Captain position; and if granted an interview, ask those questions there!

"A good traveller has no fixed plan and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu
Timetoflyagain
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Timetoflyagain »

30 more starting in May, including first DEC’s. Hiring for all bases…YTZ, YHZ, YOW, YQT. E2 hiring will start once TC actually certifies the aircraft..or is at least really close. Sim at FlightSafety built and in software testing phase, 3 weeks to go (target)and will be ready for TC to certify..again waiting for aircraft cert.

cfm_mech
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by cfm_mech »

Grey_Wolf wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:25 pm
cfm_mech wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:24 am Is this an official group ?
Yeah. Looks like a spam

No, it seems that a new user posted the same in multiple forums. I wouldn't open that link with a ten foot pole.

If you want official information, get talking to someone that actually works for Porter, and bonus if they're actually in management and/or the training department. Better yet, apply for their First Officer, and/or Captain position; and if granted an interview, ask those questions there!

cfm_mech
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by cfm_mech »

Timetoflyagain wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:35 pm 30 more starting in May, including first DEC’s. Hiring for all bases…YTZ, YHZ, YOW, YQT. E2 hiring will start once TC actually certifies the aircraft..or is at least really close. Sim at FlightSafety built and in software testing phase, 3 weeks to go (target)and will be ready for TC to certify..again waiting for aircraft cert.
Good information.

Last edited by cfm_mech on Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
SterlingCooper
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SterlingCooper »

Will porter hire OTS FOs like WestJet does? Or will “flow” be 100% from Dash pilots?

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

What I was told directly in my interview was that Fo’s will just be hired as FO’s and your seniority number will be what determines your initial bid just like q vs rj at Jazz.

Timetoflyagain
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Timetoflyagain »

…there will be OTS everything…DEC’s to the Q and E2. Many current FO’s will wait on the Q to upgrade, staying on the Q so they can get the PIC to go direct Capt on the E2. With 29 tails going to 109+, no matter what seat you start in within the next 12/18 months…you’ll be just fine…just hit the experience benchmarks and the position will be there waiting.

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

Timetoflyagain wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:08 pm …there will be OTS everything…DEC’s to the Q and E2. Many current FO’s will wait on the Q to upgrade, staying on the Q so they can get the PIC to go direct Capt on the E2. With 29 tails going to 109+, no matter what seat you start in within the next 12/18 months…you’ll be just fine…just hit the experience benchmarks and the position will be there waiting.
Where do you get 109? They only ordered 19 E2s.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

They ordered 30 with 50 extra options for a total of 80 e2’s

qwe221sd
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by qwe221sd »

C-GGGQ wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:42 pm They ordered 30 with 50 extra options for a total of 80 e2’s
I don't think all of 80 e2s will come. Do you have internal info?

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Its a firm 30 in two years. The 50 are options but I have it from internal sources there (training captains) saying they will absolutely be taking those options, and will be adding more q’s as well

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

C-GGGQ wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:49 pm Its a firm 30 in two years. The 50 are options but I have it from internal sources there (training captains) saying they will absolutely be taking those options, and will be adding more q’s as well
I love the optimism. I wish I had as much as you and your sources.

There is currently no option to purchase a new Q400 that I am aware of, outside of some white tails (that aren't white). The fleet plans for the jets are assuming that their business model will work outside of the island, but Porter is going from a market where they are fairly shielded from competition to join the big pool.

Porter has the ability and the drive. I hope that they can translate that into success.

PRM1
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PRM1 »

C-GGGQ wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:49 pm Its a firm 30 in two years. The 50 are options but I have it from internal sources there (training captains) saying they will absolutely be taking those options, and will be adding more q’s as well
Lol, training captains don’t know more than any other line pilot let alone any employee at the company about Porter’s future. One thing Porter is very very good at is keeping info private. These training captains are speculating just like everybody else is.

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

I think it's fair to say that Porter will take on as many of those options as they see a business for, they could even go into the leasing market. Does anyone know if Porter has a history of leasing out any of their Qs? If deliver dates for the 220 start to get prolonged, I'm sure leases will become very attractive to many operators. They could also turn around and sell many of those delivery slots, lots of possibilities. I personally hope they take all of them and operate them out of Canada. More pilot jobs for all of us!

Timetoflyagain
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Timetoflyagain »

..as usual, never trust in anything in aviation until it’s actually happened…that being said, 30 firm and 50 options…,yah, another few weeks, another press release and that’ll be old news. Still lots of used Q’s available as well. No..no history of leasing out current tails. This is all for pure growth. Big hangars have been secured. We’re all in good positions no matter what colour you want to eventually fly for..just a matter of how fast you can climb the list wherever you are and what your endgame is. Bigger cash where the sand flies and it’s 35C by 9am, or where you could get arrested at any moment, or where you wrap your kids in Kevlar to go to school and even the best health insurance won’t save you from bankruptcy if you or family get really sick. Your choice.

Kennedy007
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Kennedy007 »

It looks suspicious, but I'm willing to try it. If it works, I'll write you hereб guys:)
First of all, WhatsApp isn't SMS. Anyone who says it is doesn't know what they're talking about. It's an instant messenger—that uses your phone number as a username. So it looks like a more robust SMS replacer, but it's just another IM program, one that's just easier to use. gb whatsapp is the same. Personally for me it's more convenient and better. Better then telegram and facebook either.

Timetoflyagain
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Timetoflyagain »

…update….90 pilots hired so far this year including DEC’s. 90 more planned by end of year..all for the Q400. E195E2 interviewing has started, hiring date to be confirmed once aircraft certification date firmed up. Hiring for all bases, all positions. Possibly expecting lots of WJE DEC’s who don’t want to move or commute west, or get downgraded with all the soon to be parked Q’s.

Cessna777
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Cessna777 »

Has anyone made it to July or august groundschool classes so far ?

Last edited by Cessna777 on Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Porter Airlines”