DEC Posting

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: DEC Posting

Post by rudder »

1 x Q400
4 x CRJ

All YYZ.
---------- ADS -----------

superbilly24
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by superbilly24 »

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out with DEC. There are several FOs from previous groundschools that have Q400 and RJ Captain on their standing bid and they haven't been processed yet, while these new DEC are getting paid Captain salary from day 1.

yhz41
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by yhz41 »

superbilly24 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:18 pm Will be interesting to see how this all plays out with DEC. There are several FOs from previous groundschools that have Q400 and RJ Captain on their standing bid and they haven't been processed yet, while these new DEC are getting paid Captain salary from day 1.
Shouldn't this result in bypass pay for literally everyone else who has an effective date for CA after today?

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

Why are they awarding DEC if they have FO with a Captain standing bid?

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

kiaszceski wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:47 pm Why are they awarding DEC if they have FO with a Captain standing bid?
Cause said FOs don't qualify. That'd be the only reason not to upgrade internally. Or the upgradeable FOs chose a course date that is a couple months out and they need folks now.

CPT.HarshColdReality
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CPT.HarshColdReality »

I have never been aware that you can chose your training month. It's the company that assigns.

the-minister31
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by the-minister31 »

CPT.HarshColdReality wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:04 pm I have never been aware that you can chose your training month. It's the company that assigns.
You can always ask for a later date than awarded.

hsilgnepilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by hsilgnepilot »

:shock:
flyinhigh wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:29 pm
kiaszceski wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:47 pm Why are they awarding DEC if they have FO with a Captain standing bid?
Cause said FOs don't qualify. That'd be the only reason not to upgrade internally. Or the upgradeable FOs chose a course date that is a couple months out and they need folks now.
Trust me pal, we qualify. 16/20 of us in the June 6 class have ATPLs, and because we were hired during an ongoing bid, we didn’t get to participate in it. Coming into the company with Q400 experience and 3000 hours, I was definitely eyeing this. Our standing bids haven’t even been processed (I have Q capt in YYZ and YUL at the top, both showing vacancies), meanwhile they’re awarding these positions to new hires with pay effective from Day 1. Would be nice to at least have an effective date.

Last edited by hsilgnepilot on Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Outlaw58 »

hsilgnepilot wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:18 pm
flyinhigh wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:29 pm
Trust me pal, we qualify. 16/20 of us in the June 6 class have ATPLs, and because we were hired during an ongoing bid, we didn’t get to participate in it. Coming into the company with Q400 experience and 3000 hours, I was definitely eyeing this. Our standing bids haven’t even been processed (I have Q capt in YYZ and YUL at the top, both showing vacancies), meanwhile they’re awarding these positions to new hires with pay effective from Day 1. Would be nice to at least have an effective date. Its definitely frustrating to see.
Out of curiosity, if this is so frustrating, have you brought this up with your Chief Pilot or your ALPA rep? Might be a better place to look for answers than on this forum.

Just saying...

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

hsilgnepilot wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:18 pm
Trust me pal, we qualify. 16/20 of us in the June 6 class have ATPLs, and because we were hired during an ongoing bid, we didn’t get to participate in it. Coming into the company with Q400 experience and 3000 hours, I was definitely eyeing this. Our standing bids haven’t even been processed (I have Q capt in YYZ and YUL at the top, both showing vacancies), meanwhile they’re awarding these positions to new hires with pay effective from Day 1. Would be nice to at least have an effective date.
Step 1

Contact the company (in writing) inquiring as to why the most recent Pilot Position List shows a pilot junior to you in a CA Position that is on your standing bid.

Step 2

If you are not satisfied with the company response, contact your ALPA Base status rep.

Step 3

If the ALPA rep concurs - in consultation with the CRC - that a contact violation has occurred, with the assistance of the ALPA Base grievance chair file a grievance.

Good luck.

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RegionalPilot »

Where can one get the Pilot Position List updated?

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Outlaw58 »

RegionalPilot wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:41 pm Where can one get the Pilot Position List updated?
The pilot position list is published on the 15th of every month, and the Master seniority list every quarter. You can find those on Jazznet.

frog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by frog »

During the hiring selection, do everyone have a sim eval?
During the sim eval can the applicants use the fms, fd ap ?
What plane is used in the sim ?

Last time I did a hold with conventional instruments and no map, it was 15 years ago :)

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

frog wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:15 am During the hiring selection, do everyone have a sim eval?

Last time I did a hold with conventional instruments and no map, it was 15 years ago :)
Yes everyone will have a SIM eval
No Autopilot, no FD, no FMS in a DH8-300 Sim (no motion) in YVR and YYZ currently. Not sure if they've changed it a lot, but thats the gist of it. The DH8 will have the EFIS cockpit, not electromechanical

frog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by frog »

KenoraPilot wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:41 am
frog wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:15 am During the hiring selection, do everyone have a sim eval?

Yes everyone will have a SIM eval
No Autopilot, no FD, no FMS in a DH8-300 Sim (no motion) in YVR and YYZ currently. Not sure if they've changed it a lot, but thats the gist of it. The DH8 will have the EFIS cockpit, not electromechanical
Thanks

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

flyer 1492 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:45 pm From the information I'm hearing thru the grapevine the DEC is on hold for now. Jazz management walked away from the table when they wouldn't agree to the terms Alpa proposed.
The JAZ MEC also just turned down an offer of double time O/T for the August long weekend. Good for them. AC has double time until December 2023. At least AC understand that staffing challenges don’t just happen on long weekends, particularly in YYZ.

I applaud the JAZ MEC for saying ‘No’. That is twice in a month.

It is critical that the JAZ MEC and Jazz move away from crisis management and crisis solutions (COVID). Time now for practical, sustainable, and permanent solutions to what appears to be an era of staffing shortages and operational irregularity coupled with a massive volume of Pilot attrition.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

rudder wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:19 am
flyer 1492 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:45 pm From the information I'm hearing thru the grapevine the DEC is on hold for now. Jazz management walked away from the table when they wouldn't agree to the terms Alpa proposed.
The JAZ MEC also just turned down an offer of double time O/T for the August long weekend. Good for them. AC has double time until December 2023. At least AC understand that staffing challenges don’t just happen on long weekends, particularly in YYZ.

I applaud the JAZ MEC for saying ‘No’. That is twice in a month.

It is critical that the JAZ MEC and Jazz move away from crisis management and crisis solutions (COVID). Time now for practical, sustainable, and permanent solutions to what appears to be an era of staffing shortages and operational irregularity coupled with a massive volume of Pilot attrition.
Couldn't agree more.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Jazz apparently calling retired CA to return as DEC.

First year CA pay. BOTL.

RockSalty
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RockSalty »

rudder wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:14 pm Jazz apparently calling retired CA to return as DEC.

First year CA pay. BOTL.
Thats a joke, right? Why would anyone even consider that???

Droho774
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Droho774 »

What an insult to the pilots who spent their careers at jazz

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”