Mainline hiring

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Apestogetherstrong
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Mainline hiring

Post by Apestogetherstrong »

goingmissed wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:30 am
Apestogetherstrong wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:40 pm Guys and gals not all things are bad. While other companies offer better WAWCON and some are offering retention bonuses, apparently Encore offered a free hot/cold beverage from Tim Hortons in Sep. So at least they’re doing something! Really appreciate the kind gesture. Makes me want to work at a company where employees are valued. Can you name any other company that does that?
Management doesn't understand sarcasm, so I will translate it for you.

We cannot live off of one coffee per year.
We cannot live off of a pancake a year.
We cannot pay rent with thank you videos.

Our CEO says "business comes first and we don't do stupid things" at the same time that he alienates pilots encourages them to leave through poor management.

Pilots are reporting sleeping in the crew room because they can't afford a hotel and being unable to afford basic necessities. We have a serious problem regarding low pay at Encore and it needs to be fixed yesterday.
Conditions at Encore are similar to Colgan Air when the accident happened in Buffalo. We need to push this to all the news channels.
---------- ADS -----------

FlyAlberta
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FlyAlberta »

goingmissed wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:16 pm Look around for the image titled "WestJet Encore August 2022 Flow Class" where it's eight pilots who left Encore for Air Canada. I believe that most, if not all of them accepted flow and then left before beginning training at mainline.

The exodus is happening. Unfortunately leaving is not practicable for many pilots due to personal reasons.

I heard there’s another 6ish in the Sept 21 AC class. Mix of WEN/SWO

Apestogetherstrong
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Apestogetherstrong »

Pilot shortage solved :smt040

Attachments
73ED9D1E-69C4-42FD-AAC3-D4B2D5B19A7F.jpeg
73ED9D1E-69C4-42FD-AAC3-D4B2D5B19A7F.jpeg (579.83 KiB) Viewed 2217 times
AstroPants
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AstroPants »

Apestogetherstrong wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:40 am Pilot shortage solved :smt040
Wow, they agreed to up rates to exactly the same as Breeze Airways in the USA.. and on the same day! What are the chances.

Aspiredtofly
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Aspiredtofly »

I just hope people don't get fooled by this

sstaurus
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by sstaurus »

I don't understand who thinks these photoshops are funny. We get it, the pay in Canada sucks. No point spreading crap.

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by canadian_aviator_4 »

I’m not afraid to admit that I got fooled and almost applied to westjet. Very funny :lol: :roll:

Return to “WestJet”