2022 and beyond Jazz Pilot Movement to AC

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: 2022 and beyond Jazz Pilot Movement to AC

Post by iflyroads »

lownslow wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:16 pm Interesting. Has AC even posted that many vacancies?
June bid (tentatively) should reflect it.
---------- ADS -----------

Luigi Vampa
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Luigi Vampa »

rudder wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:28 am AC must meet the 60% threshold on an annualized basis.
"Must" is a strong word. What are the consequences if they don't?

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Luigi Vampa wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:48 am
rudder wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:28 am AC must meet the 60% threshold on an annualized basis.
It is a function of the terms of the AC/CHR CPA and is codified in the Jazz/ALPA CBA.

Enforcement? I presume through both grievance/damages (CBA) and dispute resolution process (CPA).

To date (pre-COVID), AC has met that metric even during the busiest of times for both Jazz and AC.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

The MEC/Negotiations Committee monitor the number of pilots going yearly and enforce the CA which mandates AC must hire so many pilots per calendar year. If AC misses their target then the MEC communicates with AC and has them up the minimum number to be taken the following Jan/Feb. AC can wait until the very end of the year and then take from Jazz. Makes sense they won't turn on the vacuum during the busy summer season and will take mostly from Jazz in the Fall/Winter. So far AC has been playing fairly and when they miss their target they "catch up" the following Jan/Feb.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

Sad Instagram posts from pilots. Enough of those and people might start sending thoughts and prayers, and beyond that you get temporary profile pictures. The horrors!

McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by McKinley »

I don’t get where this movement is coming from:

Fuel prices are going stratospheric
Consumer confidence is rock bottom
Covid mandates are still in place … and there’s rumors of booster requirements ..

I can foresee status on quo or layoffs… where’s all this movement coming from?

newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by newlygrounded »

McKinley wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:36 pm I don’t get where this movement is coming from:

Covid mandates are still in place … and there’s rumors of booster requirements ..

are airlines hedged in Canada? Also didn't UAL get a big raise? what's fundamentally different here?

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

newlygrounded wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:19 pm
McKinley wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:36 pm I don’t get where this movement is coming from:

are airlines hedged in Canada? Also didn't UAL get a big raise? what's fundamentally different here?
No, nobody is hedged (there is a more complicated explanation but AC is not hedged and not planning any hedges).

Movement is coming from hiring at the top (AC). Bookings are way up. Schedule is being restored with the exception of some Asian flying (China). North America and Europe and the Caribbean are all going full tilt.

RoAF-Mig21
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RoAF-Mig21 »

rudder wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:43 am ...Movement is coming from hiring at the top (AC). Bookings are way up. Schedule is being restored with the exception of some Asian flying (China). North America and Europe and the Caribbean are all going full tilt.
I was checking out flights to Europe for the next few weeks and most are full (LHR, FRA, MUC)... Things are looking good for the airlines. Hopefully it keeps up.

a2btrail
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by a2btrail »

For anyone who cares there are ongoing Jazz pilot AC interviews taking place currently throughout this summer. Just last week seniority numbers of April and May 2017 were invited for interviews. It would seem that these interviews are in anticipation of hire dates for Q3 and Q4.

Last edited by a2btrail on Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

a2btrail wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:31 am For anyone who cares there are on going Jazz pilots AC interviews taking place currently throughout this summer. Just last week seniority numbers of April and May 2017 were invited for interviews. It would seem that these interviews are in anticipation of hire dates for Q3 and Q4.
Jazz will need to send 40+ per month Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec (slightly different metric if AC is running a PIT course every 3 weeks after Labour Day).

Glad to hear the AC interview process has spooled up. There will likely be 200-300 Jazz pilots interviewing at AC this year. 90% (or more) will go on course.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”