Where to start as a EASA B1.1 licensed engineer

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

MADEPE
Rank 0
Rank 0

Where to start as a EASA B1.1 licensed engineer

Post by MADEPE »

Hey everyone! I'm brand new here and I've recently completed my EASA B1.1 basic training, I don't have any experience in aircraft maintenance yet and no type ratings, my only previous experience in the aviation sector was as a flight attendant. Since I got my certificate I've been researching and looking around on where to start, sending my CV wherever I can but I'm feeling a bit lost and my options seem quite limited. Just wanted to know if someone knows about where or how to start, or perhaps where to look since I've spent a few years obtaining my B1.1 certificate and I find myself needing to work as soon as possible, any tips or advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers everyone!
---------- ADS -----------

Pacqing
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Where to start as a EASA B1.1 licensed engineer

Post by Pacqing »

Do you have the right to work in Canada. What mechanical background do you have? Did you grow up fixing your bicycle and lawn mowers,tinkering with all things mechanical, motorcycles and cars/trucks? I don't know of many with this background to go the flight attendant route but probably a good way to see the world. Why would you go to all the time to get a B1 ( I had one) if you;ve never worked in the field before. Most shops don't have the time to take someone by the hand from day 1 and teach them a trade. but good luck.

Last edited by Pacqing on Thu May 26, 2022 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Where to start as a EASA B1.1 licensed engineer

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

That’s a weird one….. you have no TC approved AME training?

Return to “Maintenance”