Vote to end restrictions

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
Bil Derberg
Rank 2
Rank 2

Vote to end restrictions

Post by Bil Derberg »

Hopefully this goes somewhere , and that we can move on from these retarded mandates.
---------- ADS -----------

Attachments
IMG_20220530_001709_111.jpg
IMG_20220530_001709_111.jpg (107.78 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Vote to end restrictions

Post by Inverted2 »

Nah, they’ll keep the Covid theatre going as long as they can.

Let’s Go Brandon
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

No reason to end mandates that never made sense to begin with.

Vaccines were supposed to be the Hail Mary. The plan could have been to get most people vaccinated then pretend Covid was gone and go back to normal. Problem was we all started vaccines on different timelines so people wanted data. Rather than ending testing we watched Israel like a hawk and as we started our vaccines we realized the vaccines were just another mostly useless tool in the Covid fight. Israel was first to remove masks then said now masks need to be back on. The vaccines worked for a few months, then all of a sudden they didn’t work.

Strategy had to shift. Now to keep selling vaccines they thought let’s just keep telling everyone they need boosters. But at the same time this effectively means the pandemic ever ends because masking, vaccines, and Lockdowns alone are not “effective enough” for normal life.

So here we are. There will always be a liberal case to keep masks and mandates because there is no evidence that these mandates have put a dent in Covid spread to begin with. So just keep pretending we are doing something about nothing.

We could literally see every country and province end all mandates, and JT would be like “we still need masks on planes because it’s not safe without these measures” and the liberals will take their masks off for 14 minutes to eat, and then be like OMG I have to put my mask back on, because after 15 minutes is when Covid spreads. And you ask them “well aren’t you vaccinated?” And they will say “well yeah but my last booster was 6 weeks ago and now only 10 percent effective, I need to get my 5th booster to be fully protected”

Americans aren’t masking on planes… does anyone think to look and see how the policy change impacted Covid spread. Is there any evidence to support masking or not? Clearly it’s made such little difference no one even cares to talk about it. Best part is, you can choose to mask whenever you want anyways, but to be a true liberal you can’t believe in choices… a true liberal always concerns themselves with what others are doing. Try asking a liberal why they can’t just wear a mask if they feel vulnerable and let others make the choice. Brace yourself for hypocrisy, and the contradictions that spew out.

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Oh shit would you look at that… nay form the liberals and NDP. It’s not safe out there folks! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Probably need another 2 years of masking and travel restrictions. Canadian science is different than the rest of the world.

flyer 1492
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by flyer 1492 »

It's not the "science", it's just JT being vindictive.

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

When you travel to and from the USA by air you have to get a pre-departure test before you enter Canada.

Oh wait!!!! Sorry, I got that backwards.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

You can drive across the border and no testing requirements either way. But if you fly you deal with all this nonsense. :rolleyes:

Let’s Go Brandon
Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Heading to YYZ on Friday for a couple of Jays games, guess I will get to see/experience the LBPIA shit show.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Old fella wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 6:19 am Heading to YYZ on Friday for a couple of Jays games, guess I will get to see/experience the LBPIA shit show.
Really just depends on the time of day as it seems to go in waves. You might luck out and wonder what all the fuss is about! Enjoy the games!

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Mid day isn’t too bad. Mornings and late afternoons can be a shitshow though.

Let’s Go Brandon
Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

Inverted2 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:46 am Mid day isn’t too bad. Mornings and late afternoons can be a shitshow though.
Hopefully can avoid.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:22 am
Old fella wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 6:19 am Heading to YYZ on Friday for a couple of Jays games, guess I will get to see/experience the LBPIA shit show.
Really just depends on the time of day as it seems to go in waves. You might luck out and wonder what all the fuss is about! Enjoy the games!
Beer ain’t cheap at Rogers Centre, hopefully the bats will continue to stay alive like past 5 games.

:)

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Watch out for the mask police while on federal grounds. Zero tolerance and willing to tell you about science as punishment.
IMG-20220531-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20220531-WA0003.jpg (46.33 KiB) Viewed 1652 times

jlfd26
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by jlfd26 »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/border ... -1.6472271

unfortunately still on for another month

flyer 1492
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by flyer 1492 »

Wait times for immigration and passenger screening have been drawn out by staffing shortages at the Canada Border Services Agency and the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority. CATSA had 7,400 screening officers before the pandemic hit and is down around 900 staff.

And we wonder why there is a problem...

flyndad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by flyndad »

The real problem is the lunatic in charge of the Liberal Party.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

flyndad wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:18 am The real problem is the lunatic in charge of the Liberal Party.
The real problem is that the CPC didn't put anyone electable forward in the last 2 elections, leaving us in the current situation.

flyndad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by flyndad »

I certainly do not disagree with that.

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

CpnCrunch wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:40 am The real problem is that the CPC didn't put anyone electable forward in the last 2 elections, leaving us in the current situation.
O'Toole was (and frankly still is) significantly more electable than Scheer ever was. The problem with the CPC is the fact that they've started in on immediately eating their young, the moment they don't get a "win". It's hard to argue taking the Liberals from a solid majority government down to a minority government (as in Scheer's case) wasn't a win of sorts - hell, it could have gone significantly worse. But, almost immediately the apparatchiks decided to seize their moment and mount a coup.

O'Toole, is arguably a much more charismatic everyman figure than milquetoast Scheer ever could pretend to be. Oddly enough, with an election no one wanted and which returned a complete and utter shambles of a results for Trudeau - the loser suddenly because O'Toole. The polls were pretty well all predicting no change, and the Grits dropped the writ by their own choice and yet once again you end up with a caucus revolt and a rudderless party for god only knows how long...

What's scary, is the idea of the CPC picking a nut bar like Pollievre and going on a jaunt out into the hard right wilderness for a spell. It spells the end of the CPCs era of electability, as the electorate seems to want more centrist positions - not full scale deflections. The problem is, whom amongst the inmates wanting the job running the asylum is going to be able to get the party back on track? Charest? Too many skeletons in the closet... Leslyn, with her "the UN boogeyman is coming for YOU!!" lunacy... Etc.

Say what you will about Harper, and frankly I wasn't a fan, especially with the floodgates being opened for TFWs and back to work legislation, environmental degradation, etc. But, he knew how to keep the lunatics firmly in line; and that is very important for a party that's got some batshit crazy fringy, conspiracy theory spouting looneys running around. Ever since Harper stepped down, the party has been lost, because that firm hand of control is nowhere to be found. Rein in the stupidity, run a tight ship, don't espouse batshit crazy theories... and you'll suddenly have a viable party again.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Westjet CEO is now saying these restrictions are illogical and vaccine mandates make no sense.

Hmmm. Didn’t this guy fire a bunch of unvaccinated staff about 6 months ago?

What a complete @#$! up of leadership from the Canadian gov and corporations. It never made sense to make vaccines mandatory and would have been easy to offer exemptions or alternatives.

Is he going to offer these people their jobs back?

The covidians ruined the science and medical community.

And I want to point out one thing before I hear “the science changed”. Israel removed mask mandates April 2021, and then two months later in June 2021 they reinstated mask mandates because they realized the vaccines didn’t prevent Covid spread and cases increased. Don’t give me this bullshit of the science changed. We knew 3 months prior to vaccine mandates what the science was. Just goes to show how this was never driven from a logical perspective.

Return to “Covid”