Liberals finally ending the vax mandate for travel

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
DownTheMiddle
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Liberals finally ending the vax mandate for travel

Post by DownTheMiddle »

kgb531 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:18 pm Greater than 92% of Canadian adults have received a vaccination.
But the uptake of the booster is half.

Could it be that a large segment of the population only took the bare minimum to meet the mandate requirement? Could it be that they didn't take it to protect their fellow human after all, since they didn't go all the way and get boosted?
---------- ADS -----------

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

GhostRider6 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:10 am
rigpiggy wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:17 am I do hope I never have to share the cockpit with BPF or GR6, they sound insufferable

Likewise. It shouldn’t be “ insufferable” to save lives, care about others and protect your fellow citizens by taking a little shot.

We lined up, rolled up our sleeves and did the right thing abs saved lives
How does it save lives if the vaccine doesn’t prevent you from getting kovid? You can spread it just as easily with the vaccine or not.

Let’s Go Brandon
Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

Inverted2 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:42 pm
rigpiggy wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:17 am I do hope I never have to share the cockpit with BPF or GR6, they sound insufferable

Likewise. It shouldn’t be “ insufferable” to save lives, care about others and protect your fellow citizens by taking a little shot.

How does it save lives if the vaccine doesn’t prevent you from getting kovid? You can spread it just as easily with the vaccine or not.
UMMM because if you are vaccinated you are much less likely to get so sick from COVID that you have to go to hospital if you get it. If you are sick enough to have to go to hospital than you are much more likely to die or get long COVID. Almost all of the vaccinated people who get COVID get sick and then get better without any required intervention by the health care system.

Also the ICU bed that an unvaccinated person takes up, is a bed that could be used by someone who is not in hospital because they chose to not take a free, safe, and effective vaccine and therefore suffer from an illness that was almost certainly preventable. Why is this concept so hard to understand ?

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

Breaking. Government is closing the CovidAlert app.

Stats:
Cost to taxpayers 20 million dollars

Total users 6.9 million

Total Covid cases in Canada 3.92 million

Number of cases that the app assisted to find 400. (Less than one case a day across all of Canada)

Cost per case of Covid the app helped identify 50k.

Amount of Covid spread prevented with the app, statistically insignificant and can’t identify if it stopped any spread at all.

Conclusion, hard to say what was more dumb, the Covid alert app or Doug ford beeping bracelet. Tax payers get to pay, enjoy your inflation for all the gov waste. You could have paid me 1k for a consult and I could have told the gov how dumb the app was.

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Big Pistons Forever wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:52 pm

UMMM because if you are vaccinated you are much less likely to get so sick from COVID that you have to go to hospital if you get it. If you are sick enough to have to go to hospital than you are much more likely to die or get long COVID. Almost all of the vaccinated people who get COVID get sick and then get better without any required intervention by the health care system.

Also the ICU bed that an unvaccinated person takes up, is a bed that could be used by someone who is not in hospital because they chose to not take a free, safe, and effective vaccine and therefore suffer from an illness that was almost certainly preventable. Why is this concept so hard to understand ?
I know tons of unvaccinated people and many got it and none of them were any sicker than vaccinated people. You’re just parroting the BS they spew to you from the news media. It’s all a giant scam, and their story is full of holes and now they finally have to give up on it. Even Trudopers own party member were starting to turn against him. Everyone’s had enough of Covid Theatre.

Let’s Go Brandon
DownTheMiddle
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by DownTheMiddle »

Search StatsCan for the common comorbidities of these ICU patients. These aren't average, generally healthy people taking up these beds. These are the vulnerable patients that should be vaccinated, and unfortunately a good portion of these same patients are vaccinated. The outcome can go either way.

Even a person in mediocre health isn't taking up these beds. Why this was pushed on healthy people, particularly our youth is beyond me. We know now a vaccinated individual isn't protecting anyone else.

Pretty simple,

(A) if you're vulnerable get fully vaccinated.

(B) if not, proceed at your own pace.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

One might even think that some people are disappointed the mandate is ending because when it ends they'll have one fewer things about this government to complain about.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Shark
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Shark »

Big Pistons Forever wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:52 pm

UMMM because if you are vaccinated you are much less likely to get so sick from COVID that you have to go to hospital if you get it.

Provide the evidence you dumb @#$!!

Shark
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Shark »

Anyone who still thinks the vaccine mandates at this point was a good idea is a full on retard. These supporters are the same cucks who voted Trudeau. @#$! you and eat shit!

broken_slinky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broken_slinky »

Shark wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:25 am Anyone who still thinks the vaccine mandates at this point was a good idea is a full on retard. These supporters are the same cucks who voted Trudeau. @#$! you and eat shit!
You Sir, are an angry little man. Have you considered Prozac or Zoloft? I was vaccinated for two reasons. One, the greater good and two, to lessen the effects of COVID if I got it. I have voted Conservative my entire voting life. My parents have voted Conservative for their entire voting lives. While I agree with some of the Liberal views, I cannot be pigeon-holed into your little "Trudeau cuck support" box.

HavaJava
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by HavaJava »

broken_slinky wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:21 am
Shark wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:25 am Anyone who still thinks the vaccine mandates at this point was a good idea is a full on retard. These supporters are the same cucks who voted Trudeau. @#$! you and eat shit!
You Sir, are an angry little man. Have you considered Prozac or Zoloft? I was vaccinated for two reasons. One, the greater good and two, to lessen the effects of COVID if I got it. I have voted Conservative my entire voting life. My parents have voted Conservative for their entire voting lives. While I agree with some of the Liberal views, I cannot be pigeon-holed into your little "Trudeau cuck support" box.
Reading comprehension much???

No one has a problem with anyone's individual choice to get the vaccine. The queston is "Do you support vaccine mandates?" If you answer yes, then I concur, @#$! you and eat shit!

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

HavaJava wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:45 am
broken_slinky wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:21 am
Reading comprehension much???

No one has a problem with anyone's individual choice to get the vaccine. The queston is "Do you support vaccine mandates?" If you answer yes, then I concur, @#$! you and eat shit!
I agree, anyone who follows Trudeau religion under the disguise of science, AND most importantly that thinks they should enforce their religious values on the rest of Canadians. Fukin eat shit. You want to be a religious libtard? Practice your freedoms of religion… have at it and congregate with your covidian circle jerk. Never come on my porch knocking like a jw asking me to join.

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:00 am I agree, anyone who follows Trudeau religion under the disguise of science, AND most importantly that thinks they should enforce their religious values on the rest of Canadians. Fukin eat shit. You want to be a religious libtard? Practice your freedoms of religion… have at it and congregate with your covidian circle jerk. Never come on my porch knocking like a jw asking me to join.
I agree. You should be free to support whatever political party you want. Just don't wave your politics in my face. That includes the WEF, climate change, etc.

I will do you the same courtesy. I think we will all have much happier lives if we all stop trying to force our political opinions on others.

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Heard a rumour one of Canadas airlines is making a plan to return unvaccinated workers, including pilots. They will be required to sign away their ability to sue the company for being sent on leave for their medical choice as a condition to return. Might also be offered some financial compensation for the lost wages.

I guess this is good news.

HavaJava
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by HavaJava »

Air Canada just announced the return of unvaccinated employees. Didn't specify pilots, but I see no reason why they wouldn't be included.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

And just like that, half of Canadians are antivax, and refuse to be fully vaccinated. :rolleyes:

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:31 am And just like that, half of Canadians are antivax, and refuse to be fully vaccinated. :rolleyes:
Trust the (political) sCiEnCe! :rolleyes:

Let’s Go Brandon
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Inverted2 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:38 am
WellThatAgedWell wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:31 am And just like that, half of Canadians are antivax, and refuse to be fully vaccinated. :rolleyes:
Trudeau's lack of science is nowhere near as bad as you two guys. And not quite as bad Harper, who actively worked against science.

Why don't you people vote for a party that puts science first? You only have yourselves to blame.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

CpnCrunch wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:41 am
Inverted2 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:38 am
Trudeau's lack of science is nowhere near as bad as you two guys. And not quite as bad Harper, who actively worked against science.

Why don't you people vote for a party that puts science first? You only have yourselves to blame.
Can’t tell if this is sarcasm.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:49 am

Can’t tell if this is sarcasm.
No, it's not. I am being perfectly serious.

The problem is that none of the parties really value science, logic and rational decisions. I could set up such a party, but you wouldn't vote for me because I'm not charistmatic and I don't want the job anyway.

I think about 90% of people vote for a party either because the guy is charistmatic, or because they've always voted for that party, or similar illogical reasons. That's just human nature, and I don't think there is much hope of improving the situation unless there is some kind of stupidity screen for politiicians.

Return to “Covid”