Good Companies to work for

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

wing'd
Rank 1
Rank 1

Good Companies to work for

Post by wing'd »

Good evening fellow cloud surfers

Currently a class 3 Flight instructor Mifr 650+ hours looking to switch over to a 703/704 Op. ( flight school is shutting down in a couple months )

Question is : what are some good companies out there ? schedule wise, life conditions wise ( obviously every company have some troubles here and there ). Just cautious about the next step.

Anyone here had a good experience with a company ? and if so, what was the biggest take-away and advice for someone looking to go work there?

thank you guys so much :mrgreen:
---------- ADS -----------

skybluetrek
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Good Companies to work for

Post by skybluetrek »

wing'd wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:28 pm Good evening fellow cloud surfers

Currently a class 3 Flight instructor Mifr 650+ hours looking to switch over to a 703/704 Op. ( flight school is shutting down in a couple months )

Question is : what are some good companies out there ? schedule wise, life conditions wise ( obviously every company have some troubles here and there ). Just cautious about the next step.

Anyone here had a good experience with a company ? and if so, what was the biggest take-away and advice for someone looking to go work there?

thank you guys so much :mrgreen:
You mean with 650 hours as a flight instructor? Any that would hire you basically. Don't think you should be cautious, get out there and find something.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Unless it's a unionized company, only take a job there if you want to do the job they are offering. Assume you will be stuck in that job for a few years.

For example, don't take a 185 float job if really you only want to fly their beaver. Promises of progression are often used, but rarely materialize as expected.

Career progression (as in bigger aircraft or better pay) often involves switching jobs. So don't worry too much about the first company that hires you. You likely won't stick around, and they often don't expect you to either

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

Here is the first clue.

The smaller companies that are really good places to be, have no openings, and dont expect to have any openings for a considerable period of time. When they do have an opening, the folks already there have a few friends...

wing'd
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by wing'd »

Thank you guys !

Yes, I keep hearing that the more ads a company post the « least desirable » it is, in these forums. And I agree, small good companies hire from within. Ill take a leap of faith! Just wanted to be careful!

UndisputedTruth
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by UndisputedTruth »

wing'd wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:09 am Thank you guys !

Yes, I keep hearing that the more ads a company post the « least desirable » it is, in these forums. And I agree, small good companies hire from within. Ill take a leap of faith! Just wanted to be careful!
Airsprint the new Air Georgian on Avcanada

PeterParker
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PeterParker »

UndisputedTruth wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:23 am

Not so sure… I keep seeing North Wright adverts all over the website not to mention Pasco posting jobs every week. They might give Air Sprint a run for that crown. Lol

wing'd
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by wing'd »

:smt040
[quote=UndisputedTruth post_id=1199899 time=1656091439
Not so sure… I keep seeing North Wright adverts all over the website not to mention Pasco posting jobs every week. They might give Air Sprint a run for that crown. Lol
[/quote]

As you say that they posted once more

:smt040 :smt040 :smt040

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

PeterParker wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:09 am
UndisputedTruth wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:23 am

The hallmark of a great company: having to pay for google ads to attract employees and then bonding them so they won't leave your great company :mrgreen:

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Flight94
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Flight94 »

Alberta Central Airways

Return to “Employment Forum”