New Flair Staff Travel

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

BaaBoo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: New Flair Staff Travel

Post by BaaBoo »

beefcheese wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:33 pm Hey, any update on Flair staff travel?
Did you guys ever get on the MyIDTravel system?
---------- ADS -----------

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

BaaBoo wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:53 pm
beefcheese wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:33 pm Hey, any update on Flair staff travel?
HAHA, so no update.

Vanguard
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Vanguard »

tbaylx wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:52 am In recognition of employees' contributions to growing our airline Flair has just announced one of the most flexible and comprehensive staff travel policies in Canada.

1- staff may nominate up to 6 Nominees eligible for unlimited standby travel. The nominees do not have to be related to the employee.

2- Eight positive space travel certificates per year to all staff who have completed one year of service. These posi space tickets can be used by staff or their nominees or given away as positive space buddy passes.

3- 4 one-way space available buddy passes every quarter, 16 per year. They are valid for 12 months from the date of issue and can be given to anyone the employee chooses.

In addition, all staff will soon have ID travel on Other Airlines available through MyIDTravel and pilots will continue to have access to the existing and rapidly expanding pilot reciprocal jumpseat program.

You should have some shame.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Vanguard wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:37 pm
tbaylx wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:52 am In recognition of employees' contributions to growing our airline Flair has just announced one of the most flexible and comprehensive staff travel policies in Canada.

1- staff may nominate up to 6 Nominees eligible for unlimited standby travel. The nominees do not have to be related to the employee.

2- Eight positive space travel certificates per year to all staff who have completed one year of service. These posi space tickets can be used by staff or their nominees or given away as positive space buddy passes.

3- 4 one-way space available buddy passes every quarter, 16 per year. They are valid for 12 months from the date of issue and can be given to anyone the employee chooses.

In addition, all staff will soon have ID travel on Other Airlines available through MyIDTravel and pilots will continue to have access to the existing and rapidly expanding pilot reciprocal jumpseat program.

I'm shockingly shameless. Why exactly?

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

flyinhigh wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:33 am
BaaBoo wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:53 pm
HAHA, so no update.
No we have not.

Vanguard
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Vanguard »

tbaylx wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:36 pm

I'm shockingly shameless. Why exactly?
Oh many of us are quite aware.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

March update. After several delays, MyIDTravel is finally live. OAL piltos can now book jumpseats on Flair using MyIDTravel instead of the painful paper process.

Flair staff can book ZED and Jumpseat travel on Flair and all other airlines we have agreements with for themselves and their travel partners through MYIDTravel. We're continuing to add ZED partners on a weekly basis so check often for updates if the airline you want to travel with isn't listed yet.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

8 months to the day that you started this thread it’s finally set up. :prayer:

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

flyinhigh wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:52 am 8 months to the day that you started this thread it’s finally set up. :prayer:
Yup, although the crew has had access to the staff travel since December, it's been a painfully manual process with too many forms. The incorporation of MyIDTravel allows it to be all online and no intervention from staff travel and associated delays in issuing the booking.

Not everything happens as fast as we'd like but we get there eventually.

mbjsman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mbjsman »

Is there an external way to find out which carriers Flair has ZED/jumpseats partnerships with?

Last edited by mbjsman on Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just another canuck
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Just another canuck »

Deleted.

Last edited by Just another canuck on Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
braaap Braap
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by braaap Braap »

Just another canuck wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:39 pm When booking a jumpseat through myid, you get a locator but cannot check in. Normal? Gotta go to the counter?
Yes. Normal. Your jumpseat coordinator should have a document from Flair that outlines the procedure/policy.

Last edited by braaap Braap on Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

flyinhigh wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:52 am 8 months to the day that you started this thread it’s finally set up. :prayer:
The myID folks are no picnic to deal with.

Just another canuck
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Just another canuck »

braaap Braap wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:10 pm
Just another canuck wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:39 pm
I deleted it. But you’ve quoted me so…

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

I have read through dozens and dozens of flair threads as well as other airlines on this board and I still don't understand the hatred for the CP at flair or the company as a whole. I havent worked there, but I also haven't seem any posts from ex employees that say bad things about how bad things were while there are plenty of ex WJ or Jazz, cargojet employees who have bad things to say about their previous employer. Perhaps the posts exist, and maybe I will be directed towards them, but im lost for words on why there is a larger hate-on for flair than for others.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

khedrei wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:27 am

I have read through dozens and dozens of flair threads as well as other airlines on this board and I still don't understand the hatred for the CP at flair or the company as a whole. I havent worked there, but I also haven't seem any posts from ex employees that say bad things about how bad things were while there are plenty of ex WJ or Jazz, cargojet employees who have bad things to say about their previous employer. Perhaps the posts exist, and maybe I will be directed towards them, but im lost for words on why there is a larger hate-on for flair than for others.
The disdain towards the CP(Tbaylx) is going back to when WJ pilots were in negotiations with their employer, said employer launched Swoop as a union busting airline and hired direct entry Captains, Tbaylx was one of those who many considered to be Scabs.
To further aggravate the situation he basically was an unapologetic arrogant jerk who made no excuses for his decision to scab their work at a huge discount.
Many tried to reason with him but there was no reasoning, he(they all were) was put on a Blacklist, with the promise of no union shop hiring him, then with the prospect of being bottom of the list forever he jumped ship to another industry leading race to the bottom airline, where most people would see him continue to rub our faces in it.
As for Flair the airline, we could not argue these were good jobs, just the fact they were hiring DEC was enough to entice the pilots who left Canada(expats) to come home, as the other options were botl at the other companies with shit pay.
Every time another airline starts up with new hire pay, it puts competitive pressure on the old ones, so not necessarily a good thing but with a few new companies and the others also hiring it has had an effect of starting to bring things up, this being said the Flair contract did not recognize FOs nearly as much as Captains, so obviously that will bring some ill feelings.
Caught you up

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

cdnavater wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:51 am

The disdain towards the CP(Tbaylx) is going back to when WJ pilots were in negotiations with their employer, said employer launched Swoop as a union busting airline and hired direct entry Captains, Tbaylx was one of those who many considered to be Scabs.
To further aggravate the situation he basically was an unapologetic arrogant jerk who made no excuses for his decision to scab their work at a huge discount.
Many tried to reason with him but there was no reasoning, he(they all were) was put on a Blacklist, with the promise of no union shop hiring him, then with the prospect of being bottom of the list forever he jumped ship to another industry leading race to the bottom airline, where most people would see him continue to rub our faces in it.
As for Flair the airline, we could not argue these were good jobs, just the fact they were hiring DEC was enough to entice the pilots who left Canada(expats) to come home, as the other options were botl at the other companies with shit pay.
Every time another airline starts up with new hire pay, it puts competitive pressure on the old ones, so not necessarily a good thing but with a few new companies and the others also hiring it has had an effect of starting to bring things up, this being said the Flair contract did not recognize FOs nearly as much as Captains, so obviously that will bring some ill feelings.
Caught you up
So he went to work as the CP for swoop? Or in another capacity?

I agree flair has not focused attention on FOs but that is the case with every single 705 in canada. In fact flair pays their starting FOs better than almost everyone else so while I understand the first part of the story (for the most part), I dont see how FO pay is the driving factor for the hatred for them as a company. I believe, as do most people, that competition in general is good in cases like this. The expats that jumped ship to make tones of money should have to pay for it with seniority when they choose to come back. Aside from trying to redesign the wheel anyway. A new start up that gives them the option of keeping a high salary is not flairs fault. If they are a decent company to work for (and the lack of complaints compared to others tells me they are) then good for them.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

khedrei wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:19 am
cdnavater wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:51 am

Caught you up
So he went to work as the CP for swoop? Or in another capacity?

I agree flair has not focused attention on FOs but that is the case with every single 705 in canada. In fact flair pays their starting FOs better than almost everyone else so while I understand the first part of the story (for the most part), I dont see how FO pay is the driving factor for the hatred for them as a company. I believe, as do most people, that competition in general is good in cases like this. The expats that jumped ship to make tones of money should have to pay for it with seniority when they choose to come back. Aside from trying to redesign the wheel anyway. A new start up that gives them the option of keeping a high salary is not flairs fault. If they are a decent company to work for (and the lack of complaints compared to others tells me they are) then good for them.
As for in what capacity he went there, I believe it was as a DEC and the CP job came after but not positive.
As for the pay now, yes they start descent but they didn’t always and instead of raising the bar, they more or less matched the bar which doesn’t help when others are trying to raise it!
We get it pilot wages are a cost and take away the company advantage if they are too high but if they had gone for more, everyone else has a chance of going higher, instead it is used as a club for beating pilots back into their place.
Anyhow, not really on topic but I hope that answers your questions, at least from my viewpoint, other may have differing reasons

accountant
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by accountant »

So basically you're saying that you'd rather a qualified pilot NOT apply for a legitimate job just because you have issues with their employer on how they are doing things.

He did not cross a picket line. That's the definition of a scab.

I 100% guarantee you if feeding your family or not applying for a job was a choice, you would feed your family and be in the same boat as him. The difference being, you don't like him.

Get over yourselves.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

accountant wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:58 am So basically you're saying that you'd rather a qualified pilot NOT apply for a legitimate job just because you have issues with their employer on how they are doing things.

He did not cross a picket line. That's the definition of a scab.

I 100% guarantee you if feeding your family or not applying for a job was a choice, you would feed your family and be in the same boat as him. The difference being, you don't like him.

Get over yourselves.
Yah, they all ended up on a union blacklist because we did!
I’m fairly certain he had a job if memory serves, TSB, however merriam-Webster seems to disagree, it was the same work for less money providing the company a cheaper labour source and fuel for arbitration, they already launched the Swoop division, while on going negotiations.
However, I’m going to move on as I am not a WJ pilot and it was a not my fight, my issue was more of a history of family unionism.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/scab
Scab
a
: a contemptible person
b
(1)
: a worker who refuses to join a labor union
(2)
: a union member who refuses to strike or returns to work before a strike has ended
(3)
: a worker who accepts employment or replaces a union worker during a strike
(4)
: one who works for less than union wages or on nonunion terms

Return to “Flair Airlines”