SkyMed - CBC

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: SkyMed - CBC

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

I don’t find any of the above posters comments funny whatsoever.

Here is what I posted last night in a thread that was subsequently pulled by the mods (with good reason!)
TeePeeCreeper wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:39 pm Am I the only one reading this thread whom feels
privileged to know several nice human beings whom
happen to have Down syndrome?
The ones I know would cringe at their "gift" being used in
a thread such as this one.
Compassionate, caring and least of all... quick to judge.
Y'all could learn a thing or two from some of these
individuals me thinks!

TPC
---------- ADS -----------

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

digits_ wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:00 pm
munzil wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:13 am
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:46 am You’re right, the fact that there’s such a high population of Down syndrome in the pilot community there should be one represented in fiction as an ame
What's wrong with you? Reported for just being just plain toxic towards other communities.
Which community would be most offended by Bug_Stomper_01's joke? The Down Syndrome community or the pilot community?

I have no clue what’s happening in this thread lol. Long story short… everyone that disagrees can go suck start a bulldozer lol

Aotearoa
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Aotearoa »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:09 pm [… everyone that disagrees can go suck start a bulldozer lol
What a class act. Is that hurt and anger at the world inside of you feeling better by insulting fellow aviation workers on the internet?

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Aotearoa wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:10 am
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:09 pm [… everyone that disagrees can go suck start a bulldozer lol
What a class act. Is that hurt and anger at the world inside of you feeling better by insulting fellow aviation workers on the internet?
It was a joke, as I’m assuming girl17’s post clearly was as well and a dig at ame’s in general (which she has a history of). Lighten up

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

digits_ wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:00 pm
munzil wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:13 am
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:46 am You’re right, the fact that there’s such a high population of Down syndrome in the pilot community there should be one represented in fiction as an ame
What's wrong with you? Reported for just being just plain toxic towards other communities.
Which community would be most offended by Bug_Stomper_01's joke? The Down Syndrome community or the pilot community?
That’s a good question lol

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

digits_ wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:56 pm So.... a medevac drama series on CBC

https://gem.cbc.ca/media/skymed/s01?cmp ... _EM_June27
SKYMED
The triumphs, heartbreaks, and tribulations of budding nurses and pilots flying air ambulances in remote Northern Canada. They’re all in over their heads, with no one to rely on but each other.
I was cautiously optimistic, then I heard "Tell Thompson we're coming in hot!"

What are your expectation? Looks like it will be ... interesting ...
They should make this series, but good lol

Mr. Lutsch
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mr. Lutsch »

I planned to start a new thread "who wants to talk SkyMed", of course, by the time I got here, it had already been done.

I love this community. Don't ever change.

"We take care of our own right?" 8) 8) 8)

Mr. Lutsch
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mr. Lutsch »

Also, let's not be so harsh on the realism aspect. I personally found this part to be super realistic (from S1E1)

"Bro, why'd you f*** the new girl, you knew I liked her"

"Air Canada didn't hire me"

"Oh bro, I'm so sorry... let's get you a drink".

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Mr. Lutsch wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:15 pm Also, let's not be so harsh on the realism aspect. I personally found this part to be super realistic (from S1E1)

"Bro, why'd you f*** the new girl, you knew I liked her"

"Air Canada didn't hire me"

"Oh bro, I'm so sorry... let's get you a drink".
Ya, I just watched the first couple of episodes in my peripheral. I may not have been paying enough attention as it was playing in my shop while I was working but don’t they only refer to Air Canada as strictly only “AC”?

meitari
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by meitari »

Does anyone know whose king airs are being used in the series? I'm wondering which company was involved.

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

I was very skeptical when I watched the first episode, but have to say I was surprised at the effort made to keep the flying part realistic. That episodes theme around overloading and unsecured cargo as well as the FO wannabe's dilemma about being a team player and shading the truth over saying what really happened, depicted a dirty little Northern flying secret, something I would not have expected in a prime time TV show.

Sadly that episode was the high point. It has now regressed to not very good day time soap opera territory. The resolution of the crash was totally lame and the flying connection is all but gone. I get that you got to have the personal stuff to keep the audience but the first episode was an example of how you could also tell a good story

I gave it up at episode 5, which was 3 episodes too late.....

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”