The Career of an AME

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Lastdaez
Rank 0
Rank 0

The Career of an AME

Post by Lastdaez »

Hello, I a month or so back I made a post about all of the negative aspects of being an AME that I have been hearing about since I started school. The reason I posted this was to see if anyone agreed or disagreed. Every single one of my replies seemed to be AME's strongly agreeing that the trade has a lot of unique negative aspects when compared to other trades. I'm wondering why there are so many AME's that have a negative outlook on the career. When I joined this program I thought it was just going to be a normal trade but according to my instructors and now people on this forum, Im going to be getting paid less than a 16yr old waitress, my wife will divorce me and ill either be working night shifts, 14 hour days or in some remote location.
---------- ADS -----------

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: The Career of an AME

Post by digits_ »

If you're not sure, why don't you go visit some AMOs and ask to snoop around for the day? See what an actual day looks like. Given the shortage of AMEs, they might be willing to accommodate your request.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: The Career of an AME

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

digits_ wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:16 pm If you're not sure, why don't you go visit some AMOs and ask to snoop around for the day? See what an actual day looks like. Given the shortage of AMEs, they might be willing to accommodate your request.
I agree, good idea but not foolproof. Maybe even offer a week of service no strings attached

Return to “General Comments”