COVID Boosters every 9 months announced

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

COVID Boosters every 9 months announced

Post by McKinley »

Yves Dulcos announced that boosters will be required every 9 months in order to be considered “ up to date”

He then went on to say “ we will never be fully vaccinated against COVID”
---------- ADS -----------

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: COVID Boosters every 9 months announced

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

What percentage of Canadians are anti vaxers now?

https://twitter.com/TrueNorthCentre/sta ... w_EBpp4gyA

:lol: I love it. “You were never fully vaccinated, we just made that up and used restrictions to get you all to take the shots. Now we will tell the truth that the vaccine is only good for a few months. You will need to get two boosters a year to be protected… or you will get long Covid”

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

No thanks. The vaccines don’t work. I took 2 and that is it.

Let’s Go Brandon
RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

Exactly. Those still pushing this Vax must be braindead.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

So what will happen to the unwashed heathens that just got told they could come back to their jobs a few weeks ago? This government has to go now!

Let’s Go Brandon
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Inverted2 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:15 pm No thanks. The vaccines don’t work.
80% reduction in hospitalisation means it doesn't work?

https://covid19-sciencetable.ca/ontario-dashboard/

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

CpnCrunch wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:07 pm

Also: you do realise it's very braindead arguments like this from antivaxxers that has caused the slightly braindead over-reaction from our government?

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

95% of Covid Positive cases in Quebec are vaccinated group.
88% of Covid Positive Hospitalizations in Quebec are in vaccinated group.

There was less than 10 Covid death without comorbidities in the sub 50 years old group in Quebec.

So if it doesn't prevent transmission, or infection and doesn't reduce hospitalization for the 10-50 years old age group, how are you ever going to justify mandating it ... for EVERYONE ?

you can run the numbers yourself
https://www.donneesquebec.ca/recherche/ ... aadb199026

https://www.donneesquebec.ca/recherche/ ... 3285687886

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

No dumb dumb: The reductions in hospitalizations is due to to the virus mutating to a milder variant. I recently had Covid and it was nothing worse than a cold. My last vaccine was almost a year ago so I highly doubt it made a difference. The “experts” are even saying it’s not effective after a few weeks. You are clearly brainwashed. Take all the boosters you want. Leave other peoples choices to themselves please.

Let’s Go Brandon
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

CpnCrunch wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:09 pm

Also: you do realise it's very braindead arguments like this from antivaxxers that has caused the slightly braindead over-reaction from our government?
PS. Not an “antivaxxer” at all. I’ve had all my childhood vaccines and got a tetanus shot not too long ago. The fact that only 50% of Ontario’s population got a booster should tell you something.

Let’s Go Brandon
JayVee
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by JayVee »

Why the fu(k, for the 2nd time, is the minister of health not a doctor? Easier for the puppet master to control?

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

JayVee wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:54 pm Why the fu(k, for the 2nd time, is the minister of health not a doctor? Easier for the puppet master to control?
You must not question the “experts” or you’re an anti vax, fringe minority white supremacist. Trudumb probably thinks Dr. Dre is a doctor too.:rolleyes:

Let’s Go Brandon
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

daedalusx wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:19 pm 95% of Covid Positive cases in Quebec are vaccinated group.
88% of Covid Positive Hospitalizations in Quebec are in vaccinated group.

There was less than 10 Covid death without comorbidities in the sub 50 years old group in Quebec.

So if it doesn't prevent transmission, or infection and doesn't reduce hospitalization for the 10-50 years old age group, how are you ever going to justify mandating it ... for EVERYONE ?

you can run the numbers yourself
https://www.donneesquebec.ca/recherche/ ... aadb199026

https://www.donneesquebec.ca/recherche/ ... 3285687886
None of that tells you the rate of hospitalization of vaccinated vs unvaccinated, which is what is important. Most people going into the hospital are over 60s, and most of those are triple vaccinated.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Inverted2 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:30 pm

PS. Not an “antivaxxer” at all. I’ve had all my childhood vaccines and got a tetanus shot not too long ago. The fact that only 50% of Ontario’s population got a booster should tell you something.
Ok, you just don't understand science and simple facts.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Inverted2 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:23 pm

No dumb dumb: The reductions in hospitalizations is due to to the virus mutating to a milder variant. I recently had Covid and it was nothing worse than a cold. My last vaccine was almost a year ago so I highly doubt it made a difference. The “experts” are even saying it’s not effective after a few weeks. You are clearly brainwashed. Take all the boosters you want. Leave other peoples choices to themselves please.
No, dumb dumb, try looking at the actual chart I posted. That is *current* hospitalizations (i.e. the current milder variant). How difficult is it to read the actual data that's sitting there in front if you, without projecting your weird anti-science anti-vax beliefs on it?

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

CpnCrunch wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:21 pm
Inverted2 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:23 pm

No, dumb dumb, try looking at the actual chart I posted. That is *current* hospitalizations (i.e. the current milder variant). How difficult is it to read the actual data that's sitting there in front if you, without projecting your weird anti-science anti-vax beliefs on it?
No, I don’t care to read the “Covid science table” website brought to by Pfizer. You believe your sources and I believe mine.

Let’s Go Brandon
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Inverted2 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:15 pm
No, I don’t care to read the “Covid science table” website brought to by Pfizer. You believe your sources and I believe mine.
Its from Ontario, not pfizer. You havent posted any sources.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

The "Covid Science Advisory Table" might be from Ontario, but they aren't an official organisation. The "Table" is made up of a group of career academics and academic wannabes whose primary interest is in stoking fear, securing their next research grant, and interview on CBC radio. They absolutely pass themselves off as officially affiliated and obviously people get taken by it. Their modelling had been have been way off, like doomsday way off, they're the head Covidians and their bias is deep.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

altiplano wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:42 pm The "Covid Science Advisory Table" might be from Ontario, but they aren't an official organisation. The "Table" is made up of a group of career academics and academic wannabes whose primary interest is in stoking fear, securing their next research grant, and interview on CBC radio. They absolutely pass themselves off as officially affiliated and obviously people get taken by it. Their modelling had been have been way off, like doomsday way off, they're the head Covidians and their bias is deep.
So, post another source for the data, or do your own analysis using the raw data if youre that interested. But clearly youre not interested in any facts or data.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Here is a preprint of a multi-center study in the US showing efficacy of mRNA vaccines with booster against hospitalization from Omicron is about 80% vs 46% for just one dose:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 22276228v1

Return to “Covid”