It's starting, over 100 WJ employees sue

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
Bil Derberg
Rank 2
Rank 2

Over 100 WJ employees sue over vaccine mandates

Post by Bil Derberg »

---------- ADS -----------

Bil Derberg
Rank 2
Rank 2

It's starting, over 100 WJ employees sue

Post by Bil Derberg »

Thank you for these brave men and women who refused to be coerced under duress. Hopefully more and more will join in the future.

https://youtu.be/XsffbxQqRlg

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

WestJet employees sue WestJet over Mandates

Post by BE02 Driver »

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: WestJet employees sue WestJet over Mandates

Post by goingmissed »

BE02 Driver wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:47 am Finally!!!!

https://www.rebelnews.com/more_than_100 ... e_mandates
It's a waste of time and money. I don't think it will get very far.

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Over 100 WJ employees sue over vaccine mandates

Post by goingmissed »

Bil Derberg wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:05 am Godspeed!

Waste of time and money. The airline was not given a choice in the matter as to whether an unvaccinated individual could remain employed.

Rob won't shut up about this lawsuit and should realize that nobody cares about his choice to wreck his career.

palebird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by palebird »

What is really sad is responses like yours towards someone trying to fight back against a tyrannical government. You are so willing to just roll over and take the shot. That is truly disgusting. Well they have more shots lined up for you..have a nice life. You simply do as you are told. Period. Employers could have stood up to this nonsense and represented to rights of their employees. But nope. They just rolled over because it was the easiest thing to do. We all know how that works out don't we? This government has a mandate to destroy the economy and you have all been duped. Don't believe it? It will all be crystal clear before the end of the year. Just look at lying Biden or the wonderworld of the EU. Same difference.

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

palebird wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:26 am What is really sad is responses like yours towards someone trying to fight back against a tyrannical government. You are so willing to just roll over and take the shot. That is truly disgusting. Well they have more shots lined up for you..have a nice life. You simply do as you are told. Period. Employers could have stood up to this nonsense and represented to rights of their employees. But nope. They just rolled over because it was the easiest thing to do. We all know how that works out don't we? This government has a mandate to destroy the economy and you have all been duped. Don't believe it? It will all be crystal clear before the end of the year. Just look at lying Biden or the wonderworld of the EU. Same difference.
If I was asked to summarize your argument, I would be unable to.

Get the shot or don't, nobody gives a damn anymore. If you think that doctors are evil and want to control you through vaccinations, you likely lack the critical reasoning skills required to be a pilot.

SMD
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SMD »

Why were they terminated? Other airlines put those people who didn’t want to get vaccinated on leave.
I agree WJ had to follow the govt mandate but firing people is going to cost them big time.

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re: It's starting, over 100 WJ employees sue

Post by North Shore »

Sueing is one thing - hold off the champagne until they win...

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GhostRider6 »

Bil Derberg wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:08 am Thank you for these brave men and women who refused to be coerced under duress. Hopefully more and more will join in the future.

I have a whole set of different words for these people.

How can one be a pilot and be anti- science these two realities are totally incongruent.

TC should strip anyone who has anti-science views of their medical. Full stop. Until they seek appropriate psychiatric treatment for their beliefs in falsehoods and disinformation/ batshit conspiracy theories.

The privilege and entitlement is completely repugnant.

Do you part, wear your mask, stay home and get vaccinated.

Save lives and protect others and be a good citizen who cares about others

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

North Shore wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:34 am Sueing is one thing - hold off the champagne until they win...
Might as well drink it now... filing the suit is the closest they'll get to winning.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Going to be a lot more off this fall if they bring in mandatory boosters. I do hope the WJ folks win.

Let’s Go Brandon
GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: WestJet employees sue WestJet over Mandates

Post by GhostRider6 »

BE02 Driver wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:47 am Finally!!!!

https://www.rebelnews.com/more_than_100 ... e_mandates

Finally! the’ve opened their mouths, outed themselves/ made asses out of themselves on a news outlet that’s full of white supremacy, racism, disinformation, misogyny and falsehoods.

Fire them all and strip them of their medicals for mental incompetence.

As for rebel … they should be banned

The amount of lives that likely have been lost due to vaccine disinformation is probably massive from those who refuse to do the right thing, stop the spread and get vaxed.

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

SMD wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:34 am Why were they terminated? Other airlines put those people who didn’t want to get vaccinated on leave.
I agree WJ had to follow the govt mandate but firing people is going to cost them big time.
In the first week of September the company started to warn employees that if they do not meet the criteria for being fully vaccinated, their employment may be terminated in December 2021.
As arbitral decisions relating to the reasonableness of mandatory coronavirus vaccination policies emerge, employers have clearly gained the upper hand.
Above all, mandatory vaccination policies must be reasonable; they have to be clear and equivocal, with the policies and their consequences including the range of discipline brought to the attention of all employees; and they must be consistent and devoid of favouritism.

In the unionized context, the policies must not offend the collective agreement. Where no collective agreement exists, the contextual analysis starts with employers’ obligations under occupational health and safety legislation.
https://www.benefitscanada.com/human-re ... employers/

Basically, if the employees can prove that the contract protects them, they might have a case, but the case will be dropped anyway because there is a clear procedure in the contract to settle contractual disputes.

tl;dr: The case does not belong in the courts and will very likely fail.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

GhostRider6 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:36 am
Bil Derberg wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:08 am Thank you for these brave men and women who refused to be coerced under duress. Hopefully more and more will join in the future.

How can one be a pilot and be anti- science these two realities are totally incongruent.

TC should strip anyone who has anti-science views of their medical. Full stop. Until they seek appropriate psychiatric treatment for their beliefs in falsehoods and disinformation/ batshit conspiracy theories.

I think you’re the one who should have TC review your medical. That Kovid Koolaid has really messed you up bud! :rolleyes: Covid is done, time to move on.

On the bright side, there will soon be lots of far worse things soon (food/energy shortages, war, economic collapse) so it will hopefully take your mind off the super deadly Covid. :lol:

Let’s Go Brandon
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

I have no clue how the law applies in this case. It won't be provincial employment law, it will be federal. Also if unionized how does the law apply? Is it a charter issue? Why has the federal government said they can come back? Has the science changed? Did it really change or were these employees fired with government misinformation on vaccination science?

Will be a very interesting case. This is important to everyone as it will set a precident for our future. What will be the next issue where people are dismissed for arbitrary reasons. Check out the security guards who were fired for not shaving. Is this the world you want to live in? I think what they have going for them is the vaccine didn't have a full approval process complete that would meet the standards of other drug trials. Also could these employees have been accommodated with alternative duties?

Regardless of the vaccine and covid. For the sake of precident for our future and government powers down the road I do think we need these employees to win. It would be devastating for all Canadians if we lose Imo.

Last edited by WellThatAgedWell on Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

Inverted2 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:51 am
I think you’re the one who should have TC review your medical. That Kovid Koolaid has really messed you up bud! :rolleyes: Covid is done, time to move on.

On the bright side, there will soon be lots of far worse things soon (food/energy shortages, war, economic collapse) so it will hopefully take your mind off the super deadly Covid. :lol:
I just got COVID two weeks ago, as well as four family members.

COVID is not over, nor will it ever be. However, I understand that what you might be trying to say is that the pandemic as we knew it is over. The hospitals are no longer crushed by COVID patients and the restrictions are no longer required.

With that said, those who were terminated as a result of their non-compliance are already terminated and are not entitled to recall.

What I don't get is why anyone would assume that doctors are lying to them and risk their careers to listen to uneducated people who use fallacies to support their arguments.

GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GhostRider6 »

GhostRider6 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:36 am

Ah yes, more batshit misinformation, disinformation and falsehoods from the anti-science crowd.

Nope! There’s more variants coming this fall. Thankfully, we have a government that’s tough on anti vaxers and that will continue to be tough on them. .

Enjoy unemployment this fall. ( if you don’t step up to the plate and do the right thing)

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

goingmissed wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:00 am

I just got COVID two weeks ago, as well as four family members.

COVID is not over, nor will it ever be. However, I understand that what you might be trying to say is that the pandemic as we knew it is over. The hospitals are no longer crushed by COVID patients and the restrictions are no longer required.

With that said, those who were terminated as a result of their non-compliance are already terminated and are not entitled to recall.

What I don't get is why anyone would assume that doctors are lying to them and risk their careers to listen to uneducated people who use fallacies to support their arguments.
How did you get covid? Don't you wear a mask? Aren't you vaccinated? Didn't you get boosted?

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

GhostRider6 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:02 am Ah yes, more batshit misinformation, disinformation and falsehoods from the anti-science crowd.

Nope! There’s more variants coming this fall. Thankfully, we have a government that’s tough on anti vaxers and that will continue to be tough on them. .

Enjoy unemployment this fall. ( if you don’t step up to the plate and do the right thing)
It's okay to disagree with people ignoring experts and putting faith in uneducated idiots blasting misinformation, but I must protest your idea that our government is tough on anti-vaxxers.

People who are against the vaccine are allowed to choose not to get vaccinated. They can continue to work their jobs (if they weren't terminated during the pandemic), and they can go out and risk getting COVID and becoming hospitalized.

Our current federal government is not there to make life safer for us, but instead shove a wedge between Canadians to further their political careers.

Return to “Covid”