Any word for anyone in Moncton/Atlantic?

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

airraptor2023
Rank 0
Rank 0

Any word for anyone in Moncton/Atlantic?

Post by airraptor2023 »

Wondering if anyone in the Atlantic zone has gotten any word of training yet? Seemed as though they were looking to start training in Fall 2022, but the time frame is looking a bit tight now for that to be possible. I passed my Feast and had done my video interview about four weeks ago. I haven't received any word on anything yet beyond that.
---------- ADS -----------

kevenv
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Any word for anyone in Moncton/Atlantic?

Post by kevenv »

Most IFR generic training in Moncton starts in the spring with specialty specific training starting in the fall.

atcguy98
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by atcguy98 »

kevenv wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:51 am Most IFR generic training in Moncton starts in the spring with specialty specific training starting in the fall.
Do you know how many months before training commences they send offers? I'm assuming this could mean not hearing back about an offer until late 2022 or early 2023?

PAR.CYAW
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PAR.CYAW »

Allegedly, all courses are starting in the fall or early winter and they’ve sent out at least some offers. (Totally unverified information)

Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 000 »

I just received the eligible for offer status at YYZ (while it's a different FIR their practices are likely similar) and they told us that courses for fall or winter 2022 are full. For courses beginning in winter or early spring 2023, I was told we should expect to hear back about an offer prior to the end of this year. So, it's likely that the 2022 courses you mentioned at Moncton are already full, and you can expect to wait a few more months for anything in early 2023.

Mevely
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mevely »

I just got my 1 hour virtual assessment invitation today. I did my interview two weeks ago. Idk if it would be any different but I passed feast for just ATC, not FSS

PAR.CYAW
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PAR.CYAW »

Mevely wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:40 am I just got my 1 hour virtual assessment invitation today. I did my interview two weeks ago. Idk if it would be any different but I passed feast for just ATC, not FSS
It's so surprising that you can pass for ATC but fail for FSS.

kaye.boe
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kaye.boe »

Mevely wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:40 am I just got my 1 hour virtual assessment invitation today. I did my interview two weeks ago. Idk if it would be any different but I passed feast for just ATC, not FSS
1 hour virtual assessment? Is bootcamp now also virtual?

Mevely
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mevely »

PAR.CYAW wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:31 pm
It's so surprising that you can pass for ATC but fail for FSS.

Lmao, I’m a rare breed it seems like 😅😅

Mevely
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mevely »

kaye.boe wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:05 pm
For Moncton, apparently ? I’m not sure what to expect tbh.

PAR.CYAW
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PAR.CYAW »

Moncton are doing a virtual panel interview now instead. Probably because most of their applicants come from Nova Scotia and getting across the NS/NB border was a nightmare for so long.

airraptor2023
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by airraptor2023 »

I'm still waiting on word of my initial interview. I think I'm on week four right now. Makes me think hearing that, that a response is probably imminent soon. I too scored high enough for ATC, but not FSS. Fingers crossed and keep posted on how you go

Mevely
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mevely »

PAR.CYAW wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:31 am
Moncton are doing a virtual panel interview now instead. Probably because most of their applicants come from Nova Scotia and getting across the NS/NB border was a nightmare for so long.
It was actually an on demand interview.

Mevely
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mevely »

Mevely wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:36 pm
For Moncton, apparently ? I’m not sure what to expect tbh.
Has anyone else done this yet ?

Last edited by Mevely on Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mevely
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mevely »

airraptor2023 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:44 am
I'm still waiting on word of my initial interview. I think I'm on week four right now. Makes me think hearing that, that a response is probably imminent soon. I too scored high enough for ATC, but not FSS. Fingers crossed and keep posted on how you go
You too ! :)

Yqmatc123
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Yqmatc123 »

Hey, you mind sharing what the one hour virtual assessment was like. I’m scheduled for it next week, and I nave no idea what to expect. During FEAST, they mentioned this virtual interview is replacing bootcamp.

Mevely
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mevely »

Yqmatc123 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:26 am
Hey, you mind sharing what the one hour virtual assessment was like. I’m scheduled for it next week, and I nave no idea what to expect. During FEAST, they mentioned this virtual interview is replacing bootcamp.
I’m actually doing it Monday so I have no idea haha

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”