Pay Scales for Calgary Company's

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
ABFLYER
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:02 pm

Pay Scales for Calgary Company's

Post by ABFLYER »

I hear some companys are cutting pay for pilots in Calgary, is this true?
---------- ADS -----------
 
. .
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2670
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:53 am

Post by . . »

You would think that would be a very bizzare move in the hiring climate today. With everyone having options these days it seems strange that anyone would consider giving their crews the push they might need to make a jump to something better.
---------- ADS -----------
 
ABFLYER
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:02 pm

Post by ABFLYER »

I agree, but I am pretty sure its true that one company is really screwing over the pilots. Has anyone heard anything?
---------- ADS -----------
 
R2000/1830
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Canada

Post by R2000/1830 »

Cariboo
Sunwest
BarXH
Alta Flights

They all got new pay scales within the last 6 months, all pay went up. BarXH and Alta went Way up. So the I dont think your info is correct.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
FL30
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:02 pm
Location: TBA..........

ha

Post by FL30 »

HA!!!

Check out ol' Harvest's,....................joke
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
twinpratts
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1625
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:38 am
Location: The Wild Wild West.
Contact:

Post by twinpratts »

Heard Sunny Homo is getting a new scale... but not sure what the final numbers are.
There was talk that they would be 'taking from some pilots, and giving it to some others'. :shock: Anyone know the inside scoop?
---------- ADS -----------
 
I want to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers...
flaps40
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:05 am

Post by flaps40 »

I would imagine the "some others" are owners. Cariboo rearranged and some took 10% cut, go figure.
---------- ADS -----------
 
DA900
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 705
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:21 pm
Location: CYYC

Post by DA900 »

endless that is one of the all time best avtar of all time, but it fu*ks up the thread when I try to move it down. :(
---------- ADS -----------
 
Rectum, damn near killed 'em
Kariboo Kid
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:56 am

Post by Kariboo Kid »

flaps40 wrote:I would imagine the "some others" are owners. Cariboo rearranged and some took 10% cut, go figure.
Fiction not fact. Most everyone stayed the same, a few went down (because of their experience bracket) and a few went up.

No one should have gone down and it sucks for sure but the owners already have made one increase to some of the structure because they didn't realize the effect the changes had.

Get your facts straight.
---------- ADS -----------
 
flaps40
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:05 am

Post by flaps40 »

Seems I had my facts straight as you agreed that some went down. Exactly what I said.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Kariboo Kid
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:56 am

Post by Kariboo Kid »

flaps40 wrote:Seems I had my facts straight as you agreed that some went down. Exactly what I said.
Firstly, it wasn't 10% - not sure where you pulled that number out of.

Secondly, to insinuate that the owners were taking more cash for themselves off of our backs is BS.
A bunch of people went to the owners and showed them how some were disadvantaged, they listened and made some changes. It's unfortunate that MP had to quit for things to change though.....she was here a long time.

My point is at least they listened - eventually.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Leading Edge
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:46 am

Post by Leading Edge »

Kariboo Kid wrote:It's unfortunate that MP had to quit for things to change though.....she was here a long time.

My point is at least they listened - eventually.
Those payscale reforms, however underwhelming, were in motion long before her departure.
Don't get me wrong...I certainly won't blame anyone for getting a 40% increase for going across the street.

Edge
---------- ADS -----------
 
Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 719
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:12 pm

Post by Kosiw »

Okay, so for those of you "in the know" about the Calgary scene, who are the companies that pay well, and those that don't....posting payscales would help...
---------- ADS -----------
 
Gravity always wins
Kariboo Kid
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:56 am

Post by Kariboo Kid »

Leading Edge wrote:
Kariboo Kid wrote:It's unfortunate that MP had to quit for things to change though.....she was here a long time.

My point is at least they listened - eventually.
Those payscale reforms, however underwhelming, were in motion long before her departure.
Don't get me wrong...I certainly won't blame anyone for getting a 40% increase for going across the street.

Edge
For sure...once I'm in that ballpark I'll be sniffing around too. If they'd level the playing field with this Contrail business it would make things easier..

At the end of the day, the pay here is still better than most in most cases but not so great in a few spots. The people are good and the machines are very well looked after. No reason for me to leave anytime soon.
---------- ADS -----------
 
co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4819
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:33 am
Location: YYC 230 degree radial at about 10 DME

Post by co-joe »

twinpratts wrote:Heard Sunny Homo is getting a new scale... but not sure what the final numbers are.
There was talk that they would be 'taking from some pilots, and giving it to some others'. :shock: Anyone know the inside scoop?
I heard management took one look at the "new pay scale" and chucked it in the trash... back to the drawing board...


I'm"pretty sure" the YC operators SW and NC both pay the same. The other yc operator that comes to mind pays quite a bit more for the northern rotations but quite a bit less in the big city since pay is based on mileage, not salary. Also I heard XH upped the ante quite considerably to near 1980's levels, keep it coming Les.
---------- ADS -----------
 
ABFLYER
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:02 pm

Post by ABFLYER »

The New Sunwest Payscale isn't good at all. I heard that alot of the pilots are on a pay freeze until the the new payscale catches up to them.
Some guys aren't getting a pay increase for a few years.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Frank Castle
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:53 pm
Location: Rikers Island

Post by Frank Castle »

Any idea what the starting capt rages are for BXH and ALTA on the king airs and jet streams?
---------- ADS -----------
 
Legacy
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 539
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:05 pm

Post by Legacy »

Hope this hiring trend continues for a while at the airlines because when the music stops I think all these companies are going to try a recuperate their losses during the boom and you know who always gets the end of the shaft when that happens
---------- ADS -----------
 
Last edited by Legacy on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legacy
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 539
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:05 pm

Post by Legacy »

No reason for me to leave anytime soon.
Only that the airlines are hiring like mad!
---------- ADS -----------
 
flyer
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:37 pm

Post by flyer »

better pay is nice but doesn't make up for being treated like crap, being expected to break every CAR that can be covered up with imaginative 'paperwork' and not knowing your schedual for the next day til morning. Common...?
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”