Corporate / Management Companies to work for as an AME M1M2

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Crossthreaded
Rank 2
Rank 2

Corporate / Management Companies to work for as an AME M1M2

Post by Crossthreaded »

Hi All,

I’m looking for information on corporate and management companies to work for as an AME M1M2. Not much I can find on here about who pays what, schedules and even how to get into it. Trying to get more stable work life schedule wondering if this is a good route? Maybe a list of best to worst to work for? PM me if that’s easier, I just don’t want to waste time and resources on application process having not done my research.
---------- ADS -----------

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Corporate / Management Companies to work for as an AME M1M2

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

I know a bunch of guys at Skyservice that I talk to regularly looking for help. I’m not into the wacky schedules management companies have and crazy hours for the pay (in my experience). You’ll be looking at no more than $50-$55/hr as a contractor at any management company from the rates I’m hearing. What area are you located in? This is not an 8 hour a day gif no matter what anyone tells you.

Crossthreaded
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Crossthreaded »

Nobody answers I don’t think there’s any ames on here that work at these places. They’re always hiring that’s all I know, that’s either a very good thing or very bad thing. From what I’m hearing corporate is slowing down and on shaky legs from this new luxury tax and lack of new aircraxt

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

I did, Let me know if you get any messages….

Pacqing
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pacqing »

Not to sure about management companies but I've known a few guys who had good corporate gigs. Shaw in YYC is a good place with new machines. Not sure about now but in YEG Dr. Allards company Allercom had a 3 hole Dessault Falcon and the Engineer had a good job. Met a Jimmy Pattison Engineer who was with the CL 604 or maybe newer model and he was happy. Also knew some ex Falconbridge and Suncore guys. All good gigs while they lasted. Usually it's who you know that gets you the job. But alas Suncore and a lot of other corporate jobs are done when a new CEO is afraid of flying.

Crossthreaded
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Crossthreaded »

Pacqing wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:47 pm Not to sure about management companies but I've known a few guys who had good corporate gigs. Shaw in YYC is a good place with new machines. Not sure about now but in YEG Dr. Allards company Allercom had a 3 hole Dessault Falcon and the Engineer had a good job. Met a Jimmy Pattison Engineer who was with the CL 604 or maybe newer model and he was happy. Also knew some ex Falconbridge and Suncore guys. All good gigs while they lasted. Usually it's who you know that gets you the job. But alas Suncore and a lot of other corporate jobs are done when a new CEO is afraid of flying.
Actual corporate jobs are disappearing. Management business flight is the largest area of corporate from what I’m reading.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Crossthreaded wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:33 am
Pacqing wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:47 pm Not to sure about management companies but I've known a few guys who had good corporate gigs. Shaw in YYC is a good place with new machines. Not sure about now but in YEG Dr. Allards company Allercom had a 3 hole Dessault Falcon and the Engineer had a good job. Met a Jimmy Pattison Engineer who was with the CL 604 or maybe newer model and he was happy. Also knew some ex Falconbridge and Suncore guys. All good gigs while they lasted. Usually it's who you know that gets you the job. But alas Suncore and a lot of other corporate jobs are done when a new CEO is afraid of flying.
Actual corporate jobs are disappearing. Management business flight is the largest area of corporate from what I’m reading.
It’s probably the smallest area of aviation and extremely hard to get . Management companies are usually a high workload in my experience. It’s not a 8-4 job, most of those positions are indeed on call.

semiretired
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by semiretired »

I worked 25+ years as an AME, a number of those years for 2 of the bigger corporate management companies. Doesn't matter what they tell you they are all the same. They expect everything out of you at minimal pay, you can make just as much with AC or Westjet and have a better work/life balance. I was passed over for promotions, and had jobs given to other less qualified people (even though I held most of the endorsements and I was promised the position). And if you raise issues with them (like the much touted human factors) (they talk the talk but don't walk the walk), you're labelled as a troublemaker and undesirable.
and if you get a job with a good corporate department, your career isn't secure. The Royal Bank operated Challengers for years, new CEO came in, said the jet was too expensive and sold it off, shut the department down. (10-15 years later another new CEO comes in and they get another Challenger) GE operated a flight department down in the states for 30 years, downsized SIGNIFICANTLY. Most of the flight department was let go. AMEs who work their whole career for one corporate flight department are rare. Not to mention there are types who want you "gig" and will stab you in the back to get it.
Some corporate owners believe that since they pay you they own you. Some will want you to wash their cars, get the car gassed up, work on their boat, you know "when you have the free time". Heaven forbid you spend time at home with your kids.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

semiretired wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:53 am I worked 25+ years as an AME, a number of those years for 2 of the bigger corporate management companies. Doesn't matter what they tell you they are all the same. They expect everything out of you at minimal pay, you can make just as much with AC or Westjet and have a better work/life balance. I was passed over for promotions, and had jobs given to other less qualified people (even though I held most of the endorsements and I was promised the position). And if you raise issues with them (like the much touted human factors) (they talk the talk but don't walk the walk), you're labelled as a troublemaker and undesirable.
and if you get a job with a good corporate department, your career isn't secure. The Royal Bank operated Challengers for years, new CEO came in, said the jet was too expensive and sold it off, shut the department down. (10-15 years later another new CEO comes in and they get another Challenger) GE operated a flight department down in the states for 30 years, downsized SIGNIFICANTLY. Most of the flight department was let go. AMEs who work their whole career for one corporate flight department are rare. Not to mention there are types who want you "gig" and will stab you in the back to get it.
Some corporate owners believe that since they pay you they own you. Some will want you to wash their cars, get the car gassed up, work on their boat, you know "when you have the free time". Heaven forbid you spend time at home with your kids.
You have DEFINITELY worked for a management company….

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

semiretired wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:53 am I worked 25+ years as an AME, a number of those years for 2 of the bigger corporate management companies. Doesn't matter what they tell you they are all the same. They expect everything out of you at minimal pay, you can make just as much with AC or Westjet and have a better work/life balance. I was passed over for promotions, and had jobs given to other less qualified people (even though I held most of the endorsements and I was promised the position). And if you raise issues with them (like the much touted human factors) (they talk the talk but don't walk the walk), you're labelled as a troublemaker and undesirable.
Are you still in aviation?

Crossthreaded
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Crossthreaded »

….. this thread is making some sense as to why no one answered

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Crossthreaded wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:34 pm ….. this thread is making some sense as to why no one answered
For fear of reprisal from certain companies. Management aircraft maintenance is the LAST place I’d work as an AME. No life, no schedule, always on call (even tho they advertise as a 9-5 type job). There’s a reason that managers at some of these companies are so young and have so little experience. There’s also a reason some of these companies are always hiring…

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Did you ever get any info?

Return to “Maintenance”