Side jobs, income, business etc...

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

747-875
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Side jobs, income, business etc...

Post by 747-875 »

Class 1 driver license for gap filling here as well. License wasn't super hard or overly expensive to get and I'm not sure I've ever looked at a job board and not seen something a person could use a class 1 to qualify for, and many of them are also interested in part time or on call to fill gaps and take last minute extra trips so perfect for working around an aviation schedule.
---------- ADS -----------

XRS10
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by XRS10 »

While I am not on the pilot side of things, but maintenance. I have a side job through playing video games and writing guides for a certain website. Pay is $51 an hour CAD + a flat rate which ranges anywhere from $1500-$3000 per assignment. Usually takes 10-15 hours per assignment. If the work was more consistent I would have left aviation entirely during the covid downturn

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

Hustle Culture needs to die an agonizingly horrible death.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
skybluetrek
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by skybluetrek »

‘Bob’ wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:49 pm Hustle Culture needs to die an agonizingly horrible death.
:prayer:

Choppermech1986
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Choppermech1986 »

pitottubey wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:40 am I agree. A trade that doesn't require too much skill would be perfect
Such an ignorant comment. You clown. :lol:

pitottubey
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pitottubey »

Choppermech1986 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:17 pm
pitottubey wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:40 am I agree. A trade that doesn't require too much skill would be perfect
Such an ignorant comment. You clown. :lol:
Whoa, Whoa, easy you two. FWIW, I read Pitot’s original comment as an ironic one..
~NorthShore

karlwoodson
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by karlwoodson »

Yeah, been there with the whole job uncertainty thing. I actually started flipping tech gadgets on eBay as a side hustle. It was a bit tricky at first, figuring out how much I was actually making after all the fees and shipping costs. Then I stumbled upon this ebay profit in Canada calculator while trying to make sense of my earnings. Helped me see exactly what my take-home was, so I could really tell if the hustle was worth the time.

Return to “General Comments”