Crossing the the border as an intl student!!!

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

pilotABD
Rank 0
Rank 0

Crossing the the border as an intl student!!!

Post by pilotABD »

Hello everyone, I hope you're all doing well. I wanted to fly to Buffalo with my school's plane as an international student with my ppl and night rating, but I'm not sure if my US visiting visa will allow me to do that. Please assist me if anyone has any information or has done that before under similar circumstances. tia
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Crossing the the border as an intl student!!!

Post by photofly »

I would take US Visa advice from anyone on this forum about as seriously as I'd take flying advice from a CBP officer. If you get it wrong, the airplane will probably be impounded, you will be arrested and deported and you'll not be allowed back in the US for any reason for 10 years or so, so that's your pilot career up the swanee.

Probably start with your flight school; it's unlikely they will permit this, and if they do then they should be the ones to work through the considerable (online) paperwork requirements; you'll also need to buy a CBP entry permit for the airplane, so it's not free.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
pilotABD
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by pilotABD »

photofly wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:55 pm I would take US Visa advice from anyone on this forum about as seriously as I'd take flying advice from a CBP officer. If you get it wrong, the airplane will probably be impounded, you will be arrested and deported and you'll not be allowed back in the US for any reason for 10 years or so, so that's your pilot career up the swanee.

Probably start with your flight school; it's unlikely they will permit this, and if they do then they should be the ones to work through the considerable (online) paperwork requirements; you'll also need to buy a CBP entry permit for the airplane, so it's not free.
I understand what you meant. School is cool with it! theyre like you can do whatever you want and if you meant the sticker then yes we have that on the skin.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

https://workpermit.com/immigration/usa/ ... ot-program

'NB: Visitors on private aircraft will require a B1 and B2 visa."

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
pilotABD
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by pilotABD »

photofly wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:03 pm https://workpermit.com/immigration/usa/ ... ot-program

'NB: Visitors on private aircraft will require a B1 and B2 visa."
thanks for the info! i have a valid B1/B2 visa!

Needswork2020
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Needswork2020 »

Call Buffalo customs prior.
Have a chat, you'll know for sure.

Phone 716-632-4727
Fax N/A

Comments 2 hrs advance notice required. Business hrs 0700-2359 Monday-Friday and 0700-2300 on Saturday & Sunday. *Weekend arrivals call prior to 1600 on preceeding Friday Email buffaloairportcargo@cbp.dhs.gov

Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cessna 180 »

When you fill out EAPIS, you can add your Visa number. If it won't let you, just let the officer on the phone know when you call for landing rights. It's not a big deal, I've done with ESTA eligible people, who since they're going by private aircraft, actually need a visa. Painless.

Return to “General Comments”