Heavy Maintenance in BC or Alberta

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Post Reply
Aero-Starter
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:49 am
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Heavy Maintenance in BC or Alberta

Post by Aero-Starter »

Hi there..

I am currently living in the UK and am looking to up sticks and move to either BC or Alberta. I am trying to get info on the heavy maintenance companies in these areas.
I am a unlicensed mechanic currently work on 737, airbus 320 and have experience on cessna 406 and shorts 360.

Any information or advice would be appreciated :?:

---------- ADS -----------
 
boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1647
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:57 pm
Location: West coast

Post by boeingboy »

Cascade Aerospace in Abbotsford. Pacific Coastal in Vancouver, Spar in Calgary or Edmonton, Kelowna flightcraft.
---------- ADS -----------
 
milendimitrovbg
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:01 am
Location: British Columbia

Post by milendimitrovbg »

Hi,Aero-Starter.
I have no idea why do you want to move in BC or Alberta.If you need more information I am ready to give you some tips.Also I am JAR66 B1 licensed engineer in Europe and willing to move back and need to talk with somebody like you.So, don't hesitate to contact me here in this forum or give me some e-mail and I will reply as soon as I can.
Regards.
---------- ADS -----------
 
aero-singidunum
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:03 am

Post by aero-singidunum »

Working back in Bulgaria?
I heared that Malta is RED HOT, have contract for heavy maintenance with Lufthansa, many guys went there, (no tax)
---------- ADS -----------
 
757AME
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:52 pm

Post by 757AME »

If you really want to make a choice from BC and AB, I suggest you to go to AB, never think about the so-call "professional" maintenance companies....
---------- ADS -----------
 
Downhilldavie
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:59 am

Re: Heavy Maintenance in BC or Alberta

Post by Downhilldavie »

hi guys


interesting post from a while ago

i am also a unlicensed mech hoping to move from Ireland to canada, Van hopefully where my bro lives.

Loking for advice etc on work there any pointers links suggestions appreciated,
---------- ADS -----------
 
Mechman22
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:47 pm

Re: Heavy Maintenance in BC or Alberta

Post by Mechman22 »

I don't know where boeingboy has been hiding for the last couple of years, but Cascade has just laid off over half of their maintenance staff so they aren't hiring and as for SPAR in Edmonton and Calgary they have both gone out of business over a year ago (actually Calgary was longer than that).

If I were you, Calgary would be your best bet to find a job in aviation, it may not be heavy maintenance but there are opportunities there. You will be competing with alot of Canadian AME's for those positions due to the large amount of unemployed engineers in Canada at this moment. We all hope it turns around soon.
---------- ADS -----------
 
SeptRepair
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 889
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:41 pm
Location: Wet Coast.

Re: Heavy Maintenance in BC or Alberta

Post by SeptRepair »

LOL, um Mechman? Boeingboy posted his response 4 years ago. This is an old resurrected thread.
---------- ADS -----------
 
How can you tell which one is the pilot when you walk into a bar?....Don't worry he will come up and tell you.
iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 8132
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:25 pm
Location: Winterfell...

Re: Heavy Maintenance in BC or Alberta

Post by iflyforpie »

I was actually working for Cascade when that was posted. Funny! :lol:

Things are about to get 7% more expensive here in Bring Cash. The Lower Mainland is probably saturated with unemployed AMEs from heavy and it is that much more expensive than the rest of the Province to live.

Run...
---------- ADS -----------
 
Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
Post Reply

Return to “Maintenance”