WJ 737 SOP's

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Mr. re
Rank 0
Rank 0

WJ 737 SOP's

Post by Mr. re »

Hi All,

just as the Title says, I'm after a copy current WJ 737 SOP manual.If you want to DM me.

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

YC87DRVR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: WJ 737 SOP's

Post by YC87DRVR »

Mr. re wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:45 am Hi All,

just as the Title says, I'm after a copy current WJ 737 SOP manual.If you want to DM me.

Thanks
HA! Good luck.

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

Mr. re wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:45 am Hi All,

Thanks
Don't need it, you'll learn everything during the GS.

Blackdog0301
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Blackdog0301 »

Why do you want the SOP's? That's taught to you if you get hired. And if you aren't hired, there's zero reason for you to have possession of them.

Oleo 4
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Oleo 4 »

Mr. Re

You do not and will not be expected to know any SOP's prior to ground school. The course has been designed to build on the previous days tasks while working towards the PPC. You will not be expected to build the aircraft nor be tested on numbers that can be read off a screen. If your request is because you are starting ground school soon then congrats - but trust me you will not need to worry about SOP's until Day 9 is complete (last of technical ground school / exam). The instructors on Day 10 (1 Technical / 1 Operations) will ensure you are on the right track and outline what is required starting in the simulators. We will do our best to keep it light and support you throughout the process.

Cheers
O

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

Airlines operations manuals are considered proprietary and you will likely not find a copy of it easily.

If you really want to get to know the 737, you can grab books from your major (or local) aviation store. There's also free material such as http://www.b737.org.uk

YC87DRVR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by YC87DRVR »

Honestly just don’t bother studying prior to your start(if that is what you want the SOP’s for).

The first couple weeks are extremely busy with ground school all day and endless online learning to be completed in the evenings. WJ crams an initial that would be almost 3 months at AC or Jazz into approx. 6 weeks (cause they’re cheap).

Just relax and enjoy your life now before you get started.
Coming in overly prepared will gain you nothing, except maybe your classmates thinking you’re a nerd.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

The only way you really need to do extra work ahead of time is if you know you have a learning disability or test anxiety that may screw things up for you. b737.org.uk is great but you have to just read the NG/ Max stuff and discard all the rest. Definitely watch his youtube videos. If you want to get ahead on systems, smartcockpit.com has really good thorough groundschools at a pretty reasonable price. Usually you can sneak through a few modules for free, and the schematics are straight from Boeing. There's a boat load of options so don't get too deep into specifics, but knowing the basics of hydrauluics, electrics, fuel, and pneumatics won't hurt you. Buying the ipad cockpit companion is another one, and it has a Westjet specific section. If you can do his exams on astronaut mode you may get a job in the training department on day one

I've heard WS has good well paced ground schools though so don't sweat it.

Return to “WestJet”