https://www.msn.com/en-ca/travel/news/f ... 7b0b101e20

Just imagine if they had "proposed" 250 hours like TC allows. :shock:
---------- ADS -----------

pacman007
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Denied

Post by pacman007 »

With this ruling let’s hope now all US carriers will accept Canadians! They will instantly get hundreds of pilots with 10000 hrs +!

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

pacman007 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:56 pm With this ruling let’s hope now all US carriers will accept Canadians! They will instantly get hundreds of pilots with 10000 hrs +!
Expect ALPA et al in the US to lobby hard against that one. Their recent gains were due to scarcity, not charity.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

I don't think they can push any harder, some pilots in the U.S are making as much as the average CEO.

I think at some point they would have to yield.

If ALPA were able to put a restriction on movement within the U.S so that a tfw or eb holder can only filter into certain positions under an ALPA represented company (for instance no direct to legacy with paying some dues), I wonder if they would be ok with that. Considering most of the U.S regionals, short term pay better than all Canadian carriers for the first 5 years, and have good flow through agreements, one would think utilizing international pilots to fill the lower ranks would be a benefit.

There are to be so many vacancies, even accelerated cadet programs combined with international pilots won't be enough to meet at least the next 5-7 years of industry retirements.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”