CAT 1 Medical Validity

Read and post topics related to aviation medicals, health and fitness in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

COTML
Rank 0
Rank 0

CAT 1 Medical Validity

Post by COTML »

Hey everyone,

I have a question regarding my medical, I recently had a vehicle accident and walked away with just a couple scraps and a pretty bad sprained knee. I was told to stay off if it for a couple weeks by the doctor. This is the first time I've had to take time off work for something and I am wondering do I have to call my CAME and inform him of something like this and will this affect my Medical Validity?

Cheers
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: CAT 1 Medical Validity

Post by photofly »

No, and no.

In fact you never have to call your CAME, and the CAME isn’t “yours” anyway, he or she just happens to be a CAME who conducted your last examination. You have no ongoing relationship with them. What you do have to do is tell any and every physician that consults or treats you that you hold a pilot license, and *that* physician is obliged to tell the minister if they diagnose a medical condition that is incompatible with your medical.

For temporary things like sprains, it’s your responsibility not to exercise the privileges of your licence unless and until you can do so safely, as it is always.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
COTML
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: CAT 1 Medical Validity

Post by COTML »

photofly wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:24 am No, and no.

In fact you never have to call your CAME, and the CAME isn’t “yours” anyway, he or she just happens to be a CAME who conducted your last examination. You have no ongoing relationship with them. What you do have to do is tell any and every physician that consults or treats you that you hold a pilot license, and *that* physician is obliged to tell the minister if they diagnose a medical condition that is incompatible with your medical.

For temporary things like sprains, it’s your responsibility not to exercise the privileges of your licence unless and until you can do so safely, as it is always.
Perfect, thank you. Like I mentioned this is the first time I've come across a situation like this personally so I wasn't really sure on the process but appreciate the info.

Return to “Health & Fitness”