Late 2022 ATPL issue time

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

SkyBagPiper
Rank 1
Rank 1

Late 2022 ATPL issue time

Post by SkyBagPiper »

Hi Y’all,

Small question for the community. How much are ATPL times for the license issuance? I heard it can take up to 8 weeks but I find that excessive. Thanks!!
---------- ADS -----------

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Late 2022 ATPL issue time

Post by Bede »

No idea about ATPL, but my son is still waiting for his ADB from April.

Turboprops
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Turboprops »

8 weeks?
Mine took like 11 weeks back in May/June, that’s with me calling everyday, sent them a company letter saying it’s required for a job, and escalated it to a manager

FL030
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL030 »

It took longer than 8 weeks before the pandemic. It wouldn't surprise me to learn it's 6 months or more now.

SkyBagPiper
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by SkyBagPiper »

8 weeks?
Mine took like 11 weeks back in May/June, that’s with me calling everyday, sent them a company letter saying it’s required for a job, and escalated it to a manager
Well shit. Looks like I’m going to have to go down that path to get it escalated. What office was it done?

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

If you have calculated the hour requirements correctly, you should only have to submit the logbook once, IIRC, saving time.

I guess writtens don't count for a mainline jet application these days.

Turboprops
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Turboprops »

SkyBagPiper wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:42 pm
8 weeks?
Well shit. Looks like I’m going to have to go down that path to get it escalated. What office was it done?
Pacific office, but ended up having an officer from Prairie region complete my application.

Metaltubepilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Metaltubepilot »

Mine was 2 business days past the service standard......But I called every week for at least a month prior to issuance and told them I needed it for some potential employers.

lordpilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lordpilot »

I recommend you Cat1 medical first. It takes soooooooooooooooooooooo long time.

CJKk
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CJKk »

I sent in my logbook and application for ATPL last year, at the start of May. I didn't get anything back until the end of August. I only really started to follow up at the start of August, so that might have affected the wait time. Guys this year are saying it's taking a while too.

780Pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 780Pilot »

Unfortunately the answer is it depends where you drop off the application. I’m out in Toronto and dropped it off at the Yonge street office. I had my sticker in 35 days. My friends back home at the YEG and YYC office.. not so lucky, 5+ months.

Papa_Justin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Papa_Justin »

780Pilot wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:53 pm Unfortunately the answer is it depends where you drop off the application. I’m out in Toronto and dropped it off at the Yonge street office. I had my sticker in 35 days. My friends back home at the YEG and YYC office.. not so lucky, 5+ months.
When did you send it if you don't mind me asking. I'm in montreal and hearing of people here waiting more than 2 months. I just trying to figure out if it's worth mailing it to Toronto haha.

780Pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 780Pilot »

Papa_Justin wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:49 pm
780Pilot wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:53 pm Unfortunately the answer is it depends where you drop off the application. I’m out in Toronto and dropped it off at the Yonge street office. I had my sticker in 35 days. My friends back home at the YEG and YYC office.. not so lucky, 5+ months.
When did you send it if you don't mind me asking. I'm in montreal and hearing of people here waiting more than 2 months. I just trying to figure out if it's worth mailing it to Toronto haha.
June 24 is when I went to the Yonge Street office in Toronto and dropped it off in person. My stuff was processed August 4th and I picked it up a few days after I got off work. I’m not sure mailing it in will get the same results but that’s just a guess. If I were you I’d just go to your local office and drop it off, logbooks and all. Seems to get better attention that way.

Papa_Justin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Papa_Justin »

780Pilot wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:08 am
Papa_Justin wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:49 pm
June 24 is when I went to the Yonge Street office in Toronto and dropped it off in person. My stuff was processed August 4th and I picked it up a few days after I got off work. I’m not sure mailing it in will get the same results but that’s just a guess. If I were you I’d just go to your local office and drop it off, logbooks and all. Seems to get better attention that way.
Thanks for the reply. I'll give them a call and see. I much rather wait 1 month vs 3+ months haha.

Return to “General Comments”