Fiberal morons.... Am I reading this correctly?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

yepivedonethat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Fiberal morons.... Am I reading this correctly?

Post by yepivedonethat »

https://www.wingsmagazine.com/swedish-j ... -buy-f-35/

So.... The F35 has been announced as the winner BUT.... We haven't figured out when we will get them, how much they will cost, what economic benefits Canada will enjoy, talks with the US DoD have been "opaque" and capability requirements still haven't been ironed out.

Meanwhile the Swedes want to sell us Gripen's tomorrow and will go as far as open sourcing them and letting us build as much as we want of them.

The failed part time drama teacher and his gang of morons are lying through their teeth meanwhile our guys and gals in the forces are flying those old first generation F18's indefinitely.
---------- ADS -----------

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Fiberal morons.... Am I reading this correctly?

Post by rookiepilot »

yepivedonethat wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:49 pm https://www.wingsmagazine.com/swedish-j ... -buy-f-35/

So.... The F35 has been announced as the winner BUT.... We haven't figured out when we will get them, how much they will cost, what economic benefits Canada will enjoy, talks with the US DoD have been "opaque" and capability requirements still haven't been ironed out.

Meanwhile the Swedes want to sell us Gripen's tomorrow and will go as far as open sourcing them and letting us build as much as we want of them.

The failed part time drama teacher and his gang of morons are lying through their teeth meanwhile our guys and gals in the forces are flying those old first generation F18's indefinitely.
My last post criticized these guys.

The paid thought police trolls complained.

Disappeared, rather quickly. :roll:

Guess thats not allowed.

yepivedonethat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by yepivedonethat »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:26 pm
My last post criticized these guys.

Disappeared, rather quickly. :roll:

Guess thats not allowed.
I'm merely quoting published fact against fact.

If that's offensive to either the thought police or the powers that be I can't help either.

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

The reason I have heard that Canada made the choice to get F35s (in the first place and then again) is because of the operational requirements to work with the US forces.

It's well beyond my knowledge, so I'll leave it to someone more in the know to let me know how much of an idiot I am.

cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cncpc »

There are no paid thought police trolls. With that cleared up, carry on.

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience often comes from bad judgment.
SPR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SPR »

yepivedonethat wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:49 pm Meanwhile the Swedes want to sell us Gripen's tomorrow and will go as far as open sourcing them and letting us build as much as we want of them.
Absolutely none of this is in the article, so I'm curious what part of your anatomy you pulled it from. What leads you to think the process wouldn't be in the exact same position if Saab had won, but with the details being ironed out with them instead of Lockheed Martin?

yepivedonethat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by yepivedonethat »

SPR wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:35 pm
yepivedonethat wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:49 pm Meanwhile the Swedes want to sell us Gripen's tomorrow and will go as far as open sourcing them and letting us build as much as we want of them.
Absolutely none of this is in the article, so I'm curious what part of your anatomy you pulled it from. What leads you to think the process wouldn't be in the exact same position if Saab had won, but with the details being ironed out with them instead of Lockheed Martin?
It's right on Saab's website:

https://www.saab.com/markets/canada/gri ... nvestments.

Typical procurements, even lengthy government ones would have the majority of details already settled. Essentially the Liberals are saying "please oh please may we buy some of your shiny airplanes???".... That's how weaklings do business.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

goingmissed wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:17 pm The reason I have heard that Canada made the choice to get F35s (in the first place and then again) is because of the operational requirements to work with the US forces.

It's well beyond my knowledge, so I'll leave it to someone more in the know to let me know how much of an idiot I am.
While I was never a big F-35 fan due to single engine and cost, a lot of countries are purchasing it, which does say something.

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

cncpc wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:31 pm

There are no paid thought police trolls. With that cleared up, carry on.
…that’s what you think.

PeterParker
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PeterParker »

pelmet wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:13 am
While I was never a big F-35 fan due to single engine and cost, a lot of countries are purchasing it, which does say something.
That's thanks to the lobbying prowess of the Military-Industrial Complex. You don't need a quality product when you have the muscle (hordes of cash to be specific) to flex politicians into submission...

Return to “General Comments”