Negotiations

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Negotiations

Post by KenoraPilot »

Malfunction wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:47 am So are talks are over, low pay is here to stay
ALPA/Jazz talks still on going
---------- ADS -----------

Inthrustwetrust
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Inthrustwetrust »

How long do these talks normally go for?

CPT.HarshColdReality
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CPT.HarshColdReality »

As long as necessary...

negroni
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by negroni »

Inthrustwetrust wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:39 pm How long do these talks normally go for?
Instant gratification generation.

"I WANT IT NOW"

Inthrustwetrust
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Inthrustwetrust »

Pretty basic question. Your sarcastic response is unwarranted. If you don't know just don't answer.

negroni
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by negroni »

That's the point. No one knows. That's how these things work.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

Inthrustwetrust wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:39 pm How long do these talks normally go for?
2 weeks to 12mths and possibly longer if warranted

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by canadian_aviator_4 »

negroni wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:30 pm
Instant gratification generation.

"I WANT IT NOW"
Just relax negroni. An honest question. Glad someone more mature gave an honest answer.

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

KenoraPilot wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:15 pm
Malfunction wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:47 am So are talks are over, low pay is here to stay
ALPA/Jazz talks still on going
That is a very good news!

Wild guess would be the negotiations will last as long as the Encore negotiations will.
And both proposition will come to the pilot group within couple of days of each other.

Malfunction
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Malfunction »

Just curious, anyone here acctually think this is a good deal? What hot garbage.

Attachments
Screenshot_20221116-081123_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20221116-081123_Samsung Internet.jpg (225.63 KiB) Viewed 1490 times
flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

Malfunction wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:16 am Just curious, anyone here acctually think this is a good deal? What hot garbage.
great example of how stats can be twisted to meet a narative. 85 is not the usual average, and perdiems should never be mentioned as a bonus for a job that is all traveling and away from home. what a joke

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 2112 »

Haha didn't their last facebook/linkdin ad say 87k starting? Could the salary actually be going down?

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by canadian_aviator_4 »

Absolutely pathetic company. I don’t understand how they expect to hire people promoting this pay?

Malfunction
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Malfunction »

There only choice is to raise wages.
If pay dosnt improve pilotswill leave/not apply. If they mess with the AC flow pilots will leave.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

Lots of jazz and ac folk getting their FAA ATPLS currently..

6-7k out of pocket.. but lots of LARGE hiring and retention bonuses south of the 49th to offset that. Plus the massively higher wages, better working conditions and lower living costs.

Seems there is a large lack of faith in negotiations here north of the border.

Anyone have any cute American friends? :wink:

Ash Ketchum
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Ash Ketchum »

I don't see wages raising here unless the US airlines offer employment based sponsorship which is not the case yet. Seems like enough of the flying at Jazz is being covered by WDOs so pay isn't increasing. Sure, Canadian pilots can get the FAA ATP but then they need to struggle through the long and expensive process of getting the EB-2 NIW approved and many who are willing to go (myself included) do not meet the EB-2 NIW experience threshold of 10 years aviation experience and over 5000 flight hours.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

According to Joe Randell - CHR CEO:

“One topic that is being discussed with greater frequency lately is pilots. So I thought, it would be useful to provide some context. Canadian aviation industry is expected to experience increasing demand for pilots. However, Jazz is well positioned to attract and retain pilots with its pilot flow agreement to Air Canada and with Jazz and Air Canada teams working together to ensure a coordinated and smooth pilot flow process. We believe these agreements and processes will continue to allow us to proactively and effectively manage pilot recruitment.”

CHR Q3 2022 Earnings analyst call.

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

Wake up people, they don't give a @#$! about your wages or the flow agreement because you're willing to work the tiller for 80K a year and you keep picking up that phone call on your day off to help pay for that 750k townhouse mortgage of yours and they'll keep putting 250 hours wonders on the right seat.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Rowdy wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:54 am Lots of jazz and ac folk getting their FAA ATPLS currently..

6-7k out of pocket.. but lots of LARGE hiring and retention bonuses south of the 49th to offset that. Plus the massively higher wages, better working conditions and lower living costs.

Seems there is a large lack of faith in negotiations here north of the border.

Anyone have any cute American friends? :wink:
Tinder my friend…. On US layovers. Throw out enough lines and you’ll eventually land yourself a big fish. 8)

Let’s Go Brandon
pirep
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pirep »

rudder wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:04 pm According to Joe Randell - CHR CEO:

“One topic that is being discussed with greater frequency lately is pilots. So I thought, it would be useful to provide some context. Canadian aviation industry is expected to experience increasing demand for pilots. However, Jazz is well positioned to attract and retain pilots with its pilot flow agreement to Air Canada and with Jazz and Air Canada teams working together to ensure a coordinated and smooth pilot flow process. We believe these agreements and processes will continue to allow us to proactively and effectively manage pilot recruitment.”

CHR Q3 2022 Earnings analyst call.
Aka endless stream of 250hr pilots from colleges. No need to raise wages with that demand!

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”