More A220-300

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

More A220-300

Post by hithere »

I guess AC didn’t need those training concessions from the failed MOA after all, since they are full steam ahead with aircraft orders anyway…

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/air-canada- ... -1.1837281
---------- ADS -----------

Protonpilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: More A220-300

Post by Protonpilot »

hithere wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:45 am I guess AC didn’t need those training concessions from the failed MOA after all, since they are full steam ahead with aircraft orders anyway…

I don't read too much into this. These aircraft aren't slated to arrive until 2026. If we can't train an additional 150 pilots in four years then something's wrong.

Last edited by Protonpilot on Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by BTD »

Protonpilot wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:26 am
hithere wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:45 am I guess AC didn’t need those training concessions from the failed MOA after all, since they are full steam ahead with aircraft orders anyway…

I wouldn't read too much into this. Read the news release, these aircraft aren't slated to arrive until 2026. If we can't train an additional 150 pilots in four years then something's wrong.
It’s not about training 150 pilots in 4 years. It’s about training them in addition to the training we already can’t keep up with.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

The MOA was a straight up attempt at grabbing scope and scheduling concessions while we solved their Jazz problem. They view every crisis as an opportunity.

AC managers are so far removed in their little towers I don't even think they see the extent of the problems coming. They'll just keep muddling through until the next crisis and ask again for us to bail them out.

Like in the new bid... how many courses are they triggering with the extra CA reductions vs. 22-03? When they already can't staff staff the airline? That'll sure teach us.

BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by BTD »

altiplano wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:00 pm The MOA was a straight up attempt at grabbing scope and scheduling concessions while we solved their Jazz problem. They view every crisis as an opportunity.

AC managers are so far removed in their little towers I don't even think they see the extent of the problems coming. They'll just keep muddling through until the next crisis and ask again for us to bail them out.

Like in the new bid... how many courses are they triggering with the extra CA reductions vs. 22-03? When they already can't staff staff the airline? That'll sure teach us.
That’s true, but until it happens it’s a paper exercise. They can show the reductions. Not train anyone. Then have them back before anyone has moved. Although there still is risk for them for those that get reduced and then can’t hold it when the positions come back.

TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by TheStig »

BTD wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:22 pm
altiplano wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:00 pm
That’s true, but until it happens it’s a paper exercise. They can show the reductions. Not train anyone. Then have them back before anyone has moved. Although there still is risk for them for those that get reduced and then can’t hold it when the positions come back.
There is still lots of WB growth on the revised bid, looks like there will be about 10 NB Captains reduced. Those pilots will hold reinstatement rights and will show Captains positions on 23-01, the cost savings for the Co is simply not having to pay activation pay for pilots they would not be able to train prior to their previous activation date.

For any NB Captains looking to switch to WB FO this bid is an opportunity to get a free coarse.

The bid still has more vacancies and movement than can be trained within a year, whether there is 500 vacancies or 10,000, the only difference is activation dates, that is what the latest bid is attempting to balance.

Return to “Air Canada”