AME pay scales on the rise !

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

johnkruk
Rank 2
Rank 2

AME pay scales on the rise !

Post by johnkruk »

Seen both Cargojet and Porter have both increased there pay scales by a large margin. Is it time for the major players to pay up finally ?!?!
---------- ADS -----------

Dronepiper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: AME pay scales on the rise !

Post by Dronepiper »

What are their new scales?

johnkruk
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by johnkruk »

Topping out just over 50$ for AME - ACA

SeptRepair
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by SeptRepair »

As an employee? or Contractor?

How can you tell which one is the pilot when you walk into a bar?....Don't worry he will come up and tell you.
Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

johnkruk wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:38 pm Topping out just over 50$ for AME - ACA
A wage that exists most larger carriers. It’s sad that $50 is “up”

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by -42 »

Enjoy those pork chops at 3:30 AM for the next 10 years. Hell for 50 an hour you could buy some nice sunglasses to block the burning sun at 5 AM when you get off with the rest of the vampires on a Sunday morning. Why the hell would anyone want to do that even for 100 an hour. Pure garbage.

chowda
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by chowda »

"Because you get to work on airplanes. But you wouldnt understand that because you dont have the passion to be in aviation."

Just throwing together the only probable response from any mouthfoamer that dares to respond with what they would consider a mic dropping reply.

:smt040

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

-42 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:59 pm Enjoy those pork chops at 3:30 AM for the next 10 years. Hell for 50 an hour you could buy some nice sunglasses to block the burning sun at 5 AM when you get off with the rest of the vampires on a Sunday morning. Why the hell would anyone want to do that even for 100 an hour. Pure garbage.
Steaming hot garbage. The solution is manpower. But manpower costs money. They won’t even pay for what’s available now, just work you twice as hard for a rate of1.5x some of the hours you work…. If they don’t hours of averaging your ass to death.

drone_driver24
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by drone_driver24 »

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by -42 »

Still not enough. Industry is so screwed. Love it.

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

-42 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:28 pm Still not enough. Industry is so screwed. Love it.
Was thinking exactly that.

10 years ago it would have been modestly significant but now there is no way that those increases will make a measurable impact on living expenses.

Additionally, throw in the combined fed/prov tax rates for incomes right around $100000 annually and you're giving away on average 44% of that income every year. Over 155000 a year you're looking at another average of 7%(51% total) gone.

Then you can get into carbon taxation, fuel, food, property taxes, increasing utilities charges, etc, etc, etc. I knew a grad student years ago who did a thesis on what Canadians pay in total tax out of there income and it was just under 70%, depending on individual scenarios. This was almost 20 years ago so I imagine its gotten significantly worse since the leftist has been ruling here.

Anyway, food for thought. Im of the opinion its too late for aviation, or many other industries, to "wage raise" their way out of their inability to attract workers to high cost of living centers, not to mention shit work(aviation)conditions. Most will still be some form of "high" paid working poor, arguably worse off in a big metropolitan center verses a more rural area.

Just like -42, I love it because the industry deserves what its earned.

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by -42 »

Agreed Pat. The magic bullet for most industries now is immigration on a massive scale. Flood the markets with cheap, extremely naive and easily manipulated labour. Most immigrants I speak to on jobs are immediately willing, able and ready to give up everything to please the employer. Gladly as I slip slowly into retirement these same people will provide me with all the comforts I require at a cheaper cost. The flip side to that is the greedy employer will benefit even more until the immigrants figure it out which should take twenty years until the next wave.

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

I agree that that is/has been the go to for this shit industry, but I wonder how feasible it will be going forward?

From the majority of my personal experiences, most of the imports leave a lot to be desired with regards to critical thinking, decision making, and just plain aptitude. Very much like Gen Z's, but without the entitlement, lol.
Generally, they are in need of exact instruction and, due to their cultural upbringing, are timid to even attempt to own a sitiuation or think indepently.
A certain island nation is very bad for this in its particularly if a crew is made up of them. Only the crewchief speaks and its a major insult if anyone "lower" than him doesn't know "their place".

Most come from a big airline in their home country where that kind of hierarchy is dominant.It will work here as long as there is somebody who is in place to instruct them and as long as pooling their money gets them some sort of accomodation and transportation. This has all been explained to me by several of these guys. Their plans are absolutely minimize their living expenses and send the rest home

The way things are going I believe industry will just lower their expectations with regards to quality levels, similar to what you see in a lot of restaraunts because of inabilities to attract skilled people. They just make the menu more mediocre/simple so that the lower pay taking/less skilled people can make a go of it.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Pat Richard wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:43 pm I agree that that is/has been the go to for this shit industry, but I wonder how feasible it will be going forward?

From the majority of my personal experiences, most of the imports leave a lot to be desired with regards to critical thinking, decision making, and just plain aptitude. Very much like Gen Z's, but without the entitlement, lol.
Generally, they are in need of exact instruction and, due to their cultural upbringing, are timid to even attempt to own a sitiuation or think indepently.
A certain island nation is very bad for this in its particularly if a crew is made up of them. Only the crewchief speaks and its a major insult if anyone "lower" than him doesn't know "their place".

Most come from a big airline in their home country where that kind of hierarchy is dominant.It will work here as long as there is somebody who is in place to instruct them and as long as pooling their money gets them some sort of accomodation and transportation. This has all been explained to me by several of these guys. Their plans are absolutely minimize their living expenses and send the rest home

The way things are going I believe industry will just lower their expectations with regards to quality levels, similar to what you see in a lot of restaraunts because of inabilities to attract skilled people. They just make the menu more mediocre/simple so that the lower pay taking/less skilled people can make a go of it.
Well, I don’t see this trend slowing any time soon if ever. There’s going to be a really big f$&k up before things start to correct

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Transat just substantiality jacked their AME wages by up to 26% this week.

Edit- never mind, that was the original topic link! :)

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:20 pm
Pat Richard wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:43 pm I agree that that is/has been the go to for this shit industry, but I wonder how feasible it will be going forward?

Well, I don’t see this trend slowing any time soon if ever. There’s going to be a really big f$&k up before things start to correct
I agree. Its really the only avenue left for them. You can only rely on puppy mills for a few bodies, especially when a good chunk of them never even bother to try this field after graduation.

Reality is a bitch, lol

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Pat Richard wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:01 pm
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:20 pm

I agree. Its really the only avenue left for them. You can only rely on puppy mills for a few bodies, especially when a good chunk of them never even bother to try this field after graduation.

Reality is a bitch, lol
These jerks roll the dice all the time to save a buck, including but not limited to employee safety and liability. Sooooooo over it in Canada.

Spot2go
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Spot2go »

Canadian pay VS American

Attachments
7F929DA0-C3B4-4A87-BD43-2010C255883D.jpeg
7F929DA0-C3B4-4A87-BD43-2010C255883D.jpeg (1.71 MiB) Viewed 1620 times
Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Spot2go wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:27 pm Canadian pay VS American
If those numbers are correct (which I’m sure they are) no wonder Canada is hiring the dregs

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by -42 »

Why won’t employers post wages? Let’s see here and speculate. Are they embarrassed? Are they playing you for stupid? What exactly is the goal here? Enquiring minds want to know what the sour flavour of the day employer is hoping to achieve by not posting at least the resemblance of an hourly wage. The usual “competitive”, “industry standard” should be a big red warning flag with flashing lights for anyone willing to sacrifice their life for said potential employer. Good luck on your future endeavours.

Return to “Maintenance”