705 PIC vs 737 type

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

FL030
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: 705 PIC vs 737 type

Post by FL030 »

I don't think he's getting hired without a degree/aviation diploma is he? Hence the Jazz backdoor for those who don't meet those education requirements. People often seem to brush over the education part. Are they being less strict about that these days?
---------- ADS -----------

Jetlifer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jetlifer »

Transition9er2 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:12 am
Jetlifer wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:28 am
co-joe wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:12 am

Which one has better long term lifestyle and pay for you? Do you want to be a PIC on a large turboprop, or a small Boeing for your life? Don't worry about Air Canada, they'll call when they call (neither are better on the resume), the question is, where do you want to hang your hat when either AC never calls, or they don't call you back after the interview?
This is the best advice and most true statement I’ve seen on here.. I’ve thought long and hard on this, and the truth is there seems to be literally no method in the madness as to what gets you in the door to AC. I’m a 705 training captain and have had my application in with AC for nearly a year.. I see people all around me getting interviews. Some with less experience and some with different experience. To be honest, I don’t even know if the recruiters have a process.. they just likely look at the next bid of what they need and try to find the closest to that.. moving down the qualifications list, while still trying to grab some from Jazz.

If anyone actually knows more, I haven’t seen a soul on here share it, if you do we’re all ears! Otherwise, the advice from above is all you have to go on.

Myself, I’ve got an offer to go to Jazz.. I’m probably just going to do that. Why? Because Jazz is a great company, and I’d rather fly for them than who I fly for now. It’s still going to give me the Air Canada in time.
When was the last time you updated your application with AC? If you ultimately want to be at AC and you meet the min requirements right now, don't waste your time at Jazz. Sure Jazz is a good company, but getting a seniority number at AC today is more important long term.

If I were you I’d start by updating my resume and application then start reaching out to HR and following up with them. Given the hiring that’s going on you shouldn’t be overlooked this long unless there’s a glaring reason as to why. I’ve been hearing some timelines between interview and GS being 4-6 weeks.

Don’t walk away from Jazz just yet, but see if you can get some communication from HR at AC, then decide.

Just my 2 cents
I update my resume every month, with new totals etc.. and I’ve tried to reach out and find some HR connections, harder than you’d think!

I’m now reaching out to anyone I know to see if they’re able to help, so we’ll see.

To answer the other question, no I don’t have a degree, or Aviation diploma, but I do have a diploma in business, and am bilingual :)

Transition9er2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Transition9er2 »

Jetlifer wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:41 pm
Transition9er2 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:12 am
Jetlifer wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:28 am

This is the best advice and most true statement I’ve seen on here.. I’ve thought long and hard on this, and the truth is there seems to be literally no method in the madness as to what gets you in the door to AC. I’m a 705 training captain and have had my application in with AC for nearly a year.. I see people all around me getting interviews. Some with less experience and some with different experience. To be honest, I don’t even know if the recruiters have a process.. they just likely look at the next bid of what they need and try to find the closest to that.. moving down the qualifications list, while still trying to grab some from Jazz.

If anyone actually knows more, I haven’t seen a soul on here share it, if you do we’re all ears! Otherwise, the advice from above is all you have to go on.

Myself, I’ve got an offer to go to Jazz.. I’m probably just going to do that. Why? Because Jazz is a great company, and I’d rather fly for them than who I fly for now. It’s still going to give me the Air Canada in time.
When was the last time you updated your application with AC? If you ultimately want to be at AC and you meet the min requirements right now, don't waste your time at Jazz. Sure Jazz is a good company, but getting a seniority number at AC today is more important long term.

If I were you I’d start by updating my resume and application then start reaching out to HR and following up with them. Given the hiring that’s going on you shouldn’t be overlooked this long unless there’s a glaring reason as to why. I’ve been hearing some timelines between interview and GS being 4-6 weeks.

Don’t walk away from Jazz just yet, but see if you can get some communication from HR at AC, then decide.

Just my 2 cents
I update my resume every month, with new totals etc.. and I’ve tried to reach out and find some HR connections, harder than you’d think!

I’m now reaching out to anyone I know to see if they’re able to help, so we’ll see.

To answer the other question, no I don’t have a degree, or Aviation diploma, but I do have a diploma in business, and am bilingual :)
Post secondary isn’t as sought after as it once was.

I’ll send you a PM.

thepoors
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thepoors »

Bluewaffe wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:35 pm Which one catches ACs eye more?

I have the opportunity to stay at my 705 op to upgrade soon or hop over to a ULCC to be an FO on the 37. Looking for opinions.
Know several guys recently hired that only had 703 pic and some 704/705 right seat time.

capt_Z
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by capt_Z »

I have the opportunity to stay at my 705 op to upgrade soon or hop over to a ULCC to be an FO on the 37. Looking for opinions.
So you planning to leave Jazz and head to Flair?

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

capt_Z wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:46 pm

So you planning to leave Jazz and head to Flair?
Reviving a 8 months old question. Good work. Keep up the good trolling.

Return to “Air Canada”