FO HIRING MINIMUMS

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

machkill
Rank 0
Rank 0

FO HIRING MINIMUMS

Post by machkill »

Hello

I was wondering if we can get hired as a FO with

TT 2500 hours
2200 hours on atr72

thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Apestogetherstrong
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: FO HIRING MINIMUMS

Post by Apestogetherstrong »

At AC yes

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

machkill wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:40 pm Hello

TT 2500 hours
2200 hours on atr72

thanks
That would be competitive at Flair for an FO position in early 2023

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by canadian_aviator_4 »

I’m pretty sure you are very competitive considering flair recently hired flight instructors.

Curiousflyer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Curiousflyer »

That’s more than enough for AC right now.

thepoors
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thepoors »

Curiousflyer wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:14 pm That’s more than enough for AC right now.
Not everyone wants to go to AC for frozen poverty wages and a shit BOTL schedule.

Caterpillar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Caterpillar »

tbaylx wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:03 pm

TT 2500 hours
2200 hours on atr72

thanks
Can you tell us which bases are being awarded at the moment across the system?

Since I’m flying the King Air, does that qualify me to fly the Queen of the skies?
tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Caterpillar wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:20 pm

TT 2500 hours
2200 hours on atr72

thanks
It really depends on when you get hired and if it's FO or Captain. I can say that pretty much every base but YOW is open for the December course. Even if you don't get what you want as your first choice it's virtually certain a new hire would hold their first choice within 6 months with the current growth.

Everyone in the company currently (including the Oct 2022 class) will hold their first choice of base by December 01, 2022 with the exception of those bidding YOW Captain.

Yogi21
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Yogi21 »

tbaylx wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:38 pm
It really depends on when you get hired and if it's FO or Captain. I can say that pretty much every base but YOW is open for the December course. Even if you don't get what you want as your first choice it's virtually certain a new hire would hold their first choice within 6 months with the current growth.

Everyone in the company currently (including the Oct 2022 class) will hold their first choice of base by December 01, 2022 with the exception of those bidding YOW Captain.
Are all the invites for December GS sent? For FO’s what kind of experience levels for Jan, Feb and March are expected for a start date?

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Yogi21 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:41 am

Are all the invites for December GS sent? For FO’s what kind of experience levels for Jan, Feb and March are expected for a start date?
I'm not directly involved with recruitment so take this for what its worth. December and Jan DEC's or experienced (4000TT +) FO's are being prioritized. I believe the Dec class is around half full currently. Beginning in Feb and onwards we will start mixing classes with lower TT FO"s. Candidates with 2500TT + will be preferred although each class has a few spots open for sub-2500-hour candidates.

slottedslat
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by slottedslat »

tbaylx wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:09 am

I'm not directly involved with recruitment so take this for what its worth. December and Jan DEC's or experienced (4000TT +) FO's are being prioritized. I believe the Dec class is around half full currently. Beginning in Feb and onwards we will start mixing classes with lower TT FO"s. Candidates with 2500TT + will be preferred although each class has a few spots open for sub-2500-hour candidates.
Can we still expect an invite for Dec class or is it full?

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

slottedslat wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:05 pm
tbaylx wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:09 am

Can we still expect an invite for Dec class or is it full?
December class still has some openings i believe

negroni
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by negroni »

I'm amazed with your position that you have so much time to post on avcanada.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

negroni wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:40 pm I'm amazed with your position that you have so much time to post on avcanada.
I guess you could look at it that way. If you're trying to insinuate that management positions in Flair Flight Operations have a low workload and lots of spare time then feel free to apply for the next open position :lol:

I choose to post here to provide factual, up-to-date information for pilots either currently at Flair or considering Flair. I choose to do this despite the time demands of the position because I think it's important. If you don't want to read what I post feel free to ignore it and move on.

slottedslat
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by slottedslat »

tbaylx wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:49 pm
negroni wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:40 pm I'm amazed with your position that you have so much time to post on avcanada.
I guess you could look at it that way. If you're trying to insinuate that management positions in Flair Flight Operations have a low workload and lots of spare time then feel free to apply for the next open position :lol:

I choose to post here to provide factual, up-to-date information for pilots either currently at Flair or considering Flair. I choose to do this despite the time demands of the position because I think it's important. If you don't want to read what I post feel free to ignore it and move on.
We (at least I) appreciate your continuous feedback. One of the only employers who actually takes time to provide us with info.

pilotguy53
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pilotguy53 »

FWIW, with comments like that, I think Negroni's handle should be replaced with Jabroni.

Return to “Flair Airlines”