Foreign DEC

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

GRK2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Foreign DEC

Post by GRK2 »

negroni wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:37 am
tbaylx wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:08 pm I see the internet heroes of ignorance are back. :roll:

What I said was that Flair is not and will not pursue Temporary Foreign Workers which involves hiring foreign pilot license and passport holders to come on a temporary Foreign License Validation Certificate and operate Canadian aircraft for a period of time similar to the program that Sunwing has used seasonally.

What we have done and are continuing to do, is recruit pilots that do not hold Canadian passports. We have recruited some Ukrainian nationals under the Canadian government's CUAET program and we are actively recruiting experienced pilots from South Africa. These foreign nationals will be supported in order to immigrate to Canada, obtain Permanent Residency for themselves and their families, and eventually Canadian Citizenship. They have the right to work in Canada, same as any other Canadian pilot, and will have obtained a Canadian ATPL and medical before they operate any Canadian registered aircraft.

It's a time-consuming, expensive process and has nothing to do with the TFW program used by other airlines in Canada. It provides the opportunity for foreign nationals who wish to immigrate to Canada an opportunity for Canadian citizenship for their families and helps bring qualified professionals to Canada who will contribute to our industry and our country for years to come.
Scab
"a person who refuses to strike or to join a labor union or who takes over the job responsibilities of a striking worker."
verb.

So you are incorrect. Before you post something you think is clever or inflammatory, I'd suggest actually understanding what it is you're trying to say. In this case you simply look ignorant.

Interestingly, your less than erudite attempt to inflame has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand. Try again.
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by GRK2 on Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
eurotrash
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by eurotrash »

tbaylx wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:08 pm It's a time-consuming, expensive process and has nothing to do with the TFW program used by other airlines in Canada. It provides the opportunity for foreign nationals who wish to immigrate to Canada an opportunity for Canadian citizenship for their families and helps bring qualified professionals to Canada who will contribute to our industry and our country for years to come.
Why don't you just invest in Canadian pilots?

Ie pay them a liveable wage.

It's great you're helping out the poor pilots of Johannesburg but what about our own?

RoAF-Mig21
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RoAF-Mig21 »

To play devil's advocate a bit:

Funny how some here are very upset about foreign pilots coming here, but many of us would go to the USA in a heartbeat if offered the opportunity to fly for United, Delta, American or Alaska :)

Don't forget about Canadian pilots flying (or that have flown) for Cathay, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Fly Dubai, Korean etc.

Again, just pointing out a little hypochrisy... (and I'm guilty of that myself)

BUT:

For the record, I'm against hiring foreign pilots under the pretext of "We can't find enough guys and gals here". Yes, you can if you're willing to pay more. Not willing to pay adequate wages is not a reason to import cheap labor.

With that being said, if South Africans, Ukranians, etc. want to immigrate to Canada and start a life here, as legal landed immigrantS, I'm okay with that, but you go though the proper immigration channels (like my family did back in the 90s).

Jean-Pierre
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jean-Pierre »

RoAF-Mig21
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RoAF-Mig21 »

Jean-Pierre wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:42 pm Image
Jesus Christ. I read that article and I'm... Jesus Christ...

negroni
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by negroni »

Jean-Pierre wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:42 pm Image
"Living the dream"

Maybe he wouldn't have to live in a van if the pay improved here in Canada instead of hiring South Africans and looking for any way to keep costs down.

negroni
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by negroni »

GRK2 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:15 am
negroni wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:37 am
tbaylx wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:08 pm I see the internet heroes of ignorance are back. :roll:

What I said was that Flair is not and will not pursue Temporary Foreign Workers which involves hiring foreign pilot license and passport holders to come on a temporary Foreign License Validation Certificate and operate Canadian aircraft for a period of time similar to the program that Sunwing has used seasonally.

What we have done and are continuing to do, is recruit pilots that do not hold Canadian passports. We have recruited some Ukrainian nationals under the Canadian government's CUAET program and we are actively recruiting experienced pilots from South Africa. These foreign nationals will be supported in order to immigrate to Canada, obtain Permanent Residency for themselves and their families, and eventually Canadian Citizenship. They have the right to work in Canada, same as any other Canadian pilot, and will have obtained a Canadian ATPL and medical before they operate any Canadian registered aircraft.

It's a time-consuming, expensive process and has nothing to do with the TFW program used by other airlines in Canada. It provides the opportunity for foreign nationals who wish to immigrate to Canada an opportunity for Canadian citizenship for their families and helps bring qualified professionals to Canada who will contribute to our industry and our country for years to come.
Scab
"a person who refuses to strike or to join a labor union or who takes over the job responsibilities of a striking worker."
verb.

So you are incorrect. Before you post something you think is clever or inflammatory, I'd suggest actually understanding what it is you're trying to say. In this case you simply look ignorant.

Interestingly, your less than erudite attempt to inflame has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand. Try again.
Nah mate. He's a scab. He went to fly for an airline whos only reason for existence was to undercut the WestJet pilots and was a large part along with all the other swoopster scab decs of why swoop actually managed to get off the ground. And then dipped as soon as something better came along. And now swoop pays some of the lowest wages in Canada for and NB 705. Scab.

Alkasultzer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Alkasultzer »

So you guys are telling me the VP of Flight Ops at Flair lives in a van down by the river with a flight attendant?

Cringe

GRK2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GRK2 »

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I lived in my Jeep Cherokee for 3 days back in the day between apartments and that was enough. I wasn’t near a river though! :lol:

Let’s Go Brandon
crashpadcommute
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by crashpadcommute »

GRK2 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:32 pm https://youtu.be/2sRS1dwCotw
I think you meant this link...

https://youtu.be/Xv2VIEY9-A8

Jumbo744
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jumbo744 »

Wow you guys have reached a new low. He is 100% right when he calls you internet heroes. It is alarming to know that there are such immature pilots flying in Canada.

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

You lot do realize that some people maybe enjoy living a simplistic lifestyle, ie van life etc, regardless of their income right? It's a personal decision and you guys are here attacking him for it? That says more about you than him.

ads-b
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ads-b »

The difference with the usa, they’ve already increased their pay and working conditions to attract pilots. Canada hasn’t even started and shitbag companies are attempting to usurp supply demand curve.

We all need to stop defending the companies we work for, grow a set and stand together.

TFW are bullshit. Immigration pathway for crap pay also bullshit. No wrapping this with a bow.

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

ads-b wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:54 am The difference with the usa, they’ve already increased their pay and working conditions to attract pilots. Canada hasn’t even started and shitbag companies are attempting to usurp supply demand curve.

We all need to stop defending the companies we work for, grow a set and stand together.

TFW are bullshit. Immigration pathway for crap pay also bullshit. No wrapping this with a bow.
Well said. The USA pilot market doesn't have FTWs, open border/immigration pathway programs, cadets/250hrs CPLs in the right seat of airliners and somehow they managed to figure out the supply/demand curve.

Why would any company bends over backward to pay FOs decent liveable wages when they can get a self-sponsored TR cadet program ? Why bother attracting local DECs when there's TFWs and immigration pathways programs ?

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

Unbelievable how many see nothing wrong with what this individual alone has done. Him and his kind have done and continue to do irreparable damage to our profession, yet we still have some jumping to their defence, I guess maybe those defending him are those who'd do the same if it were them.

When you go for a job that's being contested under scope purview and every professional association in the country is calling for an application boycott of said job, and you still chose to ignore all of that, you're damn well a scab.

And now he hides behind the technicality that what they're looking for is technically not a TFW. But the principle of why they're doing it remains the same as TFW. They need to attract qualified talent and don't want to raise wages to do so.

You personify everything that's wrong in this industry for pilots. I wish we had a similar scab list like the Americans do to this day.

GeoffPilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by GeoffPilot »

Jumbo744 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:23 am Wow you guys have reached a new low.
As low as the pay for pilots in this country?

Pilots that fly the same planes we do & fly to the same destinations make multiple times what Canadians do...and we got people attempting to circumvent labour economics to not pay us more...and any sort of criticism of this, is a problem?

Are pilots in Canuckistan that thick?

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

Don't forget that he's also ex-Jetsgo.

At least Flair isn't pay-for-training.

Yet.

Jester123
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jester123 »

Last edited by Jester123 on Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jester123
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jester123 »

RoAF-Mig21 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:03 am To play devil's advocate a bit:

Funny how some here are very upset about foreign pilots coming here, but many of us would go to the USA in a heartbeat if offered the opportunity to fly for United, Delta, American or Alaska :)

Don't forget about Canadian pilots flying (or that have flown) for Cathay, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Fly Dubai, Korean etc.

Again, just pointing out a little hypochrisy... (and I'm guilty of that myself)

BUT:

For the record, I'm against hiring foreign pilots under the pretext of "We can't find enough guys and gals here". Yes, you can if you're willing to pay more. Not willing to pay adequate wages is not a reason to import cheap labor.

With that being said, if South Africans, Ukranians, etc. want to immigrate to Canada and start a life here, as legal landed immigrantS, I'm okay with that, but you go though the proper immigration channels (like my family did back in the 90s).

Last edited by Jester123 on Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Flair Airlines”